Phantom 820, 4770k, Duel 780's Fully Watercooled

SimonM95

....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

..........Thanks  :)

can't read :L more dashes needed

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Update #6 - Build Started

Today I started to put everything in the case. Need to wait for some parts untill I can do more though.

08140826_zpsc0e3d8b5.jpg

08140827_zps1916ae29.jpg

08140828_zpse04bea37.jpg

08140829_zps9a44c5e7.jpg

(Build Log) CPU: i7 4770k @ 4.5GHz RAM: 16GB 1866MHz Corsair Vengence Pro Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Formula GPU: Nvidia GTX 780 x2 

Case: NZXT Phantom 820 Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB, 2x 2TB Hard Drive in Raid 0 PSU: Corsair AX860i

Monitors: Asus PB278Q & Samsung FX2490HD Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G700

Wow, this is going to look better than I thought it was.

Main Rig:  FX-8320 || EVGA 650 Ti BOOST || AsRock 970 Extreme3 || Corsair 800D || 8 Gb Crucial Ballistix || Antec HCG 520M || Noctua NH-D14
LAN Party Rig: FX-4100 || EVGA 550 Ti || ASUS M5A78L-M LX PLUS || Cooler Master 430 Elite || 4 Gb Corsair Vengeance || Antec HCG 400 || Cooler Master Gemin 2 
Staples EasyTech Associate since September, 2013

Very nice, would love to get an AM3+ motherboard with a shield that is red and black.

Asus M5A99X Evo  - AMD FX-8350 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz - Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Fans BenQ XL2411Z- EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked Fractal Design Define R4 - Corsair H100i - 2 TB 7200rpm HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 120GB - Corsair RM750w PSU - Logitech G502 Proteus Core - Corsair K70 RGB MX Red - Audio Technica M50x + Modmic 4.0 - LG 23EA63V x2

Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat

That build is goin to be SICK!!! Looking foward for more!  :)

Intel Core i5-4670k| Phanteks PH-TC14CS_BK| Asus Maximus VI Impact| Kingston HyperX Fury Black (1x8GB)| Samsung 840 EVO 250GB| Seagate Momentus Thin 500GB| GeForce GTX 970 4GB (Coming Soon)| EVGA Hadron Air

Update #7 - GPU Waterblocks

Got the GPU Waterblocks in and did a few other things.

08150835_zpseeec54c5.jpg

The 90 degree fittings came so I did a little bit of tubing :P

08160863_zps78dda258.jpg

Ive got GPU Backplates on order and they should be here next week. Also waiting for some more fittings. Once I have all that I should be able to finish. Unless I havent noticed that ive forgotten something else :P

(Build Log) CPU: i7 4770k @ 4.5GHz RAM: 16GB 1866MHz Corsair Vengence Pro Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Formula GPU: Nvidia GTX 780 x2 

Case: NZXT Phantom 820 Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB, 2x 2TB Hard Drive in Raid 0 PSU: Corsair AX860i

Monitors: Asus PB278Q & Samsung FX2490HD Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G700

Dem rads!

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn’t always roll that way." - TS

Update #8 - GPU Backplates and some Tubing

So I got the Backplates for the GPU's today and I also decided to do all the tubing I can. Hopefully the last of the fittings will be here soon.

08190868_zpsb110de1b.jpg

08190869_zps80474e6d.jpg

Awesome, I love the clean cable management and tube runs :D.

Love it!! Nothing (IMO) beats the Phantom line up ^_^

CPU: i7 4770k  Motherboard: MSI Z87-G43 SSD: ADATA 250GB PNY 120gb HDD:2xSeagate 2TB (One is an external HDD) GPU: RTX 2070 Super RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengeance 1600 PSU:Corsair CX-M600w Case: NZXT Phantom 410

So good to see a build in a Phantom rather than a Corsair 900D, it gets kinda old.

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

So good to see a build in a Phantom rather than a Corsair 900D, it gets kinda old.

I hear ya. Variety makes things much more interesting. Take the build logs on

overclock.net, for example. There are a shitload of Caselabs build logs on there

these days (sometimes I think OCN is an official CL forum :D ). Now sure, Caselabs

are awesome (I have one, and am very happy with it), but even that can get a bit

monotone after a while, no matter how awesome the sleeving, cable routing, water

cooling or any other part of the build gets. And the ones which are not CL are

900Ds (a bit of an exaggeration, I will admit ;)).

Not to discredit some of the awesome builds on there, of which there are many,

but I hope my point is clear.

ONTOPIC: Nice cable and tubing runs, really looking forward to the rest.

