test to see if the cpu runs at it's propper speed

Guest Haduvokone
Go to solution Solved by StainlessSR,

the extra L3 cache per core and hyper threading (depending on the game and/or program you are using) would be worth it to me. That would equal about 130 usd (cheaper than a new I5), and a friend of mine in germany sent me a link to the eu amazon where they are going for around 213-280 eur.

Sounds like a winner to me as long as you are not expecting huge improvements from this upgrade.

But maybe it is my motherboard sorry for short replies on school

This is something I thought too when I saw your description of it in your profile.

And no worries about the short replies.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

I have this MB h61-m

I have this MB h61-m

Yeah it's certainly not spectacular....

Seeing as the rest of your parts are pretty good (without these issues in BF4) you may wanna invest some cash into replacing that motherboard anyway,. regardless of your issues and get some better features..

And hopefully with a better motherboard, more stability and efficiency.

But can understand why this could be a money problem or just an outright nuisance.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Yeah but if you buy an b75 board i van alsi overclock a little bit right tot 4.2 GHz?

Yeah but if you buy an b75 board i van alsi overclock a little bit right tot 4.2 GHz?

You can a little bit... BCLK overclocking is what got my locked 3900Mhz to 4150Mhz,  but I was lucky to get 106.6 BCLK, most motherboards don't go that high.

But an extra 150Mhz TIMES FOUR really strong cores is still great when it costs you nothing :)

You can a little bit... BCLK overclocking is what got my locked 3900Mhz to 4150Mhz,  but I was lucky to get 106.6 BCLK, most motherboards don't go that high.

But an extra 150Mhz TIMES FOUR really strong cores is still great when it costs you nothing :)

but the 3d gen processors you can also get an turbo clock boost you can up the multiplier a little i mean

but the 3d gen processors you can also get an turbo clock boost you can up the multiplier a little i mean

The 2nd gen and 3rd gen both have turbo boost, and both generations have K-processors with unlocked multi's too.

You'll be fine with either a 2nd gen or a 3rd gen CPU and Motherboard, neither are slack in todays games or tasks.

The 2nd gen and 3rd gen both have turbo boost, and both generations have K-processors with unlocked multi's too.

You'll be fine with either a 2nd gen or a 3rd gen CPU and Motherboard, neither are slack in todays games or tasks.

but i mean that hose two gens have a small potential to overclock this 3570 can in theory with the right mb 4.2 reach

but i mean that hose two gens have a small potential to overclock this 3570 can in theory with the right mb 4.2 reach

They don't have a small potential man,. the 2500K/2600K are THE BEST overclockers to date.

5.0Ghz quite easy with Water or a decent air cooler like the D14... 4.8Ghz on a Hyper212, 4.5Ghz on the stock cooler,.. no other CPU since can do that.

The 3570's 4.2Ghz isn't bad, it can even go a bit higher than that with good cooling,.. but it's got nothing on what the previous ones can manage.

I'm not saying ditch what you have, I'm just stating facts.

A better motherboard would set you up well,.. the one you have is a lowend motherboard for sure.

They don't have a small potential man,. the 2500K/2600K are THE BEST overclockers to date.

5.0Ghz quite easy with Water or a decent air cooler like the D14... 4.8Ghz on a Hyper212, 4.5Ghz on the stock cooler,.. no other CPU since can do that.

The 3570's 4.2Ghz isn't bad, it can even go a bit higher than that with good cooling,.. but it's no where near what the previous ones can manage.

I'm not saying ditch what you have, I'm just stating facts.

no i am meaning with small potential to 4.2 i know the k series are for overcloking

no i am meaning with small potential to 4.2 i know the k series are for overcloking

Yeah it won't take much to get to 4.2Ghz. It's easy enough to get to.. I think you'll be great on 4.2Ghz for quite some time too.

Yeah it won't take much to get to 4.2Ghz. It's easy enough to get to.. I think you'll be great on 4.2Ghz for quite some time too.

Yeah maby it would be a good idea to do that but on the clock it is now the benchmarks line Like Perfectly up with the 4460

i have found some thing on battlelog and this reminds me maby i have to do a bios update!

text :

I think it would be more accurate to say there might be a NorthBridge Chipset bottleneck than motherboard bottleneck. Before I got this i5 3570K CPU and MB, I had a AMD MB and FX 8120 OC to 4.6 or so. Everything else in my profile was as it is now (specifically the two GTX690's) Oh and I only had one 1600x25600 IPS monitor. On large, full 64-man servers, I could barely get above 60FPS with everything on ultra and just the one monitor. My avg was only about 40-45. I checked my GPU utilization and it was only about 50-60% or so avg. SO I thought "a-ha, Faildozer got me afterall" Nope, CPU utilization was only about 70% on all 8 "cores". OCed to 5ghz (which was not stable by anymeans) and I noted only minimal FPS improvement. So, after back and forths with Tech support from AMD, MB maker and EVGa (GPUs) we came to the conclusion that it was the 990 chipset that was "bottlenecking" the system. This was per the motherboard manufacture themselves. It was MSi I believe. Turns out the chipset hasent really evolved much from the 700 series. 

