New Platform Launch Feedback & FAQ

Unfortunately Vessel will not work for me.  I work more than full time AND commute via train for 3 hours/day.  Entertainment time spent at a PC is very limited and I spend it gaming, rather than watching videos.

Since Vessel does not pre-cahce, I can not watch it on the train, due to brief, but frequent connection interruptions.  I also have a data limit on an expensive mobile connection.  Being able to turn videos down to 240p or 140p on YouTube means I can stream many of them with little impact.  Vessel does not offer such low quality options.

I am gone from the house almost all day every day, so I will fall back to my Android phone to watch videos on occasion.  Here again Vessel is a downgrade.

I also watch the videos on my Smart TV, but that model of plasma is discontinued, so I highly doubt it will ever see a Vessel app.

Unfortunately it looks like the only "service" Vessel offers is timely access to the videos that you are creating.  In all other ways, the platform is a downgrade.  It is only LMG that is creating the value.  I would have preferred a Patreon or something else.  Unfortunately Vessel will not work for me.

lol Idk if the new guys are just trolls or not reading at all

Btw If vessel has this kind of service after a year.... then I won't give a penny to them... Because youtube is free but it literally has more features.

Case: NZXT H440     CPU: Intel core i7-4790k    RAM: 2x G.Skill ripjaws 4gb 1600mhz   GPU: Soon   CPU Cooler: Stock (will buy a decent one soon)     PSU: CM V650 80+ gold PSU.

Signed up, couldn't find you guys in the list of "geek", no search feature, image quality looks terrible, website layout is bad. having comments under the list of recommended videos make it feel detached from the video they are for. If you guys really needed the money you could've just asked, and opened a patreon.

Anyone else getting an error from the giveaway link?

Will the quality in videos on Vessel improve? 

I thinks is worse than on youtube :S

Like I have seen from others, my only complaint with Vessel so far is the video quality. We already use highly compressed videos everywhere, but vessel's HD "on" toggle brings it up to what, a 2400kbps video? That is less than high quality twitch streams. Bandwidth isn't THAT expensive, and a simple bump up to 3500kbps and offering 720p, 1080p, 1440p, 4k, would be a welcome addition to the platform.

I'm all for supporting LMG through different avenues, and I think vessel is a great way to do so after some changes on their end!

I like the new look and layout ! Carried by an User-friendly interface /no ads ...IMHO.

Vessel Username: jshel65

Favorite videos: 1) https://www.vessel.com/videos/G-DUjgUyY

2) https://www.vessel.com/videos/DkWN4qqW1

I am excited to find out that YouTube has competition and glad to follow linustechtips on Vessel. Competition can only be helpful and should drive towards a better experience for us the users. Thanks for everything you guys do, you have been a huge help to me in making educated decisions for buying and working with electronics!

The referral link to the 72-hour giveaway thread isn't working, nor can I find the thread, has it been temporarily taken down? 

EDIT: I found it in another section

EDIT 2: Thread was deleted, where do we post!?

EDIT 3: All good, all working, figured it all out, entry done, lost my brain for a minute.

What happened to the giveaway-link? I can´t open it, it says error :( I´m in Germany....

I don't feel like moving to vessel is a good idea, the reason YouTube is so popular is because its FREE (minus the payment of internet service). Right now there isn't enough content on Vessel to be worth the $2.99 USD. YouTube is easy to use and, going to something like Vessel where you have to pay to use it, it will really discourage people from paying the money and learning to use it.  

I watched all new videos there and probably will continue as they are newest there. Also found battlefield friends there. But quality is bad and user interface is weird and was difficult to navigate especially because I was not able to scroll with mouse wheel only with middle mouse button universal scroll. I hope that if Linus stays there and This big community migrates there at least partially Vessel will get enough money to improve the platform as for now even Twitch.tv VOD system is better in my opinion. I don not need popular or featured I want latest.

Linus has been always talking how they have tried to get better and improve quality then this move at the moment was not a good one for quality maybe only money wise.

Also Linus has a create community and Vessel wanted us and that might have given Linus better terms in this moment when Vessel is not that popular.

I hope that video and website quality there will improve and next year I might be thinking of paying but definitely not right now.

The video quality on Vessel is really really bad, it doesn't even look like 1080p, so watching on a 4K monitor is unbearable. I really hope this gets fixed fast, this is a major technological step down.

Example: sVkBwxw.png

Hello there,

I always watch our vids plus, i have a vessel account using the free 1 year subs.

My username: xXGamesmasheRXx

Videos watched: LG Curved Monitor 34um67 & Gigabyte P34W ;) , I COMMENTED ON THESE TOO!

I hope win anything from this :( , 1% Chance!!

Now, how is the money you receive on vessel based? Will it be worth it for you if 80% of your viewers aren't paying for an entire year?  Would it be helpful if I watched your youtube videos in addition? LMG need to eat to!