Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Posted (edited) · Original PosterOP

Hello everyone!

I'm about to make an order for a complete new gaming rig, and i'd like some input / help - did I order everything needed to assemble all the parts? Will I need extra fans? Will I need extra cables?

The list:

Chassis: NZXT Phantom 820

MOBO: Asus Maximus VI Hero

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k (Planning on overclocking to 4.4-4.6Ghz)

CPU-Cooler: Corsair H100i

GPU: EVGA GeForce 780 GTX SC, highest stock clock.

RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 16gb @ 2400mhz (11-13-13)

PSU: Corsair AX860i

Wireless: Asus PCE-AC66

DVD: Asus DRW-24B5ST

SDD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB

HDD: Western Digital Black 2TB

Fans: 2x Corsair AF140 (For the GPU cooler mount on the NZXT Phantom 820) And 1 to either replace rear or bottom. 2x Corsair AF120 to replace the ones from H100i

Monitor: BenQ XL2720T

Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K95

Mouse: Razer Deathadder(Already own)

Headphones: Steelseries Siberia V2

Soundcard: Not going to buy one - there is a good one integrated in the new ROG mobos.

Tools so far: Antistatic wrist thingie, A standard screwdriver with alot of different bits.

Is there anything I need to assemble all this?

How would you sugges that I set up the Airflow? I was thinking: Front: Intake, Side: Intake, Bot: Intake, Rear: Exhaust, Top(Radiator + 200mm fan) as exhaust(pull-config to allow the easy cleaning.)

post-32777-0-87034600-1373139056.jpg

Edited by Matt2843
Posted · Original PosterOP

Good headphones and mic ( if you dont have it allready ).

Ah yeah thanks alot I currently own the

Steelseries Siberia V2 (which has a mic in it) And some random Logitech speakers that i'm actually happy about - and I know the sound card integrated in the new ROG motherboards should be pretty nice using xonar technology so I wont need to buy an external sound card. Thanks! :)

Ah yeah thanks alot I currently own the

Steelseries Siberia V2 (which has a mic in it) And some random Logitech speakers that i'm actually happy about - and I know the sound card integrated in the new ROG motherboards should be pretty nice using xonar technology so I wont need to buy an external sound card. Thanks! :)

Exactly :) Didnt read till end, well you got all sorted out nicely. Good luck !

You seem to be buying some very expensive parts. What's your budget?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Your build looks awesome! I hope you're going to post it in the build log section once it's finished. :)

I just have a few thoughts that went through my head though:
1. Since you're buying an 860i, how about getting those sweet sleeved wires from Corsair, in red. That would look even more awesome. (http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/7863/img0168qf.jpg)

2. The Phantom 820 is big and pointlessly huge in your scenario, why not get a Phantom 630 instead?
3. The 840 Pro is only marginally better than the 840 non-pro, you really won't see any difference in RAID 0, so why not go for a cheaper SSD and maybe have two 240/250/256GB SSDs in RAID?
4. This last one is if you are extremely picky but your whole build is red/black. Wtf is up with the wi-fi card. That's going to look terrible xD. IF, and only if, otherwise you're just throwing money up in the air, your new router supports wireless AC, why not go for this: https://www.asus.com/Networking/PCEAC66/

DON'T READ THE FOLLOWING SENTENCE

You little rebel.

Your build looks awesome! I hope you're going to post it in the build log section once it's finished. :)

I just have a few thoughts that went through my head though:

1. Since you're buying an 860i, how about getting those sweet sleeved wires from Corsair, in red. That would look even more awesome. (http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/7863/img0168qf.jpg)

2. The Phantom 820 is big and pointlessly huge in your scenario, why not get a Phantom 630 instead?

3. The 840 Pro is only marginally better than the 840 non-pro, you really won't see any difference in RAID 0, so why not go for a cheaper SSD and maybe have two 240/250/256GB SSDs in RAID?

4. This last one is if you are extremely picky but your whole build is red/black. Wtf is up with the wi-fi card. That's going to look terrible xD. IF, and only if, otherwise you're just throwing money up in the air, your new router supports wireless AC, why not go for this: https://www.asus.com/Networking/PCEAC66/

Thanks alot for this reply, i'll be getting that other wireless card, looks 10x better indeed, I won't go for the sleeving and I want the Phantom 820 because I like the full tower, and I want to be able to expand with more graphic cards :)

its probably too late to say an i7 and any ram above 8gb 1600mhz is overkill for gaming, i have to say your build is going to look really nice when the gpu is in there though 

| 3570k @ 4.4.ghz | Hyper 212 evo | 8GB (2x4GB) 1600mhz Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte Z77X UD3H | Corsair CX750M | Corsair 300R | OCZ 240GB SSD | Seagate 1TB 7200rpm HDD | Asus DCUII 7950 @1150mhz core 1600mhz mem

| BenQ XL2411T | Corsair Vengeance K60 | Logitech G700 | steelseries Qck+ | Fiio E10 | Zalman clip on mic | HD 598 | ATH-M50 |

Looking SWEET!

1094942_10151584754518226_453969829_n.jp

Just need to add my SSD + GPU and the AC66 then it's all done, will make another update picture in mid august :)

DON'T READ THE FOLLOWING SENTENCE

You little rebel.

Thanks alot, i'll post some more pics when the build is complete and probably make a bigger post on the 'Build Logs' section.
At mid august it will be complete ! :)

Also i'll post some overclocking results aswell ^^  - thanks for helping me picking, i'm very happy about my build so far ^^