You know, humans are pretty mad because we drive cars

Go to solution Solved by Camul,

I'm all in favour of removing the driver as part of being in a car. Also, don't worry about dying OP. Just worry about living poorly, because that's far, far worse.

I'm all in favour of removing the driver as part of being in a car. Also, don't worry about dying OP. Just worry about living poorly, because that's far, far worse.

I am poor already so no worries there :P

MMMmm that smell of exhaust in the morning. Driving is fun.

You've clearly never taken a train in the UK at rush hour, you'd be very luck to sit at all, comfortably is out of the question.

There are risks attached to everything, many of them involve being at the mercy of other peoples mistakes. Driving in the rush hour also rarely invovles driving quickly anyway.

THe corners were revamped too:

http://www.treinreiziger.nl/userfiles/image/artikel/600/NID1h.jpg

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSK2NQ3CUxduqqtNjPKr9Dra3ZDkCJ8RNAXj0LVI56oAedhN3sv

Yep, but the perks are:

- Do things like be on your smartphone/tablet or read a newspaper while waiting in the train

- Sit comfortably, don't have to focus on driving or anything of the sort

- Can eat without issue because you don't drive

etc.

Also no taxes for your car.

I would take trains but I stil want a big Merc or AUDI and drive fast with it.

You've clearly never taken a train in the UK at rush hour, you'd be very luck to sit at all, comfortably is out of the question.

There are risks attached to everything, many of them involve being at the mercy of other peoples mistakes. Driving in the rush hour also rarely invovles driving quickly anyway.

Or any bus on rush hour. Half of the people will sit and other half needs to stand up.

I am poor already so no worries there :P

Not what I meant. :P I meant poor quality of life. Dying at 30 doing something you loved is far better than living 'till you're 80 having done nothing.

It's only a three ton piece of metal going 80mph... what's the worst that could happen?

Not what I meant. :P I meant poor quality of life. Dying at 30 doing something you loved is far better than living 'till you're 80 having done nothing.

I seriously doubt that.

Actually it's pretty safe due to the comprehensive lists of things that are necessary to drive

1) A driver's license, only people who have sufficient experience can even attempt to drive unsupervised

2) Traffic lights and a plethora of rules to observe at all times

3) Sip belts, ABS breaking, air bags and specially designed, crash proof cars

4) Constant vigilance with police and traffic officials that enforce 1 through 3

5) Advance medicine in case 1 to 4 go wrong

I mean statistically speaking I think you have worst risks showering in your house due to slipping and breaking your legs or hitting your head and dying. 

-------

Current Rig

-------

Actually it's pretty safe due to the comprehensive lists of things that are necessary to drive

1) A driver's license, only people who have sufficient experience can even attempt to drive unsupervised

4) Constant vigilance with police and traffic officials that enforce 1 through 3

I mean statistically speaking I think you have worst risks showering in your house due to slipping and breaking your legs or hitting your head and dying. 

Nah, driving still more :D

If you're not motorically challenged and not clumsy you should be fine showering.

But then I have ninja like control and awareness.

If I were to say..slip..while my old high school was out for lunch, I could accidentally kill 60-70 people.

The practice in itself is just a controlled mistake waiting to happen.

I drive because of convenience, I mean going to uni in a few months, going on public transport with all the things I need, pots, pans, clothes, PC etc. would be a pain in the ass. Driving is pretty safe nowadays, people bringing up biking isn't exactly a good point, as I feel like biking whilst on the road is some scary shit, other drivers don't care for your safety. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

I seriously doubt that.

Life itself is shit. If you can't fill it with stuff that makes you happy then you might as well be dead.

I drive because of convenience, I mean going to uni in a few months, going on public transport with all the things I need, pots, pans, clothes, PC etc. would be a pain in the ass. Driving is pretty safe nowadays, people bringing up biking isn't exactly a good point, as I feel like biking whilst on the road is some scary shit, other drivers don't care for your safety. 

Where you live yeah :D

But Netherlands is THE bike country, so we always have bike lanes and roads, always.

And almost everybody rides bikes here.

So we should stop using cars...

Lol That is not going to happen any time soon. I agree it is not always the most efficient way of transporting yourself but often your livelihood depends on your ability to get to your employment regularly. In the vast majority of the world the public transportation system is not even close to being capable of truly replacing cars.

Don't like it, that's cool feel free to use other forms of transport. I'll keep driving.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Life itself is shit. If you can't fill it with stuff that makes you happy then you might as well be dead.

Nah, you can fill it with other things like helping others/self sacrifice.

You can always get a better life.

So we should stop using cars...

Did I say this? calm down, jesus. Don't go Murica Muh Freedom on me.

Did I say this? calm down, jesus.

I am calm. Don't take things so personally. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Where you live yeah :D

But Netherlands is THE bike country, so we always have bike lanes and roads, always.

And almost everybody rides bikes here.

I guess, it all depends where you live, sure there's bike lanes in the UK but they're rare, and for me anyway, it's too far to bike where I usually go. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

If I were to say..slip..while my old high school was out for lunch, I could accidentally kill 60-70 people.

The practice in itself is just a controlled mistake waiting to happen.

Yes and a meteor could also crash into them and kill 60-70 people. Actually that might be more likely unless your high school has an outdoors cafeteria without any sort of walls of fences and you lost control of the car while being completely silent even when breaking, going out of control and jumping over the curve, not hitting any poles,etc. You get the idea.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I am calm. Don't take things so personally. 

Well I do because your post seems to take it personally as well :D

Well I do because your post seems to take it personally as well :D

Pointing out flaws is taking things personally now?

Yes and a meteor could also crash into them and kill 60-70 people. Actually that might be more likely unless your high school has an outdoors cafeteria without any sort of walls of fences and you lost control of the car while being completely silent even when breaking, going out of control and jumping over the curve, not hitting any poles,etc. You get the idea.

The chances of something going wrong with my truck are statistically greater than a meteor coming down and slamming in that intersection. You know why I said what I did. It's just like flying is controlled falling, it's not actually that safe because so much can go so very wrong.

Pointing out flaws is taking things personally now?

No, you said 'if you don't want to drive that's fine but I will keep driving' 

Seems pretty personal. Like you feared I was taking or saying we should take that freedom from you.

I've been legally allowed to drive for nearly 20 years, and never even bothered to get my license.  A bicycle and good public transportation are all you need here.  (of course in the US it's a different story because everything is much further apart)

If I had a car, I could save nearly an hour every day on my commute. 

Then again I'd have to work an extra 40 hours each month to afford it, would need to look for parking spots, have to endure traffic jams, etc etc. 

Shopping isn't an issue either, I can fit my monthly groceries in my bike trailer just fine.