What is your favourite Laptop brand-maker-company?

bosnian_guy

Hey guys,

Just wanted to ask you guys what is your favorite laptop brand? I personally think that HP and Asus are the best. Linus recently started to like his Acer Aspire S7. Don't get me wrong I like the laptop but it's just the thing that Acer makes it. It just bugs me. Anyways what are your favorites? Don't mind sharing it in the thread. :)

I Dont like laptops but Asus.

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

I quite like Samsung laptops, they just suck performance wise

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

Asus and i like design of HP's (although they are quite problematic as i heard)

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Design : Thinkpads, I love that kind of industrial design, it just looks like a work tool, I love that.

Ergonomy : Unibody Macbook Pro's, best trackpad ever, scissors-switch keyboard, and dat rigidity. pretty durable too. After 3 years of intensive use, and almost no cleanup, I still get a solid 6hrs battery life, and CPU idle temps at 35°C with mine.

Performance : I dunno, I've never had the need for a powerful laptop. Everything intensive is handled by my trusty desktop. But I'd say the legendary Thinkpad W701ds, at the time it was realeased

I have found acer to be a good entry level laptop, does the job very well but you have to look after them. Asus is good but I have only owned the eepc and love it, I am going to change the hdd to ssd soon because with the atom processor and hdd it sooooooo slooooooow...

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Definitely Dell, not the Inspirons though, but the Precision and Latitudes.

post-621-0-63434100-1373193394_thumb.jpg

Equip this one with the Quadro K5000 and it performs as good as a 7970M. These things last for decades and the support is amazing.

Edited by Overl0rd

There's a time and place for everything! But not now. - Professor Oak

i7 2600K 4.3GHz  -  GTX 1060 3GB  - ASUS P8Z68-V - 16GB DDR3-1600 CL9 - EIZO 1080p 120Hz VA

Intel Skulltrail: 2x Core 2 Quad QX9775 - Intel D5400XS - 16GB FB DDR2-800 CL5 Quad Channel

EVGA SR-2 Classified - 2x Xeon X5675 4.2GHz - 24GB DDR3-1830 C10 Triple Channel

Intel Skulltrail #2: 2x Xeon E5472  - Intel D5400XS - 16GB FB DDR2-667 CL5 Quad Channel

Definitely Dell, not the Inspirons though, but the Precision and Latitudes.

I just got a new Dell Latitude E6430 from work. It has a magnesium and aluminium chassis and is build like a tank.

But it is really big and clunky. Some engineers also have Precision M6700s, also build like a tank, but also clunky.

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

Apple and Asus ( Maybe acer but only their S series )

Interested in Business and Technology

I think Asus is one of the best brands for consumer laptops. Lenovo has some nice ultrabooks and Acer seems to be doing better lately (but I still wouldn't touch it with a 10 ft pole)

I really dislike MSI, HP, Dell and all the plasticky rickety other brands for consumer stuff

The workstation line of HP, Dell and Lenovo however are top tier and incomparable with their consumer line, I use a HP Elitebook 8570W myself

Apple.

Yes. I just said that.

PC Specs:  2x GTX 550 ti in SLI - Intel i7 2600k @ 3.4Ghz - Thermaltake Overseer Case - 8 GB Corsair Vengeance Ram - 1TB Harddrive - 500 Watt PSU that came with my old prebuilt pc lawl -  ASUS P8P67 EVO

Peripherals:  Razer Deathadder Black Edition - Razer Arctosa Keyboard - Logitech G53 Headset

Cool song of the day: Chief Keef - Round da Rosey    Changed my profile pic again...                                        Mountain Dew is good. So are video games and music. Oh and unicorns.

I think HP used to make excellent quality laptops many years ago, I tried one myself, I couldn't break it :) , Toshiba seems to be the most expensive with good quality, Asus is said to have good quality with better prices than Toshiba.

According to Laptop insurance companies Toshiba and Asus are the least laptops prone to malfunctions in first 3 years.

Dell is good. i once dropped a dell laptop. it had a dent but no damage internally (at least that's what i think). it didn't even shut down when it fell.

| i5 3570 | Palit GTX 680 jetsream | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h | Corsair Vengeance 2x4 1600mhz | WD Caviar Black  1TB | Corsair TX 650m | Coolemaster Hyper212 X | NZXT Pantom 410 | Asus VS239 | Logitech G400s |

Click here to learn how to troll

Asus and Toshiba

Asus M5A99X Evo  - AMD FX-8350 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz - Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Fans BenQ XL2411Z- EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked Fractal Design Define R4 - Corsair H100i - 2 TB 7200rpm HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 120GB - Corsair RM750w PSU - Logitech G502 Proteus Core - Corsair K70 RGB MX Red - Audio Technica M50x + Modmic 4.0 - LG 23EA63V x2

Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat

its very hard to say because you have levels

Business grade levels like the latitude from Dell are great
and the EliteBook from HP are just mind blowingly amazing ( u can drive a car over it )
both of these last for a very long time without issues

BUT they are really expensive

so my vote has to go to Lenovo thinkpads
Cool - quite - relatively cheap - and lasts forever (not kidding)
best purchase ever

if i had a lot of money id buy an elite book for sure :)

Logan in 2011 :)

linus reviewing it

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Well, I've only had one laptop, and it's a Toshiba. It hasn't given me any major problems...so they're definitely one of my favourites.

Plus, I've heard good things about Asus; never used one though.

EDIT: and Lenovo as well.

Lenovo Thinkpads. I wish that they had IPS screens though. :(

"No signature"