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

I hear ya. Variety makes things much more interesting. Take the build logs on

overclock.net, for example. There are a shitload of Caselabs build logs on there

these days (sometimes I think OCN is an official CL forum :D ). Now sure, Caselabs

are awesome (I have one, and am very happy with it), but even that can get a bit

monotone after a while, no matter how awesome the sleeving, cable routing, water

cooling or any other part of the build gets. And the ones which are not CL are

900Ds (a bit of an exaggeration, I will admit ;)).

Not to discredit some of the awesome builds on there, of which there are many,

but I hope my point is clear.

I get what you mean, I really love cases Fractal R4 and 900D (never really liked NZXT cases though) as well as black cases in general but they are really becoming less and less desirable the more I see them on every thread I click on. The problem there is they are very good cases so it makes it hard to choose (unless you have some really interesting and original idea to mod it) :(.

The problem there is they are very good cases so it makes it hard to choose (unless you have some really interesting and original idea to mod it) :(.

Definitely. It takes a lot of hard work to make a build stand out in a good

way which uses a popular case (or popular components in general). And valid

point regarding the color. Black is just simply my personal favourite, but

it's so damn bloody common! Sometimes I wish more people had horrible taste

so that it would be easier to make something which distinguishes itself positively

(from my POV of course, they'd all hate it since they'd have bad taste :D ).

Then again, that would mean good cases would be rarer since manufacturers

would need to cater to horrible tastes. Ah well, can't have everything I

suppose...

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

Take the build logs on

these days (sometimes I think OCN is an official CL forum :D ).

That's mostly because CaseLabs have their own forum on Overclock.net.

On-topic : Great looking build :)

That's mostly because CaseLabs have their own forum on Overclock.net.

Yeah, that probably has a lot to do with it. Also, OCN likely skews quite a bit

older than, for example, LTT, so there are proportionally more people who are

working and have regular salaries (as opposed to students, for example). If you

have a more or less decently paying job and can set aside a bit of money a CL

isn't really such an enormous investment anymore (and why wouldn't you get a CL if

you can afford it, they are more or less unmatched at the moment if you're not too

limited by budget).

Disclaimer: I'm well aware that "decently paying job" can mean very different things

to different people, but I hope for the purposes of this post my point is clear.

Update #9 - Leak Testing. Almost Done!

IMAG00051_zpsc017360e.jpg

Ive finished all the tubing and filled it all up. Think ive got most of the air out. Sorry about the picture quality was to lazy so used my phone :) Once its all up and running ill post loads of pictures!

I realyl like the clean straight tubing, looking forward to see those pictures :D.

Update #3 - New Monitor

So this arrived today :D More pictures to come.

07230800_zpsbe6da223.jpg

Bit messy just now but just wanted to see what it looks like. So happy haha :D

07230802_zpsb87e95d6.jpg

UPDATE

I took everything off my desk so that I could fit everything properly. Quite happy with how its turned out! Thinking about getting a monitor mount for my samsung so that I can put it in portrait. Takes up most of my desk like this.

07230804_zps947251a2.jpg

what mouse are you using ?

CPU: 2x Xeon E5 2670 Motherboard: ASRock EP2C602-4L/D16,  RAM: 64GB of 1333 MHz mermory from Samsung (ECC),  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1070,  Case: NZXT Switch 810, Storage: Samsug EVO 250GB and 500GB, 3x3 TB and 1x1TB  HDD  PSU: Corsair RM 850,  Mouse: Logitech MX Master 2s,  Headset: Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO black edition (80 ohm), OS: UnRaid with two VMs and Plex 

Simple and ellegant

Dont nzxt include extra thumb screw ?

Maybe you can fill the hole on the side of the bay

They do but im not sure what you mean.

Update #3 - New Monitor

So this arrived today :D More pictures to come.

07230800_zpsbe6da223.jpg

Bit messy just now but just wanted to see what it looks like. So happy haha :D

07230802_zpsb87e95d6.jpg

UPDATE

I took everything off my desk so that I could fit everything properly. Quite happy with how its turned out! Thinking about getting a monitor mount for my samsung so that I can put it in portrait. Takes up most of my desk like this.

07230804_zps947251a2.jpg

what mouse are you using ?

Logitech G700

They do but im not sure what you mean.

Logitech G700

Do you like the mouse? I'm looking into it.

Main Rig:  FX-8320 || EVGA 650 Ti BOOST || AsRock 970 Extreme3 || Corsair 800D || 8 Gb Crucial Ballistix || Antec HCG 520M || Noctua NH-D14
LAN Party Rig: FX-4100 || EVGA 550 Ti || ASUS M5A78L-M LX PLUS || Cooler Master 430 Elite || 4 Gb Corsair Vengeance || Antec HCG 400 || Cooler Master Gemin 2 
Staples EasyTech Associate since September, 2013

Do you like the mouse? I'm looking into it.

Ye I love it although im not really the person to ask about how good a mouse is