Potential new sponsor, G2A - Yay or nay?

nicklmg

Hey everyone!

I've been in initial discussions with G2A.com about potentially sponsoring LTT and our other shows. I've used them a few times in the past without issue, but a little Googling shows that public opinion about them is a little iffy...

So, before we move any further with this, I want your feedback. Should we explore this opportunity? Have you used G2A in the past? Was your experience positive or negative? Post your thoughts below.

I'm especially interested in experiences with their customer support team. One of their major pitches in our call was "we are a marketplace rather than a seller, but we take the risk for both the buyer and the seller, and any issues with invalid keys can easily be resolved through our customer support team." Have you used their 24/7 customer support in the past? Were they able to resolve your issue in a timely manner?

Let me know down below. Would love to hear what you folks have to say.

Thanks!

Nick

I've never used them, but I don't mind the idea of them sponsoring LTT, as I will probably use them in the future.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

I have used them and they seem good, shield is worth it too.

Haven't really had any experience with customer service

I wouldn't mind if you did, I don't have anything against them being a sponsor, but I know a lot of people do, so there is that to  considere

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Best purchase this year, bcuz forza

Uhh isn't that where all the hacked Ubi keys were sold?

Specifically brought that up in our call.

Not all of the hacked Ubi codes were sold through them, but some were. Apparently anyone who purchased an affected code through them was able to reach out to customer support and get a new code, essentially no questions asked.

Hey everyone!

I've been in initial discussions with G2A.com about potentially sponsoring LTT and our other shows. I've used them a few times in the past without issue, but a little Googling shows that public opinion about them is a little iffy...

So, before we move any further with this, I want your feedback. Should we explore this opportunity? Have you used G2A in the past? Was your experience positive or negative? Post your thoughts below.

I'm especially interested in experiences with their customer support team. One of their major pitches in our call was "we are a marketplace rather than a seller, but we take the risk for both the buyer and the seller, and any issues with invalid keys can easily be resolved through our customer support team." Have you used their 24/7 customer support in the past? Were they able to resolve your issue in a timely manner?

Let me know down below. Would love to hear what you folks have to say.

Thanks!

Nick

I've used it once, and for me it was a good experience. 

But I have heard some shady things about them; like that they were involved in that origin hack (they sold keys that were stolen from there).

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

VALIDATION, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 24GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix 1070 8GB OC@ 2.2Ghz, Corsair graphite series 760T (Black), Cooler master V850, NH-D15 w/LNA ,1TB Samsung 850 Evo,  480GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD, 3TB Seagate Barracuda x 3, 1 TB WD Passport (Backup drive), 2 TB WD Passport (Backup Drive 2),  Windows 10 Pro x64 (uhg), Logitech G900 Chaos (Main), Steelseries Rival (FADE) (Courtesy of Edzel Yago, Thanks Ed), Steelsieres Rival 300 Hyperbeast Special Edition, Coolermaster Quickfire TKL (MX Blue), Razer Blackwidow Tournament edition (Greens).  Audio: Sennheiser HD598 SE, Edifier S1000DB, AudioEngine D1 DAC; Yamaha MG06X Mixer & AudioTechnica AT2020.

Phones; Daily drivers: Nexus 6P 64GB/iPhone 6 (Music), Apple Watch, Apple AirPods.

Laptop: 2015 Macbook Pro 13, 8GB of RAM, 2.7Ghz i5, 240GB Apple SSD. 

Spoiler

Plex Server: i7 3770, Gigabyte Board, 16GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix GTX 1050ti 4GB, 120GB SSD Boot Drive, 8 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda, Rosewill RSV-R4000 With 2 Rosewill Hot Swap 4x Backplane Bays, 1050 Watt Corsair HX Series PSU,Hyper T2, Windows 10 Pro 

I also do Youtube, check me out!

I bought a FarCry 4 key (remember that whole debacle)

The way they acquire their keys is most definitely dodgy. They obtain them from cheaper countries: (Steam is working to stop this, but Uplay and Origin is not), via stolen credit cards, or even from humble bundles! And i bought that key directly from them.

As for their customer service. It was alright. They were slow to respond, but they got me a refund in reasonable time.

However their SHIELD service is a terrible idea. Having to share your screen to prove that the key worked? I don't like that at all.

So TLDR; I think that they shouldn't become an LTT sponsor. Their integrity is questionable, and LTT is known (at least to me) for choosing honest sponsors. The fact that this thread exists is evidence of that

People are saying that they'd like the discount. They can obtain that elsewhere. LTT doesn't need to have anything to do with G2A

CPU: Intel I5-4690k (stock) Motherboard: Asus B85 Pro gamer RAM: 2x4 - GB Avexir kit (xmp is not enabled) GPU: XFX R9 280X DD Case: Coolermaster Storm Enforcer Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, WD 250GB PSU: Thermaltake Smartpower 750w Monitor: BenQ RL2455HM Cooling: 200mm front intake, 200mm top exhaust, 200mm rear exhaust Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core Sound: Kingston HyperX Clouds and Logitech Speakers Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

i've used them, if you have G2A shield, you have nothing to worry about shady things, if people complain you they got robbed, that's becasue they bought it from 1 star sellers and did not use G2A, i'd use some sponsor codes for G2A, that's only place where they accept Debit card, all others including Steam asks me for me Credit, i don't have credit 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

Please don't support a company that frequently sells illegal copies of games.

Even when they are legal, the developers get no support from G2A.

Purchasing a game off of G2A supports developers as much as pirating a game, would you allow The Pirate Bay as a sponsor if they offered?

Not all of the hacked Ubi codes were sold through them, but some were. Apparently anyone who purchased an affected code through them was able to reach out to customer support and get a new code, essentially no questions asked.

If they said no questions asked, then they're lying.

I had to wait a week for Ubisoft support to confirm why i lost my FC4 key, then show G2A that information.

I wouldn't call that, "no questions asked"

CPU: Intel I5-4690k (stock) Motherboard: Asus B85 Pro gamer RAM: 2x4 - GB Avexir kit (xmp is not enabled) GPU: XFX R9 280X DD Case: Coolermaster Storm Enforcer Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, WD 250GB PSU: Thermaltake Smartpower 750w Monitor: BenQ RL2455HM Cooling: 200mm front intake, 200mm top exhaust, 200mm rear exhaust Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core Sound: Kingston HyperX Clouds and Logitech Speakers Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

I am somewhat hesitant.

They seem pretty decent and I have bought like one key from them with no problems and my friends have not had any trouble.

But they have been negatively in the news lately (some time ago with the deactivated Ubisoft keys)

They solved that pretty well, so I will say yes.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Really strange company, while their business might be somewhat legit, I would not trust them enough to give them a sponsor spot.

That's the issue... the "we're a marketplace, we just facilitate transactions" thing works for them, but if a viewer has a negative experience when we're vouching for them, it does put us in a weird spot. That's why I'm hoping to get some feedback about their customer support, as I think that's extremely pertinent to judging them as a potential sponsor...

@ShadowCaptain  would you like to say something ??

I don't agree, that place is shady, I mean look at the prices there is a reason why that place sells so cheap, those places are shady and no ignorance isn't a blessing.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

This poll is also not cool, we don't need to do business with them and have a bad experience to know they're not good guys.

The "but I've never used them" seems like you could use it as an excuse to not listen to those votes with a "well if you've never used them how can you judge them?"

No, I've never used them, and I've never used them because I don't support what they do.

I voted yes, but my vote is solely based on my own experience with G2A(had no issues).

CPU: i7-4770K  Cooler: NZXT X60  GPU: Asus GTX 770 2GB  MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  PSU: Be Quiet! 630 Watt  Case: NZXT H440 

Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 Evo + 1TB Seagate HDD  KeyboardCorsair K70 RGB  MouseG502 Proteus Spectrum  HeadphoneSennheiser HD598  Mic: Blue Snowball Ice

The hacked codes from Ubi where sold by people using G2A, not G2A by themselves. I have used them many times with no issues at all. You cant exactly blame a third-party seller giving you a dodgy key. Its just like an Ebay seller giving you a broken item. G2A shield will protect you.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Friend got Norton (don't ask  :mellow:) from G2A. In the end it did not work. It was only 80p so he did not bother trying to get it back. 

But still, it did not work.  :mellow:

CPU: i5 4670k @ 3.4GHz + Corsair H100i      GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 SOC (+215 Core|+162 Mem)     SSD: Kingston V300 240GB (OS)      Headset: Logitech G930 

Case: Cosair Vengance C70 (white)                RAM: 16GB TeamGroup Elite Black DDR3 1600MHz       HDD: 1TB WD Blue                              Mouse: Logitech G602

OS: Windows 7 Home Premium                       PSUXFX Core Edition 750w                                                Motherboard: MSI Z97-G45               Keyboard: Logitech G510

Superb customer service is always good, I guess G2A is just like an Amazon/Ebay for online games, I don't think any of them are shady, they just make commissions off our sales :D

Main Rig

Case: NZXT H440 White | CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K @5.2GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair H80i Hydro Series | Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition | RAM: HyperX Fury White & Black Series 16GB (4x4GB) OC to 2133MHz | Graphics Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 980 Ti ArcticStorm | SSD: Intel 730 Series 480GB & Samsung 840 256GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA 750W Supernova G2 80+ Gold | Display: BenQ XL2420G & Samsung S20D300 | Headset: Corsair 1500 | Mouse: Logitech G700S | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Silver RED LED

XENON Build:  

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 @3.3GHz | Intel DZ68BC | Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x4GB 1866MHz | Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB | MSI GeForce GTX 680 | Fractal Design Define R4 Titanium Grey | Seasonic 520W 80+ Platinum Fanless

Office Build:

Case: Fractal Focus G White | CPU: i5-8600K | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: MSI Z370-A PRO | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB-2666 | GPU: MSI GTX 1060 6GB GAMING X | SSD: Kingston A400 240GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA BT 450W+ Bronze

Phone

iPhone XS Max 512GB Gold

I have used them 2 times. Once for a windows 8.1 key (it was like 20 bucks) and another time for a game, each time worked out pretty surprisingly well. Not a single complaint from me specifically however there are plenty of people who have had a negative experience. Has anyone at LMG used their services extensively enough to know the pros and cons of G2A?

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

The hacked codes from Ubi where sold by people using G2A, not G2A by themselves. I have used them many times with no issues at all. You cant exactly blame a third-party seller giving you a dodgy key. Its just like an Ebay seller giving you a broken item. G2A shield will protect you.

That is incorrect. I purchased a key directly from G2A, and it was confirmed to be an illegal code by Ubisoft.

"hacked codes" is so wrong, it hurts.

@ShadowCaptain  would you like to say something ??

I don't agree, that place is shady, I mean look at the prices there is a reason why that place sells so cheap, those places are shady and no ignorance isn't a blessing.

I am on the fence with G2A, I have bought products there, in fact I just got hardline yesterday and it was fine

The thing I dont trust on G2A are the 3rd party sellers, but they do have payment protection

I think G2A is as safe as ebay is, use at own risk, if you want a guaranteed 100% purchase, get it from Steam or similar stores just like ebay is a slight risk compared to say, going to your local shop and buying it off the shelf

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii