Upgrade CPU/Mobo or upgrade GPU?

Give me your opinions if I should upgrade my CPU to the i7 4790k and Motherboard to anything in the price range of $200 or just upgrade GPU to the GTX 980.

Currently I have an i5 2500 and a GTX 660. If I upgrade just the GPU, will my i5 2500 CPU bottleneck the 980?

Thanks guys!!

CPU: i5 25000 3.3 GHz             Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V-LK          Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8 GB           Display: Samsung SD24 24" 1080p          

GPU: EVGA GTX 660 SC 2 GB     Sound: Razer Kraken pro                            PSU: Rosewill 630 watt                    Storage 1: 128 GB Adata XPG SX900 SSD

Case: Rosewill Challenger       CPU Cooler: Corsair h80i                    Mouse: Corsair M65                                   Storage 2: Seagate 2 TB HDD

GPU upgrade. And I wish the term "bottleneck" would go the way of the Dodo. Most overused term in the PC community

PC Audio Setup = Beyerdynamic DT 770 pro 80 ohm and Sennheiser pc37x (also for xbox) hooked up to Schiit Fulla 3

GPU upgrade. And I wish the term "bottleneck" would go the way of the Dodo. Most overused term in the PC community

I was planning on doing that. Can I ask why GPU though?

CPU: i5 25000 3.3 GHz             Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V-LK          Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8 GB           Display: Samsung SD24 24" 1080p          

GPU: EVGA GTX 660 SC 2 GB     Sound: Razer Kraken pro                            PSU: Rosewill 630 watt                    Storage 1: 128 GB Adata XPG SX900 SSD

Case: Rosewill Challenger       CPU Cooler: Corsair h80i                    Mouse: Corsair M65                                   Storage 2: Seagate 2 TB HDD

the i5 2500 is still a good cpu

EDIT: Upgrading the GPU will get you bigger performance gains in gaming

PC Audio Setup = Beyerdynamic DT 770 pro 80 ohm and Sennheiser pc37x (also for xbox) hooked up to Schiit Fulla 3

Because i5-2500 isn't bottlenecking a single 980 anytime soon.

"Rawr XD"

GPU Will net you much more overall gaming performance than a CPU upgrade. And when Skylake comes out you can then decide if you want to upgrade your CPU/Mobo and your GPU will still be good. 

Literally no reason to upgrade CPU unless you do more CPU work than gaming.

HydrOS (Waterworks 3.0) Pictures: // One // Two // Three

i7 5820k @ 4.3GHz (1.165v) // Asus X99-A // 16GB-DDR4 Vengeance 2400 CAS13 // RAID 0 Intel 730 240GB // Nvidia Titan X (+200Core +500Memory) // Swiftech D5 // ASUS ROG SWIFT

Because i5-2500 isn't bottlenecking a single 980 anytime soon.

I hope not. The CPU is still going strong haha

GPU Will net you much more overall gaming performance than a CPU upgrade. And when Skylake comes out you can then decide if you want to upgrade your CPU/Mobo and your GPU will still be good. 

Literally no reason to upgrade CPU unless you do more CPU work than gaming.

GPU would be nice. SLI would also be an option in the future if I wanted to upgrade