PC upgrade. ¿Will a pc with these specs be able to run games properly?

Go to solution Solved by Rheinwasser,

Ohh okay, thank you so much, so you recommend me to upgrade de CPU and the GPU, and don't touch the motherboard? And with the g3258 + GTx 750 Ti he would be able to play games with a decent fps right?

dont do that.

get a new gpu and then when you have enough money upgrade cpu and mainboard.

Hello, I want to upgrade my little brother pc to a decent one with a 200-300€ budget, and Im planning to upgrade it like this:

His current specs are:                                                  Upgrade:

Motherboard: MS-7658---------------------------------------------------->  Asus Z97-C

CPU:  Intel core i3 CPU     550 @ 3.20GHz (4CPU’s)

Memory:    4gb RAM

Video Card:   GeForce 310------------------------------------------------> GTx 750Ti

Power Supply:  500w

Is it worth? or do you have another suggestions?

Thank you!!

Hello, I want to upgrade my little brother pc to a decent one with a 200-300€ budget, and Im planning to upgrade it like this:

His current specs are:                                                  Upgrade:

Motherboard: MS-7658---------------------------------------------------->  Asus Z97-C

CPU:  Intel core i3 CPU     550 @ 3.20GHz (4CPU’s)

Memory:    4gb RAM

Video Card:   GeForce 310------------------------------------------------> GTx 750Ti

Power Supply:  500w

Is it worth? or do you have another suggestions?

Thank you!!

and what are your plans for his cpu...?

I would recommend getting a g3258 for the cpu. Since you would have to upgrade it with that motherboard and g3258 is a nice cheap option.

youi also have to upgrade your cpu.

but yes, will be fine.

and what are your plans for his cpu...?

I have no money to improve everything, so I pretended to leave the i3 until I can buy an i5.

I have no money to improve everything, so I pretended to leave the i3 until I can buy an i5.

forget the motherboard, upgrade the GPU to something better the i3 will cope with a much better GPU

upgrade the board later when buying a new CPU

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

The point is that the i3 550 won't even work with that motherboard.

1156 socket. Z97-C is 1150.

I would recommend getting a g3258 for the cpu. Since you would have to upgrade it with that motherboard and g3258 is a nice cheap option.

The i3 won't work with that motherboard? and the MS-7658 motherboard will hold the new graphics card?

The i3 won't work with that motherboard? and the MS-7658 motherboard will hold the new graphics card?

No the i3 wont work with that motherboard since both are different sockets.Yes that motherboard will hold the new graphics card since it has a pcie 16x lane. 

No the i3 wont work with that motherboard since both are different sockets.Yes that motherboard will hold the new graphics card since it has a pcie 16x lane

Ohh okay, thank you so much, so you recommend me to upgrade de CPU and the GPU, and don't touch the motherboard? And with the g3258 + GTx 750 Ti he would be able to play games with a decent fps right?

dont do that.

Invest all you have into a decent gpu. The i3 won't bottleneck much so you can go balls to the wall with your gpu. What is your budget right now?

Im so patriotic, I piss red white and blue. My doctor told me it was pancreatic cancer, I told him to SHUT HIS COMMIE MOUTH.

-A shotgun wielding redneck

dont do that.

okey, thats what i will do, thankss!!

Invest all you have into a decent gpu. The i3 won't bottleneck much so you can go balls to the wall with your gpu. What is your budget right now?

200 - 250 € 

That cant be done Since the g3258 i said is a totally different socket than your current board.

200 - 250 €

Buy the best amd card you can find

Im so patriotic, I piss red white and blue. My doctor told me it was pancreatic cancer, I told him to SHUT HIS COMMIE MOUTH.

-A shotgun wielding redneck

g3258 is a LGA 1150 cpu, won't work with that mobo