Acer XB270HU Updates?

ACoffeeGuy

Any size less than 30" is not worthy of 4K - it bottlenecks it. 27" at 1440p is good enough. If you really want to see 4K at 27", u need to look at your monitor at less than 2" away. The only good monitor for 4K would be, i would say, minimum 33-inch and 40-inch id say is a sweet spot. (Yes i mean it! 40-Inch monitor - not TV!). I wonder which company will come up with such a monitor:

40-inch; 4K, ips, 144Hz, 4ms with G-sync. That would be the best...

Thank God there's other people who understand that about 4k and the size of the monitor.

Anyway, I'm getting this monitor and I only have a GTX 770. It's going to look amazing no matter what.

Lucky!

I ended up pre-ordering from shopblt late last night. $748 w/ free shipping, and they wont charge me till it ships. At the time I ordered, there were 39 back orders, and their inventory listed 40 units coming in from Acer. I just checked now, and they show 54 units back-ordered. If all goes well, I'll have the monitor by 4/15.

Anybody wanna buy a VG248QE  :D

Just got a shipment confirmation from Acer this morning. My monitor is set to be delivered on Thursday. :D

Supply must be trickling in.

CPU i5-4690K(OC to 4.4Ghz) CPU Cooler NZXT Kraken x41 Motherboard MSI Z97 Gaming 5 Memory G.Skillz Ripjaws X 16gb 2133 Video Card MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X           Case NZXT H440 Power Supply XFX XTR 750W Modular Storage Samsung 840 EVO 250gb/Seagate Barracuda 2TB Monitor Acer XB270HU G-Sync http://pcpartpicker.com/b/3CkTwP

Lucky!

I ended up pre-ordering from shopblt late last night. $748 w/ free shipping, and they wont charge me till it ships. At the time I ordered, there were 39 back orders, and their inventory listed 40 units coming in from Acer. I just checked now, and they show 54 units back-ordered. If all goes well, I'll have the monitor by 4/15.

Anybody wanna buy a VG248QE  :D

Just got a shipment confirmation from Acer this morning. My monitor is set to be delivered on Thursday. :D

Edit: Not sure why this double posted

CPU i5-4690K(OC to 4.4Ghz) CPU Cooler NZXT Kraken x41 Motherboard MSI Z97 Gaming 5 Memory G.Skillz Ripjaws X 16gb 2133 Video Card MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X           Case NZXT H440 Power Supply XFX XTR 750W Modular Storage Samsung 840 EVO 250gb/Seagate Barracuda 2TB Monitor Acer XB270HU G-Sync http://pcpartpicker.com/b/3CkTwP

Edit: Not sure why this double posted

Using a phone?

Anyway, I am still waiting to be able to pre order mine..

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

Thank God there's other people who understand that about 4k and the size of the monitor.

Anyway, I'm getting this monitor and I only have a GTX 770. It's going to look amazing no matter what.

Oh oh a fellow GTX 770 owner, mind giving us your thoughts after a few hours of gaming on that screen? Would love to know your experience with a single GTX770 on a demanding game.

CPU: i7-4770K  Cooler: NZXT X60  GPU: Asus GTX 770 2GB  MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  PSU: Be Quiet! 630 Watt  Case: NZXT H440 

Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 Evo + 1TB Seagate HDD  KeyboardCorsair K70 RGB  MouseG502 Proteus Spectrum  HeadphoneSennheiser HD598  Mic: Blue Snowball Ice

Oh oh a fellow GTX 770 owner, mind giving us your thoughts after a few hours of gaming on that screen? Would love to know your experience with a single GTX770 on a demanding game.

I will gladly as soon as I get it! I'm doing more than gaming though too! Photoshop (mostly for fun), video editing, etc. I might even do a detailed review on YouTube for it. Comparing the abilities of gaming and practical use of a color accurate display. I'm really excited to get this thing. I was convinced to buy it, and upgrade my GPU, but I may wait a while to upgrade my GPU.

