test to see if the cpu runs at it's propper speed

Guest Haduvokone
Go to solution Solved by StainlessSR,

the extra L3 cache per core and hyper threading (depending on the game and/or program you are using) would be worth it to me. That would equal about 130 usd (cheaper than a new I5), and a friend of mine in germany sent me a link to the eu amazon where they are going for around 213-280 eur.

Sounds like a winner to me as long as you are not expecting huge improvements from this upgrade.

if i sell my 3570 and buy an second hand 2600 ? with the same board just for the hyperthreathing

Only if its a 2600-K, if its not a K-CPU do not buy one.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Only if its a 2600-K, if its not a K-CPU do not buy one.

why not? this is also an non k right? and there is hyperthreating on it then bf4 should run flawlessly right?

btw will skylake i5 have more cores?

why not? this is also an non k right? and there is hyperthreating on it then bf4 should run flawlessly right?

btw will skylake i5 have more cores?

To bridge the performance gap and have as much or MORE performance than current i5 4690's the 2600K would need to be around 4.5Ghz, and the 3570 would have to be around 4.2Ghz to match the 3.9Ghz the 4690 has.

Each CPU generation has a 5-10% jump in performance, so grabbing a 2600-K, overclocking it to 4.5-4.8Ghz will match current beast CPU's

(4.5-4.8Ghz on 2600K is super easy even on lightweight cheap CPU coolers)

My 2600K with HT still had small GPU usage drops, not because of the CPU, but because BF4 is a piece of shit in general.

I had 60-65% CPU usage with the i7 2600K /w HT and 95% GPU usage with my R9-280 before I got my 290X,.. and turning off HT (i5 mode) would be 95-98% usage like my current i5 gets.

If BF4 sees 4 cores, it will max them,.. if it sees 8 cores,.. it does not.

No idea bout Skylake,.. you'd have to google it,.. I've not bothered to read up on it because there will be no point for ME to upgrade from what I have, CPU's don't change much each generation, the extra 5-10% doesn't interest me.. I'd have to wait 3 generations to think about upgrading for a real benefit.

Your CPU is a non-K so I'd grab that spare board you have and try that and then you'd know for sure if its the current motherboard you have thats causing issue.

I understand If your also fed up with changing and reinstalling,.. then nothing can sway you do to so and you'll have to deal with it.

You should NOT be dropping to 25fps in BF4 as you mentioned... something is definitely holding back your performance in BF4.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

To bridge the performance gap and have as much or MORE performance than current i5 4690's the 2600K would need to be around 4.5Ghz, and the 3570 would have to be around 4.2Ghz to match the 3.9Ghz the 4690 has.

Each CPU generation has a 5-10% jump in performance, so grabbing a 2600-K, overclocking it to 4.5-4.8Ghz will match current beast CPU's

(4.5-4.8Ghz on 2600K is super easy even on lightweight cheap CPU coolers)

My 2600K with HT still had small GPU usage drops, not because of the CPU, but because BF4 is a piece of shit in general.

I had 60-65% CPU usage with the i7 2600K /w HT and 95% GPU usage with my R9-280 before I got my 290X,.. and turning off HT (i5 mode) would be 95-98% usage like my current i5 gets.

If BF4 sees 4 cores, it will max them,.. if it sees 8 cores,.. it does not.

No idea bout Skylake,.. you'd have to google it,.. I've not bothered to read up on it because there will be no point for ME to upgrade from what I have, CPU's don't change much each generation, the extra 5-10% doesn't interest me.. I'd have to wait 3 generations to think about upgrading for a real benefit.

Your CPU is a non-K so I'd grab that spare board you have and try that and then you'd know for sure if its the current motherboard you have thats causing issue.

I understand If your also fed up with changing and reinstalling,.. then nothing can sway you do to so and you'll have to deal with it.

