korean monitor or asus monitor

Air tree
Go to solution Solved by TheProfosist,

Is the OP even still in this discussion? Did we ever answer his or her question?

what's wrong with that?

nothing just that ive had enough of it from a friend recently

KOREAAAAAA!!! (BEST GAMERZ ARE FTOM KOREAA...i wonder why??)

He is the hero this forum deserves but not the one it needs right now.So we'll hunt him because he can take it because he is not our hero he is a silent guardian 

a watchful protector A Dark Knight

You could pay more for a Dell U2713HM which is suppose to be a grade A panel but they have more issues then the Cheap Korean monitors..Cross hatching monitor buzzing and frame retention on grey screens and yellow BLB are just a few..Also they have a 22ms input lag which is worse then the PB278Qs 17ms..All of which are over 10ms higher then the 7ms the Qnix single input models have. :)

You could pay more for a Dell U2713HM which is suppose to be a grade A panel but they have more issues then the Cheap Korean monitors..Cross hatching monitor buzzing and frame retention on grey screens and yellow BLB are just a few..Also they have a 22ms input lag which is worse then the PB278Qs 17ms..All of which are over 10ms higher then the 7ms the Qnix single input models have. :)

You have to realize that these 27in 1440p or 30in 1600p monitors were never ever designed with gaming in mind and that the panels that go in them were designed for the monitors. Also is the Qnix a PLS panel of a IPS panel? The reason I ask is most of the cheap 1440p monitors in the past were LG IPS based.

You have to realize that these 27in 1440p or 30in 1600p monitors were never ever designed with gaming in mind and that the panels that go in them were designed for the monitors. Also is the Qnix a PLS panel of a IPS panel? The reason I ask is most of the cheap 1440p monitors in the past were LG IPS based.

Uses a PLS panel, i got my Qnix perfect pixel one today so no dead pixels and not too bad backlight bleed

Uses a PLS panel, i got my Qnix perfect pixel one today so no dead pixels and not too bad backlight bleed

I love my Qnix.. Have you OCed yours yet?

The Qnix and Xstar are both Samsung PLS panels..

I love my Qnix.. Have you OCed yours yet?

Yeah i OCed it to 96hz and used a calibrated profile :)

Get the Korean one instead. Green-sum is a great seller! Got my monitor in like 4 days which is just crazy considering how far it ships!

The great things about Korean A- monitors!

- no factory calibration

- no decent built quality

- no decent anti-glare coating

- no narrow matte bezel

- no colour/contrast/etc. adjustment

- no multiple inputs

- no USB hub

- no real warranty

- limited adjustable stand (rotation, too)

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

The great things about a Dell 2713HM

1.Crosshatching which is due to horrible antiglare coating

2.Monitor buzzing

3.Yellow BLB in corner

4.Dead pixels

5.Sometimes gives you a single link DVI

6.22ms input lag

7.Can't OC

8.Price lmao

2.Monitor buzzing

3.Yellow BLB in corner

4.Dead pixels

6.22ms input lag

7.Can't OC

8.Price lmao

You are naming every possible thing that might go wrong, dead pixels, backlight bleed etc., which are covered by warranty.  And Dell pays for return shipping.  And they do advance RMAs so you keep your monitor until the new one arrives.  All of these things are also possible on Korean monitors too, the difference is if your Korean monitor has these problems you are screwed.  Lyons only mentioned monitor features, things which are guaranteed, while you are mentioning possible defects.  The AG coating is more of a semi-gloss really, it is not nearly as aggressive as coatings on previous Dell monitors.  22ms input lag isn't the end of the world.  That's ~1.0-1.5 frames.

^ agree on the AG coating. I have U2713HM and the coating is not bad and it doesn't have a grainy effect like heavier coatings due. Also 1-5 on your list onegun isn't a problem with my monitor.  :P

Go read through these forums and you will hear 75% of there members have had issues with these 2713HMs..

http://www.overclock.net/t/1380527/official-dell-u2713hm-2560x1440-semi-glossy-ips-club/870

Also our very own forum members have 3 bad monitors out of 3 so far..

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/30730-u2713hm-madness/

All i am saying is there are well documented issues with these 2713hm monitors..And i have a Korean and i KNOW there are well documented issues with these also..But if you pay $600 and you receive 3 bad monitors in a row then there is something wrong with QC..And that should be addressed...Go read through those pages if you guys don't believe me...

When you buy a Korean monitor you expect some flaws..But when you buy a dell you expect a quality monitor..But when you get more issues with a 2713hm then with a Korean Cheapo monitor there is a problem..And for dell to admit these issues and still send out a replacement with same issues then who cares how good warranty is when no matter what they will send is a defective monitor 4 times in a row..

