korean monitor or asus monitor

Air tree
Go to solution Solved by TheProfosist,

Is the OP even still in this discussion? Did we ever answer his or her question?

So i just found a very cheap monitor and i'm not sure if this thing is really low quality or what because of the price point but i found this monitor http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-QNIX-QX2710-LED-Evolution-27-2560x1440-WQHD-PLS-Computer-Monitor-Matte-/121117252582

and was wondering if it is a good monitor and i should opt getting my asus vg248qe  for this one, they are both priced about the same but the korean monitor has some very nice specs for the price and that i why i'm worried about the quality.

only problem with those Korean monitors is, If you get a dead pixel, you have no warranty and cant return it. so its a gamble BUT if you get a good one, you saved a butt load of money.

Edited by joelthezombie15

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

only problem with those Korean monitors is, If you get a dead pixel, you have no warranty and cant return it. so its a gamble BUT if you get a good one, you saved a butt load of money.

it says this one has a 1 year warranty, plus you can get a 3 year extended squaretrade warranty, or maybe i'm slightly confused.

Edited by Air tree

it says this one has a 1 year warranty, plus you can get a 3 year extended squaretrade warranty, or maybe i'm slightly confused.

Idk, its always a gamble though. I mean, it isnt much money and you could probably resell it and make most of your money back but ya idk try it. a lot of people like them

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

monitor_DEAL_policy5.jpg

Are you in the US?

I have one of these monitors..

Edited by OneGun

Are you in the US?

I have one of these monitors..

yes i am in the US.

yes i am in the US.

Check out this site in CA a couple guys in the Qnix club i belong to bought from..They have a 30day return for any reason..So if you get a bad one just replace it..I have a QNIX i bought from ebay and i got the squaretrade..I was lucky as mine is perfect and OCs to 120hz with no issues..

Here is link to the CA company that sells the  Korean monitors..

http://www.ipsledmonitors.com/Default.asp

Here is a link to the Qnix owners club..You can scroll through there and see any issues we have had with our monitors..And ask questions to people who actually own the monitors..

http://www.overclock.net/t/1384767/official-the-korean-pls-monitor-club-qnix-x-star

Hope this helps bud.. :)

Check out this site in CA a couple guys in the Qnix club i belong to bought from..They have a 30day return for any reason..So if you get a bad one just replace it..I have a QNIX i bought from ebay and i got the squaretrade..I was lucky as mine is perfect and OCs to 120hz with no issues..

Here is link to the CA company that sells the  Korean monitors..

http://www.ipsledmonitors.com/Default.asp

Here is a link to the Qnix owners club..You can scroll through there and see any issues we have had with our monitors..And ask questions to people who actually own the monitors..

http://www.overclock.net/t/1384767/official-the-korean-pls-monitor-club-qnix-x-star

Hope this helps bud.

the 3 year warranty covers dead pixels also right?

the 3 year warranty covers dead pixels also right?

Thats what is says..But you should call and ask them bud..I only know there was a few guys who bought from them and they were happy..The 30day return is worth it to me..As most sellers on ebay will not give you a new monitor for dead pixels..And depending on sellers mood on ebay you might have to pay for return shipping..

But this place in CA says they will pay for return shipping..

Thats what is says..But you should call and ask them bud..I only know there was a few guys who bought from them and they were happy..The 30day return is worth it to me..As most sellers on ebay will not give you a new monitor for dead pixels..And depending on sellers mood on ebay you might have to pay for return shipping..

But this place in CA says they will pay for return shipping..

for a 379$ including warranty that's a great deal, i was thinking of just doing a 144hz asus because of how expensive 1440p monitors and ips monitors are more, even more so at 27" i'm quite glad i looked into these.

for a 379$ including warranty that's a great deal, i was thinking of just doing a 144hz asus because of how expensive 1440p monitors and ips monitors are more, even more so at 27" i'm quite glad i looked into these.