I do believe that turning AA down should be able to allow the GTX 770 to drive well over 30 fps on 1440p, I'm not too worried like I used to be. Dropping below 30fps shouldn't cause any undesired effects, g-sync is truly amazing and it fixes all problems with v-sync and screen tearing. My prediction is that sub 30 fps will give a game a gritty movie theatre kind of look. It's hard to say at this point though. Gaming and everything else will just be superb. The IPS and 144hz at 1440p is what I'm mostly after though. For me, G-sync is just a luxury that i'm willing to pay extra for.

Got an auto-nitification email from NewEgg saying they have some stock. Most likely very limited.

Just received an auto-notification from Newegg as well. They are taking back orders so I just ordered one. Can't wait!

CASE - CM Storm Stryker, PSU - EVGA 1000 P2 80+ Plat, CPU - i7 4790K w/ NZXT Kraken X61, GPU - MSI GTX 1080 TI Seahawk X, MB - ASUS Z97 Maximus Hero VII, RAM - G.SKILL Ripjaw X Series (2 x 8GB) DDR3 1600, SSD - SAMSUNG 1 TB, DISPLAY - ACER XB270HU + SAMSUNG S24C570HL

Pfffft now that you made me realize that, shame on you... for destroying a little boy's dreams! :D

Well I'd love to buy this monitor, but my system(my gpu) won't be able to push games on this screen to it's limit.

I can't justify it for myself to buy a new GPU after only a year just for this monitor :unsure:

Just wondering, which GPU(or GPU's) would be the minimum to be able to push games at this resolution at 144Hz on this screen?

it all depends of the game, if you are talking about far cry 4 , crysis 3 and battlefield then you should go sli but if you are talking about cs go , wow and lol you should be fine with a 770 or above, as for an example my 780 ti can do 90 fps at 1440p on the witcher 2 on high settings.Playing at 1440p and at 144hz as heavy demanding than doing 4k 60fps.

Any size less than 30" is not worthy of 4K - it bottlenecks it. 27" at 1440p is good enough. If you really want to see 4K at 27", u need to look at your monitor at less than 2" away. The only good monitor for 4K would be, i would say, minimum 33-inch and 40-inch id say is a sweet spot. (Yes i mean it! 40-Inch monitor - not TV!). I wonder which company will come up with such a monitor:

As long as scaling is fixed, I think I'd still prefer 4k at 24 - 28".  Hopefully windows 10 scaling does fix it, but I'd prefer the pixel density being 140+ ppi just for that ridiculous level of sharpness.  40" only has ppi at around 110ppi.  xP  I like insanely high ppi.  My perfect monitor would likely be 27" 4k, 120hz, any variable sync, 4ms.  Or 34" 21:9 4k(4200-4500 or something like that), 120hz, 4ms, variable sync.  As for 40' 3840x2160 or 4096x2160 - Philips has one or two coming out, same for LG.

Mine came in yesterday. Very much an impulse buy. Still, no regrets. Even though I hate the way it looks with a furious passion it works like a dream. 

It's basically my cinema display, but ugly and it can now play games. Can use it for work, and leisure. Good stuff. It's a real step forward, it's good to know that i'll be relevant for at least the upcoming 5 years or so. Which is a strange thought when talking about tech. 

Pixel density is ideal for this size. 

970s in SLI would be better, but again. depends on the game especially with this one due to SLI scaling. The VRAM would not pose an issue, 3.5GB full speed is plenty for 1440p resolution and 4K.

Can confirm. Smooth sailing here with 2 970 ftw's with a mild overclock. Only thing my memory capped out at over 3500 mb was when running ryse at 2x2 supersampling and even then I didn't have any particular bad stutters. Which still puzzles me, I figured anything over 3500 made the cards wet the bed. I suspect it allocated some of my ram, not sure. I do know that the guys at digital foundry really had to jump through some hoops to make the 970's bog down.

Pfffft now that you made me realize that, shame on you... for destroying a little boy's dreams! :D

Well I'd love to buy this monitor, but my system(my gpu) won't be able to push games on this screen to it's limit.

I can't justify it for myself to buy a new GPU after only a year just for this monitor :unsure:

Just wondering, which GPU(or GPU's) would be the minimum to be able to push games at this resolution at 144Hz on this screen?

Depends mostly on the GAMES you play TBH. I'm using a GTX980, which means I have pretty beefy power. Games like Smite, Insurgency en War Thunfer all run at 120 or higher. Something AAA is usually a little more difficult.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

As long as scaling is fixed, I think I'd still prefer 4k at 24 - 28". Hopefully windows 10 scaling does fix it, but I'd prefer the pixel density being 140+ ppi just for that ridiculous level of sharpness. 40" only has ppi at around 110ppi. xP I like insanely high ppi. My perfect monitor would likely be 27" 4k, 120hz, any variable sync, 4ms. Or 34" 21:9 4k(4200-4500 or something like that), 120hz, 4ms, variable sync. As for 40' 3840x2160 or 4096x2160 - Philips has one or two coming out, same for LG.

Ok... It's your choice. You probably have some really sharp alien eyes. To tell you, i got 980 just for that Acer 4K with G-Sync monitor, since i was also thinking "ultra sharp 4K is gonna look awesome and id have big space to wok with!", but i changed my mind after finding out how it works. I would suggest you go to any shop and look at a 40" or 50" TVs and monitors. They look very immersive... Then look at a 27" one... Im sure you will hardly notice a difference. PPI is higher, but remember after certain PPI you can't see any difference going higher. The higher your viewing distance from the monitor, the lower pixel density is enough to be not distiguished by the eyes.

My suggestion - for gaming, build your rig to handle 4K VR. This is where you need this high ppi... For normal use and multi task, well, depending on the space you have, just get yourself a big monitor Qhd, or maybe 3 1080p monitors... 4K will make things smaller but in the end, the size will limit you, not the resolution. 4K really isn't for monitors which are, some people say 30", id say 35". Really 40" is a sweet spot for a 4K monitor.

Intel Core i9-9900K | Asrock Phantom Gaming miniITX Z390 | 32GB GSkill Trident Z DDR4@3600MHz C17 | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Watercooled | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 SSD | Crucial MX500 2TB SSD | Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 1000W | anidees AI Crystal Cube White V2 | Corsair M95 | Corsair K50 | Beyerdynamic DT770 Pros 250Ohm

According to the review by TFTCentral, the XB270HU does NOT support Nvidia 3D Vision, even though it has a high enough refresh rate... Linus did not address this in his review from yesterday.

I'm thinking about buying it, and the 3D Vision thing is not really a deal-breaker for me, but it's unfortunate nonetheless. That would mean I'd have to keep my Benq XL2420 for stereoscopic gaming... or I might even go for the RoG Swift instead... which supports 3D Vision... but then again, its only a TN panel... but I digress.

Can someone who already has the XB270HU confirm this? It really does not support Nvidia 3D Vision?

MSI Z77A-GD55 | Core i7-3770K @ 4.2 GHz (Noctua NH-D14) | Zotac GTX 980 @ 1.4 GHz (Arctic Cooling Accelero Xtreme IV) | 16 GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3-1600 | 120 GB Samsung 840 SSD | 1 TB Seagate HDD | Lian Li PC-9F

According to the review by TFTCentral, the XB270HU does NOT support Nvidia 3D Vision, even though it has a high enough refresh rate... Linus did not address this in his review from yesterday.

I'm thinking about buying it, and the 3D Vision thing is not really a deal-breaker for me, but it's unfortunate nonetheless. That would mean I'd have to keep my Benq XL2420 for stereoscopic gaming... or I might even go for the RoG Swift instead... which supports 3D Vision... but then again, its only a TN panel... but I digress.

Can someone who already has the XB270HU confirm this? It really does not support Nvidia 3D Vision?

No one ever said it did, even with a higher refresh rate. There is no reason for them to include 3D vision since barely anyone uses it in games.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

No one ever said it did, even with a higher refresh rate. There is no reason for them to include 3D vision since barely anyone uses it in games.