And if you are in the US these guys back up monitor with a guarantee and will pay for return shipping..I know 11 guys know who have bought from them and they are very happy..

http://www.ipsledmonitors.com/Default.asp

It's noticable from about 10cm away from the screen.

2.Monitor buzzing

What? Nope.

3.Yellow BLB in corner

Not me or the three others me and my friends have between us

4.Dead pixels

LOL. Zero dead pixel warranty for three years with free express shipping replacement

Not me, source?

6.22ms input lag

Cool, next to my friends 2ms BenQ you can't tell the difference. I play FPS games on mine daily.

7.Can't OC

So I can't destroy my monitor? Ok :)

8.Price lmao

30% off sale happens every month, $550

I don't think you've ever seen or used a U2713HM in person. The extra $150 for everything I listed before (warranty, 4xUSB3.0 hub, super adjustable stand, factory calibration etc.) is absolutely worth it. I will never buy cheap Korean crap.

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

To add:

Lyons, on 12 Jul 2013 - 05:52 AM, said:

It's noticable from about 10cm away from the screen.

And at an angle. If you are facing it in front of you, you don't see it. If you have it on a dual screen setup, and you tilt your head closer at an even greater angle the normal angle of a dual screen monitor setup, you see it.

2.Monitor buzzing

What? Nope.

No, I never heard this. I read about the issue on ASUS monitors, and cheap Korean ones, never from Dell... old and latest monitors. That is one issue that Dell never have received.

4.Dead pixels

LOL. Zero dead pixel warranty for three years with free express shipping replacement

Actually it's 0 bright pixel and stuck warranty. For dead pixel its 6 or more. But it has no zones or distance crap policy, So if you have 6 dead pixel on all 4 corner edge of the screen, you wont' be turned off, as it's not all located at the center (which you have more chances at winning the loto for that to happen on a LCD screen), like those cheap Korean monitor policy.

Not me, source?

Yes, source please. I am sure the issue is that the user has a single link DVI graphic card, and blames it on the monitor.

6.22ms input lag

Cool, next to my friends 2ms BenQ you can't tell the difference. I play FPS games on mine daily.

Correct, 6.22ms input lag is actually very impressive. Most monitor are floating around 10-20ms, including so called gaming monitors (TN panels).

7.Can't OC

So I can't destroy my monitor? Ok :)

Exactly, let alone keep a sharp image with not ghosting from the OC.

8.Price lmao

30% off sale happens every month, $550

Exactly, plus, you can always pick up the phone and call Dell and negotiate a price. Easy, quick and simple.

I don't think you've ever seen or used a U2713HM in person. The extra $150 for everything I listed before (warranty, 4xUSB3.0 hub, super adjustable stand, factory calibration etc.) is absolutely worth it. I will never buy cheap Korean crap.

Correct.

Dell only issue (well, LG), is that they are releasing a bit too many monitors with back light bleeding, and dead pixels.

Also, people that have perfect monitors, don't go on the web saying how amazing their monitor is at every forum they know. Only people that got a faulty product do that. While I agree, that it might be best to wait a bit before buying a Dell monitor, to have some of these issues sorted out (aka: Dell screams at LG to fix it), you do get your money worth. The U2713HM is the first inexpensive 27inch monitor panel by LG, so reduction in QC might play a part in it. The other branded monitors beside ASUS one, which goes with Samsung panels, in the 27inch monitor space, are significantly more expensive.

wisdom

Thank you. I love my U2713HM and for $550 I'm VERY satisfied.

1.Crosshatching which is due to horrible antiglare coatingIt's noticable from about 10cm away from the screen.2.Monitor buzzingWhat? Nope.3.Yellow BLB in cornerNot me or the three others me and my friends have between us4.Dead pixelsLOL. Zero dead pixel warranty for three years with free express shipping replacement 5.Sometimes gives you a single link DVINot me, source?6.22ms input lagCool, next to my friends 2ms BenQ you can't tell the difference. I play FPS games on mine daily.7.Can't OCSo I can't destroy my monitor? Ok :)8.Price lmao30% off sale happens every month, $550

You've never seen a Korean monitor first hand so how can you judge? Mine looks amazing and the image quality is flawless! I have never seen a single name brand monitor that didn't have a dead pixel or some light bleeding somewhere on the screen. A dead pixel isn't that bad depending on where it is but light bleed is just horrible no matter where it is.

Well the 22ms input lag is not good considering the Qnix is 7ms when at 120hz..As are most single input Korean monitors..Also the viewsonic VP2770 is 8ms..