You should NOT be dropping to 25fps in BF4 as you mentioned... something is definitely holding back your performance in BF4.

oke but i can get an 2600 for 100 eur..

if i sell my 3570 and buy an second hand 2600 ? with the same board just for the hyperthreathing

Ok wait one, I thought you had a 2600k already (sorry, what I get for speed reading through posts) After rereading your OP your problem is that you think you have a cpu bottleneck correct?

If so, you can do what I put in this other thread to moniter your cpu/gpu usage while in game to see if your being bottlenecked. If while playing your cpu is near maxed but gpu is low then that would point to a bottleneck on the cpu, from there upgrade options can be talked about but if there is no proven bottleneck there is no need to go down that road.

EDIT: what @SkilledRebuilds said. also on that 2600 you said you could get, it would have to be the K version to be worthwhile, the non-K would be nowhere near as useful due to no overclocking. A large part of the decision to go with an older 2600K or a newer 4th gen K series cpu would be the price of the CPU/MB and your budget/performance preference.

If your budget will only support the older 2600K+MB purchase and it meets your performance preference then that is the path you may want to take.

Ok wait one, I thought you had a 2500k already (sorry, what I get for speed reading through posts) After rereading your OP your problem is that you think you have a cpu bottleneck correct?

If so, you can do what I put in this other thread to moniter your cpu/gpu usage while in game to see if your being bottlenecked. If while playing your cpu is near maxed but gpu is low then that would point to a bottleneck on the cpu, from there upgrade options can be talked about but if there is no proven bottleneck there is no need to go down that road.

but a bottlenek is the caase but what do you think about buying an 2600 for 100 eur :)

Ok wait one, I thought you had a 2500k already (sorry, what I get for speed reading through posts) After rereading your OP your problem is that you think you have a cpu bottleneck correct?

He has decent performance, just not in two specific maps unless I misunderstood him.,....he stated it's Siege of Shanghai and Dawnbreaker than have GPU usage drops because his CPU is maxing...

He also said his other games run fine, understandable that Titanfall being pinned at 100fps (pretty sure it was fps locked to refresh right?, so I dunno how unless he OC'd his panel)

He said he has a 60hz panel,.. so I dunno where he gets 100fps in TF from.....Titanfall isn't CPU heavy anyway...

Leads me to believe BF4 being BF4..

Then be mentioned 25FPS in Siege,.. which is NOT normal for his setup..

Tried many things... still not solved.

He has decent performance, just not in two specific maps unless I misunderstood him.,....he stated it's Siege of Shanghai and Dawnbreaker than have GPU usage drops because his CPU is maxing...

He also said his other games run fine, understandable that Titanfall being pinned at 100fps (pretty sure it was fps locked to Refresh right, so I dunno how unless he OC'd his panel)

Titanfall isn't CPU heavy anyway...

Leads me to believe BF4 being BF4..

Then be mentioned 25FPS in Siege,.. which is NOT normal for his setup..

Tried many things... still not solved.

yes i am actually amazed that he is still helping me and i am really really thankfull for that

yes i am actually amazed that he is still helping me and i am really really thankfull for that

Well it IS getting late (3am again) I can't do this forever... and am going to bed shortly.

But I will be back :)

/Still am monitoring this thread a lot...

but a bottlenek is the case

The 2600 non-K may still induce a bottleneck at stock speeds.

This is why I said you should get a K-CPU, to Overclock and gain a hell of a lot of performance,.... esp for CPU hungry BF4.

What program you use to see your GPU clocks..? Catalyst control center or MSI Afterburner..

Set the Power Limit to a positive value. (This does not OC your card, just ensures MAX performance)

EG 20+, it limits declocking and ensures the GPU clock stays at its maximums. <-- just in case you've not done this yet.

This is why I said you should get a K-CPU, to Overclock and gain a hell of a lot of performance,.... esp for CPU hungry BF4.

What program you use to see your GPU clocks..? Catalyst control center or MSI Afterburner..

Set the Power Limit to a positive value. (This does not OC your card, just ensures MAX performance)

EG 20+, it limits declocking and ensures the GPU clock stays at its maximums. <-- just in case you've not done this yet.

you are a genius maby my card did not win a silicon lottery or something and requiers more power!