I guess that makes sense... well that's too bad. I was hoping there might still be a chance ;)

Games like Crysis 3 and the Metro series are spectacular in 3D. Super immersive experience and among the best games I ever played. Tomb Raider was nice, too. Well, looks like you can't have everything :/

MSI Z77A-GD55 | Core i7-3770K @ 4.2 GHz (Noctua NH-D14) | Zotac GTX 980 @ 1.4 GHz (Arctic Cooling Accelero Xtreme IV) | 16 GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3-1600 | 120 GB Samsung 840 SSD | 1 TB Seagate HDD | Lian Li PC-9F

This screen looks very awesome. Finally a competitor to Asus on this kind of product.

Just a question, with a 780 SLI, will this be enough to run modern games a 1440P with a decent FPS ? Like 60-80 ?

CPU: i7 4790K | MB: Asus Z97-A | RAM: 32Go Hyper X Fury 1866MHz | GPU's: GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Corsair AX 850 | Storage: Vertex 3, 2x Sandisk Ultra II,Velociraptor | Case : Corsair Air 540

Mice: Steelseries Rival | KB: Corsair K70 RGB | Headset: Steelseries H wireless

This screen looks very awesome. Finally a competitor to Asus on this kind of product.

Just a question, with a 780 SLI, will this be enough to run modern games a 1440P with a decent FPS ? Like 60-80 ?

I have a 780 ti and my computer can run witcher 2 at 65 to 90 fps, i think you will have a solid 80 to 100 fps on witcher 3 at high settings on a 1440 p display.

As long as scaling is fixed, I think I'd still prefer 4k at 24 - 28".  Hopefully windows 10 scaling does fix it, but I'd prefer the pixel density being 140+ ppi just for that ridiculous level of sharpness.  40" only has ppi at around 110ppi.  xP  I like insanely high ppi.  My perfect monitor would likely be 27" 4k, 120hz, any variable sync, 4ms.  Or 34" 21:9 4k(4200-4500 or something like that), 120hz, 4ms, variable sync.  As for 40' 3840x2160 or 4096x2160 - Philips has one or two coming out, same for LG.

Am I the only one dreaming of a 40'' 8k 144hz oled  5 ms monitor ?

Canadians!

NCIX finally has the XB270HU available for back-order.

Intel i7-4771 | ASUS ROG Maximus VII Formula X97 | Corsair Vengeance Pro 2 x 8GB @ 1600MHz C9 | EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked SLI | 2 x Corsair Force GS 240GB | Corsair AX1200i | Corsair 750D | Corsair H100i

34" 4k, 21:9, 120hz, Quantum Dot, 5ms.  Given that it is cheaper for quantum dot as compared to OLED manufacturing, and they're supposedly the same xP

Can confirm. Smooth sailing here with 2 970 ftw's with a mild overclock. Only thing my memory capped out at over 3500 mb was when running ryse at 2x2 supersampling and even then I didn't have any particular bad stutters. Which still puzzles me, I figured anything over 3500 made the cards wet the bed. I suspect it allocated some of my ram, not sure. I do know that the guys at digital foundry really had to jump through some hoops to make the 970's bog down.

After watching the pcper video on how freesync and g-sync work, what would happen when you use over 3.5GB? If you were sailing around 60fps and your game used 3.6GB of your cards memory and the fps dropped, would g-sync make it not even noticeable?!?!?!? I need to know before I buy this beautiful monitor!

CPU: Intel I7 4790k @ 4.6Ghz 1.255v | GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980 Ti | Display: Acer XB270HU bprz | RAM: 16GB (4x4GB) Gskill Ripjaws X 1866MHz | CPU Cooler: H80i | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | SSD: Mushkin 120GB + Sandisk 480GB | HDD: WD Blue 1TB | Case: Enthoo Pro |PSU: Seaconic M12II EVO 850w | OS: Windows 10 64-Bit | Mouse: Logitech RGB G502 | Keyboard: Thermaltake Poseidon Z (Brown Switches) | 

8K? Why? Is your nose stuck on the screen on something?

Intel Core i9-9900K | Asrock Phantom Gaming miniITX Z390 | 32GB GSkill Trident Z DDR4@3600MHz C17 | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Watercooled | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 SSD | Crucial MX500 2TB SSD | Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 1000W | anidees AI Crystal Cube White V2 | Corsair M95 | Corsair K50 | Beyerdynamic DT770 Pros 250Ohm