Why can't we ever have a giveaway for existing forum members

Aniallation

Why can't we ever have a giveaway that's announced exclusively on the forum? The recent one was PM'd to many members but that was pretty much pointless as it was still blared out onto YouTube and social media where now, as usual, we have a shitload of people signing up just to post once to enter the giveaway.

95% of people in the giveaway thread don't even have 10 posts. Like come on, how does this make it fair for the rest of us... and there's almost 4000 active "users" of the forum as of this post. Even look at those threads that the deaf and/or illiterate people are posting. How many of those can you point out to me were made by members with 10 or more posts? Mods shouldn't be complaining about wasting server space with shitpost when the giveaway is literally asking for shitpost.

Do you guys think that we should have a giveaway that's NOT massively widespread for once?

"Rawr XD"

Why can't we ever have a giveaway that's announced exclusively on the forum? The recent one was PM'd to many members but that was pretty much pointless as it was still blared out onto YouTube and social media where now, as usual, we have a shitload of people signing up just to post once to enter the giveaway.

95% of people in the giveaway thread don't even have 10 posts. Like come on, how does this make it fair for the rest of us... and there's almost 4000 active "users" of the forum as of this post.

Do you guys think that we should have a giveaway that's NOT massively widespread for once?

The forum has been over this one million times. It wont be happening. Everytime there's a giveaway someone brings this up. Just get over it. 

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

What makes you think that you being active on the forum isn't taken into consideration during a giveaway? ;)

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

That would be awesome. As a person who spends a significant amount of the day on this forum, I feel as though my chances should be greater than those of a person who has no intention of contributing to the community.

I'm that guy with the GPD Win.

Because they make money off YouTube, all the views they get just from a giveaway video could possibly pay for part of the prize.

I both agree and disagree. Youtube viewers are also viewers... But maybe just one giveaway for us forum people would be nice.

Not asking for every giveaway to be like this or even a big one. A small forum-exclusive giveaway would still be great

There is a big yt community and it would be unfair to them.

The way it is there's a small forum community and it's unfair to us. Again NOT asking for every single future giveaway to be forum-exclusive. 

"Rawr XD"

I wish it was you had to be signed up as of yesterday at 11:59 pm. there are gunna be alot of people that signed up this morning and wont ever use the forum after the giveaway

3 tips to have a good time on the LTT forums | 1. When you reply to someone please quote them | 2. Please follow your threads | 3. Follow the C.o.C 

If you follow these 3 tips you should have a blast.

i'm rather proud of this for some reason. http://imgur.com/6ttS5XZ

There is a big yt community and it would be unfair to them.

Thats coming from a person who has only been a member since yesterday. If you were to spend more time on the forum you might understand where we're coming from.

I'm that guy with the GPD Win.

Moreover, how can you have 12,000 posts if I've never seen you? :o @Aniallation

OT: I have mixed feelings about giveaways. People watch the videos, might have been subscribed for a long time and now want to participate in the giveaway. That they can't listen/follow up simple instructions and post their own threads everywhere except in the actual giveaway thread is another story, and I can't get my head around that....

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

If you don't have a secret altar to Slick in your bedroom you shouldn't be allowed to participate.

I don't really care... I just wish people would follow the instructions. The giveaway or not, I'd still be active here.

Not all lurkers are lying, hell I was a lurker before I joined, albeit I didn't join during a giveaway influx.

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

The point of bloody giveaways is to drive to new viewers to the content. While it may also be a way of rewarding the crowd it's mostly to drive new drive new viewers to the content. 

My Pc: Cpu: I7 4790k @ 4,8 Ghz @1,25 volts, Motherboard: Maximus VII Formula, Graphicscard: 2x Titan X @1,4 at stock voltage (soon to be replaced), Ram: 32 gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 Cl 9, SSD: 2x 850 Pro 1 Tb in Raid 0, 2x Samsung 840 Evo 1 tb raid 1,, PSU: Corsair HXi Series 1000W 80+ Platinum, Case: H440. Soon to be watercooled again, maybe, probably, the Titans are too loud. 

Anyway, i won't be participating anyway, too much trouble and links and links and links and links and singing up for shit. meh.

Not asking for every giveaway to be like this or even a big one. A small forum-exclusive giveaway would still be great

The way it is there's a small forum community and it's unfair to us. Again NOT asking for every single future giveaway to be forum-exclusive. 

there has been one

for the oil cooling thingy

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

I think having a forum exclusive giveaway would be awesome. Or even just a better chance if you are active on the forums. Like if you have 300posts under your belt, you should get an extra entry.

Is it bad that my dream setup only costs a few thousand not counting the obutto?

CPU: FX-8320

Motherboard: asrock 970Pro3 r2.0

Memory: Team Zeus Blue 8GB DDR3-1600 Memory 

Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 280 3GB DUAL-X Video Card 

Case: Deepcool TESSERACT BF ATX Mid Tower Case  

Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply  

SSD: MX100 128GB

HDD: WD 2TB black edition

I wish it was you had to be signed up as of yesterday at 11:59 pm. there are gunna be alot of people that signed up this morning and wont ever use the forum after the giveaway

Agreed. And then there's mods who complain that "shitposting" in the off-topic section is a waste of server space and bandwidth.....

"Rawr XD"

Agreed. And then there's mods who complain that "shitposting" in the off-topic section is a waste of server space and bandwidth.....

all the neighbors in their neighborhood are probably wondering why the internet is so slow in all of BC 

Well you can blame the newbies of the LTT forum 

3 tips to have a good time on the LTT forums | 1. When you reply to someone please quote them | 2. Please follow your threads | 3. Follow the C.o.C 

If you follow these 3 tips you should have a blast.

i'm rather proud of this for some reason. http://imgur.com/6ttS5XZ

Thats coming from a person who has only been a member since yesterday. If you were to spend more time on the forum you might understand where we're coming from.

I can totally understand since i have been a long time member on other hardware forum's.I think you should as linus to do a exclusive giveaway and not complain about it making a thread . @LinusTech

I agree with this. There are so many people on this forum who have contributed to the community and LMG, and those people deserve it far more than someone who only created an account for free shit.

Hmmm.. I kinda agree.. 

I think the giveaway is being swarmed by people who created accounts for free stuff..

I have a feeling that a lot of them just searched on YouTube "Giveaways".

Personally, I admit to doing the same once. (I really wanted to win a phone :) )

But (using me as an example) some people have been lurkers for a long time. In my case, I created my account nearly a year ago and did not post a lot on it.

Well.. All we can do is hope :D

One thing, I personally liked the way TechOfTomorrow hosted their giveaway,

you had to buy their music pack to get an entry, and they limited the total entries to 800 or so.

EDIT: Over a year ago :D

Because you're here, you're hooked, you don't need to be encouraged to watch the videos and contribute to LTT and the forums. Free stuff is given to make the channel grow that's why it's always tied to those statistics "Like" the video, "comment" on it, "Subscribe". This are things that help Linus get his channel up in the rotation: the more interaction a video has the more youtube promotes it and in turn generates more and more views and more and more revenue.

If Linus stats showed that he was dropping a veeeery large amount of regular viewers and supporters rapidly he will surely focus his attention on the veterans so to speak, so ironically the only way for you to get a ridiculously tiny chance to win something is to leave and miss out on it anyways.

-------

Current Rig

-------

And what makes the youtube community less important? They may not be as active here on the forums as you are but that doesn't mean they are any less of a LMG fan/viewer/member. This is a promotion more than a giveaway. They are trying to hook new people.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |