Best Coolant for PC?

Ok, so i am looking for the first coolant to put in my custom loop. I am going to be using red tubing so i think that a clear fluid would be best.

I would run a red dyed fluid but i don't want to be dealing with the issue of the dye separating and gumming things up.

The question i have is which fluid is best to use? i don't want to just use distilled water because i like all of the features that comes with anti-biological agents and other features that come with the fluid. So anyone have recommendations of what fluid to use? if i end up going with what i found, i think that i will end up ordering the EK-Ecoolant EVO Clear coolant, found here: http://goo.gl/BwJDrP

Anyone got some guidance or a recommendation?

Collecting every single CPU in existence? Is it possible? I have no idea, but i'm sure gonna try! http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/341848-dont-throw-away-old-cpus-im-collecting/

in all reality distilled water if you're water cooling, its non-conductive at first and cheap. 

IC diamond for thermal paste, or arctic silver 5. 

thick radiators, the more fins the better,  more fans lower RPM, 

(applies to air coolers aswell, the more heatpipes the better usually) (usually, there are some 8 heat pipe coolers that preform worse than some 6 heatpipe coolers, due to fin material, spacing, totan fin surface area) 

extra cheese. no crust. 

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

in all reality distilled water if you're water cooling, its non-conductive at first and cheap. 

IC diamond for thermal paste, or arctic silver 5. 

thick radiators, more fans lower RPM, 

extra cheese. no crust. 

I dont wanna run distilled water because i want a fluid that has all of the bio inhibitors and the anti corrosion stuff in it. with distilled water you dont have that

Collecting every single CPU in existence? Is it possible? I have no idea, but i'm sure gonna try! http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/341848-dont-throw-away-old-cpus-im-collecting/

I dont wanna run distilled water because i want a fluid that has all of the bio inhibitors and the anti corrosion stuff in it. with distilled water you dont have that

Distilled water. PT Nuke.

Mayhems X1 clear. No gunking up, no staining, all the biocides and anti-corrosives you'll ever need pre-mixed.

http://mayhems.co.uk/store/x1-clear-1ltr.html?sl=en

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

Coloured coolants these days don't cause any of the issues that they did back in the day. Soft tubing is the cause of gumming up and staining in almost every case that these issues come up in.

That being said. I've found that if your going for a clear coolant then de-ionized water and a silver kill coil in the res or silver fittings around the loop are the best way to keep the coolant looking crystal clear and the kill coil and/or silver fittings go a long way to kill anything that the tubing may be doing to try ruin your loop :)

then you add them. 

they're cheap when you buy de-ionized/distilled water separaetly from the liquid itself. 

anyway, yeah... just 

pretty sure jay mentions it all. 

Edited by Ghost
Removed section

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

Any other ideas? just for the purpose of options?

and sorry i didnt mean to just shut down your idea, i just like the idea of it already being done for me so i dont have to mess it up myself

Ill probobly end up going with the mayhem fluid because it seems like its the most liked fluid around the internet, but i dont want to jump into this and have to change it later, so i do wanna hear what you guys's opinions

@Tithonius I highly recommend this EK Coolant. for your needs. I used that and XSPC stuff in my last few builds, Not an issue, and you can top up with distilled if needs be.

Basically, I use the coolant from the manufacturer that made most of my water blocks. So if there is a problem with flaking or seals, then its up to them to get it sorted out.

MOBO: ASUS X79 Pro CPU: i7 3820 Ram: Corsair Vengence 32Gb 2133mhz (8x4) GPU: 2 x Sapphire R9 290 in X-fire PSU: Seasonic G series 750w Drives: 1 x 750 gig WD black, 3x WD Black 1TB, 1 x Segate Barrcuda 1 TB, 1 x Toshiba 2TB, Intel 520 240gig SSD Case: Enthoo Primo w/ Green and Blue LED lighting.

@Tithonius I highly recommend this EK Coolant. for your needs. I used that and XSPC stuff in my last few builds, Not an issue, and you can top up with distilled if needs be.

Basically, I use the coolant from the manufacturer that made most of my water blocks. So if there is a problem with flaking or seals, then its up to them to get it sorted out.

Good point, it does make sense to go with matching stuff. and its honestly cheaper to go with the EK coolant anyway.

Is it okay to go with the colored coolant or should i stick to clear for my first water cooled build?

Any other ideas? just for the purpose of options?

I've been using the same distilled / deionized water for 5 years now. I just top it up as required. It's remained clear and bug free due to me inserting a 99.99% pure silver kill coil into the reservoir. You can just make out the kill coil in the video below. It was just a silver wire initially, you can get them cheap on fleabay, or a jewellery store. I twirled it around a straw so that it would fit into the res. It's kept things clear as a bell.

I've had my EK evo green for just under a year, no staining, no separation, no problems. Red is the color it happens to the most apparently ( I haven't tried it) but maybe use the "RED" and not the "Bloodshed RED" as its not as dark. Hopefully less / no staining.

MOBO: ASUS X79 Pro CPU: i7 3820 Ram: Corsair Vengence 32Gb 2133mhz (8x4) GPU: 2 x Sapphire R9 290 in X-fire PSU: Seasonic G series 750w Drives: 1 x 750 gig WD black, 3x WD Black 1TB, 1 x Segate Barrcuda 1 TB, 1 x Toshiba 2TB, Intel 520 240gig SSD Case: Enthoo Primo w/ Green and Blue LED lighting.

I've had my EK evo green for just under a year, no staining, no separation, no problems. Red is the color it happens to the most apparently ( I haven't tried it) but maybe use the "RED" and not the "Bloodshed RED" as its not as dark. Hopefully less / no staining.

The only purpose that i would be using the colored fluid for would be for in the reservoir. so that the fluid is red in the reservoir and it wouldnt matter anywhere else because i have red tubing. 

So i think what im going to do is to buy a reservoir with the UV red helix or somthing along those lines, itll be more spendy, but i think it will be worth it... hopefully. Then ill be able to just use the clear fluid and not have an issue.

The only purpose that i would be using the colored fluid for would be for in the reservoir. so that the fluid is red in the reservoir and it wouldnt matter anywhere else because i have red tubing. 

So i think what im going to do is to buy a reservoir with the UV red helix or somthing along those lines, itll be more spendy, but i think it will be worth it... hopefully. Then ill be able to just use the clear fluid and not have an issue.

sound like a good plan bud!!

sound like a good plan bud!!

Yeah im super excited, its just that its gonna be a while until i can get the parts together. Unless something happens in my Twitch channel or my dead YouTube... then i think ill be buying parts over the course of the next few months.

But i will be doing reviews on all of the parts ill be getting, and this will be a good way to do it, because hopefully ill always be buying somthing new :D

just run car coolant ??

Spoiler

FX-8320e @4.3ghz, 8gb DDR3, gigabyte 970a-d3p rev2.0, 320gb hdd + 1tb hdd, r7 260x