Hydrogen Reactors

Aprils_Renegade

Saw Linus's video review of the Brunton Hydrogen reactor designed to charge phones. It's a shit device (excuse my french) but the concept of just a portable hydrogen reactor had me thinking. Does anyone know of anything similar, even as a small science experiment? Preferably with as little DIY as possible. It's goal can be anything, as long as it's functional

"If an Opportunity doesn't knock, build a Door." - Milton Berle

Fuel cells??

You can make your own H2 and O2 gases through electrolysis of distilled water... the quantities are too small though...

My dad bought a couple of those.. they work well... for the first couple months, then sadly since the tech is far from perfect they break down quite fast.

Not a hydrogen reactor as far as I can tell, but still cool

http://flamestower.com/

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Not a hydrogen reactor as far as I can tell, but still cool

http://flamestower.com/

Seen that before, but it's a cool concept; thanks for the link. I meant more among the lines of just cool science experiments or gadgets? Doesn't have to charge anything or have a specific function - i'm just into science :)

i still think these things are the best DIY bombs around, judge me but it's true, only a screw driver is needed too overcharge/short circuit it and it might go boom or burn pretty good.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

i still think these things are the best DIY bombs around, judge me but it's true, only a screw driver is needed too overcharge/short circuit it and it might go boom or burn pretty good.

Two types of people:

1) Seeking Hydrogen Fuel Cells for power or a science experiment (harmless)

2) Seeking Hydrogen Fuel Cells with the intention of turning it into weaponry

xD

Two types of people:

1) Seeking Hydrogen Fuel Cells for power or a science experiment (harmless)

2) Seeking Hydrogen Fuel Cells with the intention of turning it into weaponry

xD

well, to be honest, doing a scientific study helps pretty well if you want to DIY stupid/illegal stuff, most things seem easier then they seem =)

drawing the line between experimentation and weaponry is pretty small, most weapon related(offensive or defensive) started with scientific experiments sometimes far related form weaponry.

example: kevlar, it started as an experiment to find a rubber replacement which would be more fuel efficient, result bulletproof vests.

every medal has a different side

well, to be honest, doing a scientific study helps pretty well if you want to DIY stupid/illegal stuff, most things seem easier then they seem =)

drawing the line between experimentation and weaponry is pretty small, most weapon related(offensive or defensive) started with scientific experiments sometimes far related form weaponry.

example: kevlar, it started as an experiment to find a rubber replacement which would be more fuel efficient, result bulletproof vests.

every medal has a different side

True, but most research seems to begin with the intention of creating military gear? But I see your point for Kevlar

As for experiments - I literally mean one of those kiddie experiments that are science-based and are basically harmless? Not sure

True, but most research seems to begin with the intention of creating military gear? But I see your point for Kevlar

As for experiments - I literally mean one of those kiddie experiments that are science-based and are basically harmless? Not sure

hmm its ahrd for me to think of these sadly, but if you mean things like a lemon or potato battery, yeah they are pretty harmless, unless you have a kid that somehow(theoretically possible) that gets to concentrated lemon acid or decides to throw it :P

Not that's really interesting? I mean, think about it...magnets move stuff as if by telekinesis and they're the most boring thing in science ;0)

Stuff that staggers belief is generally not physically possible and just made up or misreported hoaxes or false results. :0/

"I try to put good out into the world...that way I can believe it's out there." --CKN                  “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.” --Wayne Dyer            

[Needs Updating] My PC: i5-10600K @TBD / 32GB DDR4 @4000MHz / Z490 AORUS Elite AC / Titan RTX / Samsung 1TB 960 Evo / EVGA SuperNova 850 T2