Also the 2713HM REV00 was well known to have monitor buzzing..Go read through forums as i posted proof to everything i stated..Here is a DELL rep stating the Issues..

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/peripherals/f/3529/p/19514156/20402754.aspx

Even the guy who replied let the guy know how common a problem it is lol..And even the Dell rep stated its a known issue..But yet i guess i am making all these issues up..When even DELL states these are known issues but they keep sending out defect monitors then it is a problem..

And i know people only complain about bad monitors but when a whole club of 2713hm owners complain that there monitors have horrible QC then thats something i kinda have to listen to..The main selling point is Dells warranty not quality..And that is wrong in my book...

I mean you can polish a turd if you want but its still a turd although a little shinier.. :)

I am the only one posting links to everything i have stated..Yet i have never seen a link of any PROOF about anything anyone else stats.. :D

That is something else. This kind of issue is due to electricity frequencies. The same kind of issue where people have high pitch whine with their PC (which magically disappear when they hange electric grid (move a friends house that is far far away from your home, or change (if you can) electric company assuming that the wire outside is not rented, and have their own (a actual switch of wire is needed when you switch provider). My desktop computer whine like no tomorrow at my father place. No issue at home. My Dell laptop PSU does a slight buzz sound when my laptop is sleeping at home, but no issue at my father place.<br /><br />Or, another explained, how the Corsair SP2500 outputs a static sound for some and not others.<br /><br />Manufactures don't have to fix this issue, as its no fault what-soever, which in this case, Dell decided to be nice and fix it for the affected regions (change of components specs so that most or all of the region won't hear any whine or buzzing issue).

But in your last post you stated this issue has never happened with DELL.. So which is it?Now that I show more proof you backtrack and make excuses?:)

No. The buzzing issue, is when it happens all the time, due to poor circuitry design. That buzzing sound goes with the back light intensity. Where 100% brightness will have no buzzing that can be heard, and lower the brightness the more buzzing you have. This issue occurs no mater where you are. ASUS, and Samsung are both guilty of this in numerous monitors in the recent couple of years.

The issue that you presented is something out of your PSU manufacture, graphic card, motherboard, and monitor manufacture control, meaning that releasing a fix, will not solve the problem for everyone. I bet you if you take that monitor (or your whining computer component) and change country it will be buzzing if it was not, or the reverse. This issue exited with CRTs and computers ages ago. Nothing new. You can find buzzing and whining issue on all electronics that is not on battery when it occurs.

You've never seen a Korean monitor first hand so how can you judge? Mine looks amazing and the image quality is flawless! I have never seen a single name brand monitor that didn't have a dead pixel or some light bleeding somewhere on the screen. A dead pixel isn't that bad depending on where it is but light bleed is just horrible no matter where it is.

Sorry, who says I've never seen one? Also 'I have never seen a single name brand monitor that didn't have a dead pixel or some light bleeding somewhere on the screen' is a flat out lie. I hope you realise the panels they put in these cheap Korean monitors are the same as the name brand ones, only they are rejected for one reason or another.

But in your last post you stated this issue has never happened with DELL.. So which is it?Now that I show more proof you backtrack and make excuses? :)

You won't find a monitor with any of these issues any more, so how is it an argument. I don't understand you. You are putting down a product that isn't even available to buy.

Sorry, who says I've never seen one? Also 'I have never seen a single name brand monitor that didn't have a dead pixel or some light bleeding somewhere on the screen' is a flat out lie. I hope you realise the panels they put in these cheap Korean monitors are the same as the name brand ones, only they are rejected for one reason or another.

You won't find a monitor with any of these issues any more, so how is it an argument. I don't understand you. You are putting down a product that isn't even available to buy.

I'm not saying there aren't perfect looking monitors out there, I'm saying I've never owned or seen one. I bought the perfectpixel one so it was handpicked out of all the monitors to be flawless. 

Wow, most of this thread is really all about who's penis is bigger. My question for everyone here is, if you have a nice monitor and are happy with it, why must you bitch to everyone who has a different one?

So everybody just chill out and stop putting your penises in each other's faces. Chances are, they are annoyed by it as much as you.

The Arctic Demon:  i7 4770k | Asus Sabertooth Z87 | Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F12s | (2) Gigabyte Windforce R9 290 Crossfire | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance RAM | Corsair AX 850 | Samsung 840 500 GB | Corsair Vengeance C70 Arctic White | NZXT Hue 

Peripherals: Logitech G600 gaming mouse | Cooler Master CM Storm Quickfire with Cherry MX Green Switches | QNIX QX2710 LED 2560x1440p PLS monitor | Logitech Rumblepad 2