Well it IS getting late (3am again) I can't do this forever... and am going to bed shortly.

But I will be back :)

/Still am monitoring this thread a lot...

well good night then! :)

you are a genius maby my card did not win a silicon lottery or something and requiers more power!

I know I'm smart, but not that smart :)

Does that mean this power limit worked and you have better performance?

If so, sweet, if not... we'll get through this :)

/Night Night,.. be back later on.

..........snip

I don't play any of the BF games but I do play MWO which uses a custom version of cryengine 3 that is hugely cpu dependent. Overclocking from the stock 3.3 to just 4.2 sent my fps from 35-45 to 58-60 (v-synched) in the heavyset fighting so I can agree that any non k would be non-useful at best.

Carried down from my edit above

what @SkilledRebuilds said. also on that 2600 you said you could get, it would have to be the K version to be worthwhile, the non-K would be nowhere near as useful due to no overclocking. A large part of the decision to go with an older 2600K or a newer 4th gen K series cpu would be the price of the CPU/MB and your budget/performance preference.

If your budget will only support the older 2600K+MB purchase and it meets your performance preference then that is the path you may want to take.

I don't play any of the BF games but I do play MWO which uses a custom version of cryengine 3 that is hugely cpu dependent. Overclocking from the stock 3.3 to just 4.2 sent my fps from 35-45 to 58-60 (v-synched) in the heavyset fighting so I can agree that any non k would be non-useful at best.

Carried down from my edit above

what @SkilledRebuilds said. also on that 2600 you said you could get, it would have to be the K version to be worthwhile, the non-K would be nowhere near as useful due to no overclocking. A large part of the decision to go with an older 2600K or a newer 4th gen K series cpu would be the price of the CPU/MB and your budget/performance preference.

but the thing is if i just buy the 2600 i can put it in this board

I know I'm smart, but not that smart :)

Does that mean this power limit worked and you have better performance?

If so, sweet, if not... we'll get through this :)

/Night Night,.. be back later on.

it seems liek your power up method is working!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)  :)  :)  :)  :)

it seems liek your power up method is working!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)  :)  :)  :)  :)

:)

Not dropping into the 20's?

Whats your LOWEST FPS you've seen while testing? What maps?, What settings? Ultra Spec with 4xMSAA or...?

Im staying up to see if u got this sorted :P

/Only took me 8 pages :( so far...

:)

Not dropping into the 20's?

Whats your LOWEST FPS you've seen while testing? What maps?, What settings? Ultra Spec with 4xMSAA or...?

Im staying up to see if u got this sorted :P

/Only took me 8 pages :( so far...

oke now the final test with siege of shanghai

oke now the final test with siege of shanghai

Remember your CPU usage will still be high,.. hopefully your GPU will now not drop performance...

BF4 Settings you use?

Remember your CPU usage will still be high,.. hopefully your GPU will now not drop performance...

BF4 Settings you use?

i use ultra

i use ultra

Cool as mate.

/If it works, go back to my post where I told you to change power limit and give it 'best answer'.

If it does not fix your issue, don't worry about doing it.

Cool as mate.

/If it works, go back to my post where I told you to change power limit and give it 'best answer'.

it did not fix it mate :(  and ofcourse even if we don't sucseed you will get the solved because you did so much work

it did not fix it mate :(

FML...

Was it a little bit better or just the same?

/Hate to say it,. are you keen on trying that other motherboard...the one you have spare?

Lots of work involved even before you get to test it...

/Was hoping this was it...and sorted :(

/Time for bed... sorry bro.

Cool as mate.

but like i don't have alot of money to spend evendo i saved up and bf4 is a heavally multithreated game so if i buy an 2600 and put it in this mobo

FML...

Was it a little bit better or just the same?

/Hate to say it,. are you keen on trying that other motherboard...the one you have spare?

Lots of work involved even before you get to test it...

/Was hoping this was it...and sorted :(

/Time for bed... sorry bro.

no problem good night!