I love my monitor..So glad i took the risk..1080p looks horrible to me know and gaming on these is amazing at 120hz..

I love my monitor..So glad i took the risk..1080p looks horrible to me know and gaming on these is amazing at 120hz..

Thanks for all the help, i'm quite glad in a few months i will be gaming on a 1440p monitor with great colours, plus all that extra space on the screen will be a god send since at the moment i'm using a 720p laptop rofl..

Thanks for all the help, i'm quite glad in a few months i will be gaming on a 1440p monitor with great colours, plus all that extra space on the screen will be a god send since at the moment i'm using a 720p laptop rofl..

No problem. Glad to help. You will love gaming at 1440p.. :)

if your in the US just get the monoprice or micro center one. The nice thing about ones like the ASUS is the warrenty, additional inputs, and features. Its up to you to decide if thats worth the extra money to you.

There is effectively no warranty because it costs a fortune to ship back to Korea to claim the warranty, and it becomes the same price as just getting a better quality monitor from a larger company, and you get better everything else (input selection, stand, build quality, monitor controls).

There is effectively no warranty because it costs a fortune to ship back to Korea to claim the warranty, and it becomes the same price as just getting a better quality monitor from a larger company, and you get better everything else (input selection, stand, build quality, monitor controls).

now now it doesnt cost that much and you could always go for the squartrade warranty. Either way itll still be cheaper than a ASUS, Dell, Samsung, HP, etc

now now it doesnt cost that much and you could always go for the squartrade warranty. Either way itll still be cheaper than a ASUS, Dell, Samsung, HP, etc

how does Samsung not count as Korean monitor? i don't understand

oh dear was that YOUR computer i just downloaded a few dozen viruses on when you weren't paying attention?

how does Samsung not count as Korean monitor? i don't understand

Lol i think he means the cheap direct from korea monitors no ones made in korea i may be wrong though

When you see zones and distance policy on dead/stuck/bright pixel on a monitor, you know that they are basically saying to you, we cover nothing. The chances that you fit these conditions is slim.

These low cost Korean monitors, are reject monitors from LG or Samsung, hence their low price. The fault might not be visible to you (because LCD faults extends far beyond pixels not working right).

Basically, you get what you paid for. There is a reason why you don't buy 60$ motherboard, and 8$ keyboards and mouse, and so on.

Sending a 27inch  monitor to Korea, is costly. Even if you find a way to ship it cheaply, it will takes a month, if not more to get your replacement. And what is your replacement? Another uncertified/reject LG or Samsung IPS panel. Imagine a month without a monitor

ASUS has better warranty, and Dell is exceptional. With Dell, you get to keep the monitor while Dell ships you a replacement monitor, where inside that box, you'll see a pre-paid shipping label, ready to be stick over the old one, to return the defective monitor. In other words, Dells pays shipping both directions. Both ASUS and Dell high-end models, features a 0 bright/stuck policy, and a 5 or more (for ASUS), or 6 or more (for Dell), dead pixel warranty,. with no zones or distance crap policy. Simple.

Should you buy the cheap korean ones?

It;s up to you. If you don't care about the stand, build quality, on screen menu, etc. Many enjoy their monitor. Some have perfect monitors, many other have a fault but doesn't bother them, due to the low price, and some get totally screwed. It's a risk.

If you really want them, you are better off with companies like Monoprice, if you don't mind paying the premium for returning the monitor to them for warranty, which will make things much cheaper, faster and easier for you.

If not, buy an ASUS or ViewSonic or Dell.

Lol i think he means the cheap direct from korea monitors no ones made in korea i may be wrong though

of course its not made in Korea i was just saying Samsung is Korean so it should technically it fit the description

oh dear was that YOUR computer i just downloaded a few dozen viruses on when you weren't paying attention?

of course its not made in Korea i was just saying Samsung is Korean so it should technically it fit the description

so your arguing semantics, great

so your arguing semantics, great

what's wrong with that?