Not a good enough motherboard IMO. Sorry to say.

One Sata 3 port, no real overclocking can be done with such a cheap board either,.. reading newegg reviews its good for basic usage, not for gaining performance.

Your post above,.. he's talking about an AMD FX motherboard being the bottleneck (common for cheap AMD boards),.. not an Intel one.

Not a good enough motherboard IMO. Sorry to say.

One Sata 3 port, no real overclocking can be done with such a cheap board either,.. reading newegg reviews its good for basic usage, not for gaining performance.

Your post above,.. he's talking about an AMD FX motherboard being the bottleneck (common for cheap AMD boards),.. not an Intel one.

yeah i know but maby it also applies to intel ow but if that mb is not good enough maby i just have to get an 8350 with the propper multicore support comming

yeah i know but maby it also applies to intel ow but if that mb is not good enough maby i just have to get an 8350 with the propper multicore support comming

DO NOT GET AN FX PROCESSOR TO REPLACE YOUR CPU, I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH!

You'll get WAY WORSE performance in many games using the AMD FX when chasing HighFPS. The MINFPS which is most important for smooth gameplay, tanks down to shithouse performance levels in a few game engines and you'll tear your hair out moreso than this thread.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/page-5#entry3621417

^Expand the spoiler tabs and read this plz!!!

^This is not just review scores and benchmarks, but also Real world stories from Users such as yourself, who bought FX, and have issues with Gaming performance.

There is a NEW thread EVERYDAY for FX Bottlenecks!

You should still update your current Intel motherboard bios.

DO NOT BUY AN FX to replace your CPU.

FX is ONLY good for encoding video.

/I'm not yelling at you lol, just trying to make my point.

DO NOT GET AN FX PROCESSOR TO REPLACE YOUR CPU, I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH!

You'll get WAY WORSE performance in many games using the AMD FX when chasing HighFPS. The MINFPS which is most important for smooth gameplay, tanks down to shithouse performance levels in a few game engines and you'' tear your hair out moreso than this thread.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/page-5#entry3621417

^Expand the spoiler tabs and read this plz!!!

You should still update your current Intel motherboard bios.

DO NOT BUY AN FX to replace your CPU.

FX is ONLY good for encoding video.

sorry sorry  :(  ill update my bios first but what i saw in cpu-z is that my ram was running at 800 mhz but it is 1600mhz

sorry sorry  :(  ill update my bios first but what i saw in cpu-z is that my ram was running at 800 mhz but it is 1600mhz

I wasn't yelling at ya,.. just making a huge point.. don't get an FX.

But seriously.. READ that link I put up.

Yeah, CPU-Z shows the Base Ram speeds, but as its DDR (Double Datarate) it's 1600mhz effective.

It's normal.

I would suggest this motherboard from the same site it has a Z77 chipset which is the last one for over-clocking on the 1155 socket.

I am running an I5-2500k at 4.2 (considered as a very mild overclock) and have been for several years now with no problems on a cheap air cooler.

I would suggest this motherboard from the same site it has a Z77 chipset which is the last one for over-clocking on the 1155 socket.

I am running an I5-2500k at 4.2 (considered as a very mild overclock) and have been for several years now with no problems on a cheap air cooler.

Thanks man, that Motherboard is SPOT ON.

@ ^ This is your best bet, NO Bullshit, this is the one to go for.

is that really worth it for such an old cpu?

i realized i have an p8h67 board laying around but the h means no overlocking right?

is that really worth it for such an old cpu?

Such an OLD CPU? Hardly an old CPU...

Do you realize there is only 5-10% difference between the 3rd gen and the 4th gen...

There is ZERO point upgrading to a newer CPU. Seriously.

Usually a H-board will not have overclocking options,.. but that board still is okay...and better than the one you were gunna buy when it comes to whats included.

If you do not have a K-CPU with unlocked multipliers then give it a shot as a Z-Board will not enable much overclocking on a non-K CPU, if you had a K-CPU I'd get the Z77 one mentioned in a heartbeat!

Such an OLD CPU? Hardly an old CPU...

Do you realize there is only 5-10% difference between the 3rd gen and the 4th gen...

There is ZERO point upgrading to a newer CPU. Seriously.

Usually a H-board will not have overclocking options,.. but that board still is okay...

if i sell my 3570 and buy an second hand 2600 ? with the same board just for the hyperthreathing