test to see if the cpu runs at it's propper speed

Guest Haduvokone
Go to solution Solved by StainlessSR,

the extra L3 cache per core and hyper threading (depending on the game and/or program you are using) would be worth it to me. That would equal about 130 usd (cheaper than a new I5), and a friend of mine in germany sent me a link to the eu amazon where they are going for around 213-280 eur.

Sounds like a winner to me as long as you are not expecting huge improvements from this upgrade.

but the thing is if i just buy the 2600 i can put it in this board

yes it would work in the board I linked but the expense may not be worth the increase in performance. Especially when compared to spending just a little more for a K version and getting much greater performance.

Personal opinion/advise ---spend a little more if possible to get a k version 2600k or 2700k or 3770k

yes it would work in the board I linked but the expense may not be worth the increase in performance. Especially when compared to spending just a little more for a K version and getting much greater performance.

Personal opinion/advise ---spend a little more if possible to get a k version 2600k or 2700k or 3770k

that cloud be worth it but the board i have does not support overlocking and another board osts another 80 eur and i am broke man

If that is the case then a 2600 will get you the hyper-threading and a few more features. In a comparison you should experience an improvement compared to the i5 but not a huge one. Worth the expense/trouble? I can't say in your case.

If that is the case then a 2600 will get you the hyper-threading and a few more features. In a comparison you should experience an improvement compared to the i5 but not a huge one. Worth the expense/trouble? I can't say in your case.

but the extra threats will be very usefull in the future right?

i have a deal for a 2600 for 120 eur

the extra L3 cache per core and hyper threading (depending on the game and/or program you are using) would be worth it to me. That would equal about 130 usd (cheaper than a new I5), and a friend of mine in germany sent me a link to the eu amazon where they are going for around 213-280 eur.

Sounds like a winner to me as long as you are not expecting huge improvements from this upgrade.