Acer XB270HU Updates?

ACoffeeGuy

Any updates on the XB270HU as far as release, price, how great/not great it will be etc? Looking for a new monitor and this miiiighhht be the one, or the BenQ XL270Z, or the ROG Swift... Thoughts? Suggestions?

Kill the Machine!

It's supposedly releasing in the US at the same price as the PG278Q, $800.

The BenQ XL2730Z is a FreeSync monitor and the other two are G-SYNC, just in case you didn't realize. The BenQ won't be as compelling an option unless you don't have your graphics card yet.

I posted this in another thread... But it looks like ACER's site just updated.http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/model/UM.HB0AA.001 

$799.99

Heck! $800. That converts to AU$1,030. Quite expensive. :o

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

It's supposedly releasing in the US at the same price as the PG278Q, $800.

The BenQ XL2730Z is a FreeSync monitor and the other two are G-SYNC, just in case you didn't realize. The BenQ won't be as compelling an option unless you don't have your graphics card yet.

Ohhh I didn't see that it's FreeSync. I knew it was too good to be true lol I'm running dual 980s so it probly won't do me much good. Any thoughts on a different option?

Kill the Machine!

Any updates on the XB270HU as far as release, price, how great/not great it will be etc? Looking for a new monitor and this miiiighhht be the one, or the BenQ XL270Z, or the ROG Swift... Thoughts? Suggestions?

Here is what I would tell you. If you didn't know, the ROG Swift has something called the "pixel inversion" problem, which people wrote about in some reviews, but if you look at this review, it's motion blur! Go to "Response time" and see it.

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/acer_xb270hu.htm

I would of course suggest this monitor, not only in instead of the current Rog Swift but the next 4K Rog Swift too. Yes it is 4K, but how close do you need to sit to see the difference? Less than 2 feet away! 4K really would be beneficial on Oculus Rift, not on a monitor you look at 3+ feet away!

http://carltonbale.com/1080p-does-matter/

JJ also said that the release that is Q3-4.

Remember this is 4ms response time, or rather 5, but that's still good for an IPS 144Hz. Because the 4K ROG Swift will be 6-7ms.

If you want a high refresh rate, get this guy now, because 4K 144Hz will be at least an year or 2 away, but you will have to wait longer to reach 144Hz @ 4K. Reach those first on 1440p and then jump!

Intel Core i9-9900K | Asrock Phantom Gaming miniITX Z390 | 32GB GSkill Trident Z DDR4@3600MHz C17 | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Watercooled | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 SSD | Crucial MX500 2TB SSD | Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 1000W | anidees AI Crystal Cube White V2 | Corsair M95 | Corsair K50 | Beyerdynamic DT770 Pros 250Ohm

well i got mine 2 days ago and i love it , the only issue i have with it is switching to ulmb to gsync and to 144hz it kinda is anoying to go to settings to switch from one mode to another.

well i got mine 2 days ago and i love it , the only issue i have with it is switching to ulmb to gsync and to 144hz it kinda is anoying to go to settings to switch from one mode to another.

Can you run 144 hz and g-sync at the same time. I am going to be buying this monitor probably when it is available in the UK.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

From where did you get it and for how much?

Intel Core i9-9900K | Asrock Phantom Gaming miniITX Z390 | 32GB GSkill Trident Z DDR4@3600MHz C17 | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Watercooled | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 SSD | Crucial MX500 2TB SSD | Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 1000W | anidees AI Crystal Cube White V2 | Corsair M95 | Corsair K50 | Beyerdynamic DT770 Pros 250Ohm

Can you run 144 hz and g-sync at the same time. I am going to be buying this monitor probably when it is available in the UK.

You can run 144Hz and Gsync of course, you can't run low persistence (ULMB) and Gsync at the same time though.

i dont think you can use gsync at 144hz, i got mine from alternate.de at the price of 780 euros and i got it  in 2 days in france .

edit: you can use gsync at 144hz 

You can run 144Hz and Gsync of course, you can't run low persistence (ULMB) and Gsync at the same time though.

Does that make a noticeable difference running ULMB.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

I'd be a bit wary and perhaps hold off for a bit before ordering it. I've also had my eyes on the Acer but I keep hearing that others have had issues with their quality control on their 4K G-Sync monitor and that their customer service is appalling to work with.

Turnip OC'd to 3Hz on air

I'd be a bit wary and perhaps hold off for a bit before ordering it. I've also had my eyes on the Acer but I keep hearing that others have had issues with their quality control on their 4K G-Sync monitor and that their customer service is appalling to work with.

I have seen this also, and have been waiting on review besides TFT Central.  Ive also noticed they have an ebay store selling their re-manufactured ones (4k and 1080p G-Sync).  http://www.ebay.com/itm/251767532999?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT(40 sold)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261660048351?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT(44 sold)

Seems like a high fault rate.

I have seen this also, and have been waiting on review besides TFT Central.  Ive also noticed they have an ebay store selling their re-manufactured ones (4k and 1080p G-Sync).  http://www.ebay.com/itm/251767532999?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT(40 sold)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261660048351?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT(44 sold)

Seems like a high fault rate.

If it means anything, I have an old 120Hz monitor from Acer (the first generation of 120Hz monitors) and it still works. It has horrible backlight bleed, it is actually horrible but it works and while I don't use it anymore I haven't noticed dead pixels or anything on it. I've heard pretty bad things about their laptops though, maybe build quality is not their forte.

i dont think you can use gsync at 144hz, i got mine from alternate.de at the price of 780 euros and i got it  in 2 days in france .

edit: you can use gsync at 144hz 

can we see any photos of this majestic display? i hope to have my hands on it soon

I watched it the minute it came out and I want one.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

Ordered mine over here, only available for pre-order at 749 Euros. I figured I don't want to wait in line so might as well, I don't think it'll drop in price any time soon.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

can we see any photos of this majestic display? i hope to have my hands on it soon

yea , sure 

IMG 0045

Ordered mine over here, only available for pre-order at 749 Euros. I figured I don't want to wait in line so might as well, I don't think it'll drop in price any time soon.

well you can order it here https://www.alternate.de/Acer/Predator-XB270HUbprz-NVIDIA®-G-SYNC-LED-Monitor/html/product/1181210?event=search , got mine there, i didnt have any issues with them.

what annoys me the most with this screen is that i cant play bloodborne on it !!

It looks...so cheap. It's all glossy and shit. Can't wrap my head around this. It's utterly perfect, exactly what I want/need and more, if it just  weren't for the looks. 

It looks...so cheap. It's all glossy and shit. Can't wrap my head around this. It's utterly perfect, exactly what I want/need and more, if it just  weren't for the looks. 

that s why i bought a k95 rgb with my screen so that people dont look at how my monitor looks ^^ . I m sure that the next ultrawide from acer 1440p 144hz gsync will have the same look too .

that s why i bought a k95 rgb with my screen so that people dont look at how my monitor looks ^^ . I m sure that the next ultrawide from acer 1440p 144hz gsync will have the same look too .

I totally get that. If it weren't for the price tag I'd happily repaint it, remove the badge and replace the stand. But you know, it shouldn't be like this,