Acer XB270HU Updates?

ACoffeeGuy

Currently on backorder everywhere including the Acer Store. I kinda expected this, but I hoped they would at least have planned production to meet demand.

I hate the slow trickle strategy with new product launches.

CPU i5-4690K(OC to 4.4Ghz) CPU Cooler NZXT Kraken x41 Motherboard MSI Z97 Gaming 5 Memory G.Skillz Ripjaws X 16gb 2133 Video Card MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X           Case NZXT H440 Power Supply XFX XTR 750W Modular Storage Samsung 840 EVO 250gb/Seagate Barracuda 2TB Monitor Acer XB270HU G-Sync http://pcpartpicker.com/b/3CkTwP

Still no pre-orders available in Canada. Take my money, already!

Intel i7-4771 | ASUS ROG Maximus VII Formula X97 | Corsair Vengeance Pro 2 x 8GB @ 1600MHz C9 | EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked SLI | 2 x Corsair Force GS 240GB | Corsair AX1200i | Corsair 750D | Corsair H100i

I just put an order through on the US Acer website:

http://store.acer.com/store/aceramer/en_US/pd/ThemeID.35703000/productID.314151300

Availability is unknow though, could just get me on the backorder list.

10% off discount code: SeizeTheIdea

Brought the price down to $719.10, damn good deal, not sure when this code expires

CPU i5-4690K(OC to 4.4Ghz) CPU Cooler NZXT Kraken x41 Motherboard MSI Z97 Gaming 5 Memory G.Skillz Ripjaws X 16gb 2133 Video Card MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X           Case NZXT H440 Power Supply XFX XTR 750W Modular Storage Samsung 840 EVO 250gb/Seagate Barracuda 2TB Monitor Acer XB270HU G-Sync http://pcpartpicker.com/b/3CkTwP

linus just posted a picture of the monitor on instagram so a review might come out in a week or so

Haha! Check Vessel, if you guys were any real fans of Linus, you would see that the review is already on there! It's beautiful and it made me cry!

well you can order it here https://www.alternate.de/Acer/Predator-XB270HUbprz-NVIDIA®-G-SYNC-LED-Monitor/html/product/1181210?event=search , got mine there, i didnt have any issues with them.

what annoys me the most with this screen is that i cant play bloodborne on it !!

I got it from Coolblue for the same price. It is currently sitting in the box at home while I'm at work. I have a feeling today will paas Veeeeeeeeeeery slowly knowing that :P

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

Haha! Check Vessel, if you guys were any real fans of Linus, you would see that the review is already on there! It's beautiful and it made me cry!

What you quoted was posted before vessel vid was out.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

Sidenote: This probably will be my new monitor... but I HATE that stupid orange ring on the base. I will be brainstorming mods

Kill the Machine!

I got it from Coolblue for the same price. It is currently sitting in the box at home while I'm at work. I have a feeling today will paas Veeeeeeeeeeery slowly knowing that :P

Hahaha, I'm waiting for Linus his review before I press the "In winkelmandje" button at CoolBlue :D

Let us know how much you're enjoying it, it'll give me a less bad feeling about spending €749 on a monitor :rolleyes:

CPU: i7-4770K  Cooler: NZXT X60  GPU: Asus GTX 770 2GB  MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  PSU: Be Quiet! 630 Watt  Case: NZXT H440 

Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 Evo + 1TB Seagate HDD  KeyboardCorsair K70 RGB  MouseG502 Proteus Spectrum  HeadphoneSennheiser HD598  Mic: Blue Snowball Ice

Hahaha, I'm waiting for Linus his review before I press the "In winkelmandje" button at CoolBlue :D

Let us know how much you're enjoying it, it'll give me a less bad feeling about spending €749 on a monitor :rolleyes:

As has been posted many times, linus has the review on vessel. He loves it and will be using it for gaming over the rog swift.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

As has been posted many times, linus has the review on vessel. He loves it and will be using it for gaming over the rog swift.

As has been posted by others, by waiting for Linus, I mean till he posts it on youtube.

Not everyone changed over to Vessel, I have no interest in providing my credit card details to Vessel for a "currently free subscription".

CPU: i7-4770K  Cooler: NZXT X60  GPU: Asus GTX 770 2GB  MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  PSU: Be Quiet! 630 Watt  Case: NZXT H440 

Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 Evo + 1TB Seagate HDD  KeyboardCorsair K70 RGB  MouseG502 Proteus Spectrum  HeadphoneSennheiser HD598  Mic: Blue Snowball Ice

Man.  It would make little sense, but I -really- hope that Dell releases their own AHVA/IPS 60 - 120hz G-sync / Free-sync, 27" - 34" monitors from 2560, 3440, and 3840.  Would be -extremely- nice, but not likely.  Love the look of the XB270HU's -panel-, but.. may as well wait for the 21:9 to come out.  

As has been posted by others, by waiting for Linus, I mean till he posts it on youtube.

Not everyone changed over to Vessel, I have no interest in providing my credit card details to Vessel for a "currently free subscription".

Actually, you don't have to do that. I did not enter any payment details and can watch it just fine.

Oh, and after using the monitor for a couple hours I'm already convinced this was worth it. It is so awesome to have everything look vivid and awesome AND smooth as butter :3

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

Actually, you don't have to do that. I did not enterany payment details and can watch it just fine.

Oh, and after using the monitor for a couple hours I'm already convinced this was worth it. It is so awesome to have everything look vivid and awesome AND smooth as butter :3

I want this monitor so bad. I have no idea when to expect it in AUS. hopefully soon

I just put an order through on the US Acer website:

http://store.acer.com/store/aceramer/en_US/pd/ThemeID.35703000/productID.314151300

Availability is unknow though, could just get me on the backorder list.

10% off discount code: SeizeTheIdea

Brought the price down to $719.10, damn good deal, not sure when this code expires

I can't seem to buy it through acer =\

CDW will let me order it, but they want to charge me sales tax...so eff that. 

I'm struggling just to find a retailer to buy this monitor from....1st world probs heh

I got this monitor since March 17th, if you have any questions, just ask me.

Got it for 682€ in Germany by the way (761€ - 19€ Qipu - 60€ Alternate price reduction because of light backlight bleed in the bottom right corner).

2rqlbtmvr95.jpg7dx8zlmeu9m5.jpgh1dycnj4xwr5.jpgbsf9cetr198.jpg

I really want this monitor and am waiting for it to come to Australia!

Got a backorder email from Acer yesterday. No estimate as to when they will be able to fulfill my order.

Going to wait it out as I got 10% off, saved me $80.

Got a backorder email from Acer yesterday. No estimate as to when they will be able to fulfill my order.

Going to wait it out as I got 10% off, saved me $80.

Lucky!

I ended up pre-ordering from shopblt late last night. $748 w/ free shipping, and they wont charge me till it ships. At the time I ordered, there were 39 back orders, and their inventory listed 40 units coming in from Acer. I just checked now, and they show 54 units back-ordered. If all goes well, I'll have the monitor by 4/15.

Anybody wanna buy a VG248QE  :D

I got this monitor since March 17th, if you have any questions, just ask me.

Got it for 682€ in Germany by the way (761€ - 19€ Qipu - 60€ Alternate price reduction because of light backlight bleed in the bottom right corner).

Me... wants it... now!

Do you mind making some pictures while ingame, just to see this beautiful IPS <3

Any first thoughts about this monitor already? I want juicy details :rolleyes:

Me... wants it... now!

Do you mind making some pictures while ingame, just to see this beautiful IPS <3

Any first thoughts about this monitor already? I want juicy details :rolleyes:

See if we made pictures of our screen our gave you screenshots they wouldn't look better than the monitor you look at them on :P

Just take my word for it, it be very good.

See if we made pictures of our screen our gave you screenshots they wouldn't look better than the monitor you look at them on :P

Just take my word for it, it be very good.

Pfffft now that you made me realize that, shame on you... for destroying a little boy's dreams! :D

Well I'd love to buy this monitor, but my system(my gpu) won't be able to push games on this screen to it's limit.

I can't justify it for myself to buy a new GPU after only a year just for this monitor :unsure:

Just wondering, which GPU(or GPU's) would be the minimum to be able to push games at this resolution at 144Hz on this screen?

Pfffft now that you made me realize that, shame on you... for destroying a little boy's dreams! :D

Well I'd love to buy this monitor, but my system(my gpu) won't be able to push games on this screen to it's limit.

I can't justify it for myself to buy a new GPU after only a year just for this monitor :unsure:

Just wondering, which GPU(or GPU's) would be the minimum to be able to push games at this resolution at 144Hz on this screen?

Depends. Max settings? If so then GTX 980 for 60 fps. Depends on game though. Probs 90+ fps on something like Battlefield Hardline.

Depends. Max settings? If so then GTX 980 for 60 fps. Depends on game though. Probs 90+ fps on something like Battlefield Hardline.

Figured as much, how would 970's in SLI manage? Or would the vram issue pose a problem at this resolution? Talking about current and soon to come AAA titles.

Figured as much, how would 970's in SLI manage? Or would the vram issue pose a problem at this resolution? Talking about current and soon to come AAA titles.

970s in SLI would be better, but again. depends on the game especially with this one due to SLI scaling. The VRAM would not pose an issue, 3.5GB full speed is plenty for 1440p resolution and 4K.

Man.  It would make little sense, but I -really- hope that Dell releases their own AHVA/IPS 60 - 120hz G-sync / Free-sync, 27" - 34" monitors from 2560, 3440, and 3840.  Would be -extremely- nice, but not likely.  Love the look of the XB270HU's -panel-, but.. may as well wait for the 21:9 to come out.

Any size less than 30" is not worthy of 4K - it bottlenecks it. 27" at 1440p is good enough. If you really want to see 4K at 27", u need to look at your monitor at less than 2" away. The only good monitor for 4K would be, i would say, minimum 33-inch and 40-inch id say is a sweet spot. (Yes i mean it! 40-Inch monitor - not TV!). I wonder which company will come up with such a monitor:

40-inch; 4K, ips, 144Hz, 4ms with G-sync. That would be the best...

Intel Core i9-9900K | Asrock Phantom Gaming miniITX Z390 | 32GB GSkill Trident Z DDR4@3600MHz C17 | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Watercooled | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 SSD | Crucial MX500 2TB SSD | Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 1000W | anidees AI Crystal Cube White V2 | Corsair M95 | Corsair K50 | Beyerdynamic DT770 Pros 250Ohm