Build Help and General Reccomendations

Hello, I'm looking to create my first computer from scratch, and I figured this would be a pretty good place to ask for help, I already have the basis of my build determined, but I'm 100% open to changing something around, as you can see from my current build, I don't exactly have a huge budget, and my goal is to play games for at least 4 more years on high settings. Another note, I am going to be sticking with a nVidea based GPU, i've had nothing but bad experiences with AMD based cards in the past. Anyways, without further ado, my planned build, http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/M6qKbv

Another note, as I never mentioned, my budget is $1700 Canadian

I think it looks fine, except I would get a bigger PSU, something like a 750-100W just in case you want to upgrade in the future. Also that SSD you chose is EXPENSIVE! I got a 250gb Samsung 840 Evo for $70.

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600 Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: 32Gb DDR4  GPU(s): MSI 6800-XT Case: NZXT H440 Storage: 4x 250gb SSD + 2TB HDD PSU: Corsair RM850x with CableMod Displays: 1 x Asus ROG Swift And 3 x 24" 1080p Cooling: H100i Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB Sound: AKG 553 Operating System: Windows 10

Current PC: 

http://i.imgur.com/ubYSO3f.jpg          http://i.imgur.com/xhpDcqd.jpg

Another note, as I never mentioned, my budget is $1700 Canadian

I suggest getting a cheaper SSD

Other than that it is a pretty good build

With a 980 you can max out any game in the market at 1440p so you dont have to worry about the near future. Your budget is actually pretty high as the price/performance ratio starts to fail after $1500

Im so patriotic, I piss red white and blue. My doctor told me it was pancreatic cancer, I told him to SHUT HIS COMMIE MOUTH.

-A shotgun wielding redneck

I think it looks fine, except I would get a bigger PSU, something like a 750-100W just in case you want to upgrade in the future. Also that SSD you chose is EXPENSIVE! I got a 250gb Samsung 840 Evo for $70.

It's almost the cheapest one available to me afaik, as a comparison, the 250gb Samsung 840 Evo on that site is $129.99, it's expensive living in Canada.. 

It's almost the cheapest one available to me afaik, as a comparison, the 250gb Samsung 840 Evo on that site is $129.99, it's expensive living in Canada.. 

Oh that's why :/ but I would still get a bigger PSU in case you want do go overboard and do SLI 980.

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600 Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: 32Gb DDR4  GPU(s): MSI 6800-XT Case: NZXT H440 Storage: 4x 250gb SSD + 2TB HDD PSU: Corsair RM850x with CableMod Displays: 1 x Asus ROG Swift And 3 x 24" 1080p Cooling: H100i Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB Sound: AKG 553 Operating System: Windows 10

Current PC: 

http://i.imgur.com/ubYSO3f.jpg          http://i.imgur.com/xhpDcqd.jpg

Oh that's why :/ but I would still get a bigger PSU in case you want do go overboard and do SLI 980.

Sounds good, I'll definitely do a PSU upgrade, it'll pay eventually to have all those extra watts

ASRock Pro3 doesn't support SLI

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Nepton 240M 76.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($113.50 @ Vuugo) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($149.99 @ NCIX) 
Storage: Kingston Fury 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($70.82 @ DirectCanada) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($58.98 @ DirectCanada) 
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 980 4GB Twin Frozr Video Card  ($678.98 @ DirectCanada) 
Case: Cooler Master N600 Windowed ATX Mid Tower Case  ($99.98 @ Newegg Canada) 
Power Supply: Thermaltake 750W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($107.47 @ DirectCanada) 
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer  ($18.98 @ DirectCanada) 
Total: $1658.18
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-03-20 16:39 EDT-0400

Maybe consider this instead.

ASRock Pro3 doesn't support SLI

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Nepton 240M 76.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($113.50 @ Vuugo) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($149.99 @ NCIX) 
Storage: Kingston Fury 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($70.82 @ DirectCanada) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($58.98 @ DirectCanada) 
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 980 4GB Twin Frozr Video Card  ($678.98 @ DirectCanada) 
Case: Cooler Master N600 Windowed ATX Mid Tower Case  ($99.98 @ Newegg Canada) 
Power Supply: Thermaltake 750W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($107.47 @ DirectCanada) 
Total: $1658.18
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-03-20 16:39 EDT-0400

Maybe consider this instead.

That seems pretty solid, I'm not sure i'll change my build completely, but I might swap the motherboard and the case with something different

CPU Cooler: Phanteks PH-TC14PE_BK 78.1 CFM CPU Cooler  ($98.93 @ Amazon Canada) 

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SLI ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($134.99 @ NCIX) 

Storage: Crucial MX100 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($129.98 @ DirectCanada) 

Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980 4GB WINDFORCE 3X Video Card  ($661.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro ATX Full Tower Case  ($129.99 @ NCIX) 

Total: $1707.30

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-03-20 16:44 EDT-0400

That seems pretty solid, I'm not sure i'll change my build completely, but I might swap the motherboard and the case with something different

So long as it supports SLI then the mobo should be ok. The case you wanted originally is quite expensive. The PSU I changed to is somewhat more reputable than the RM, thanks to the OEM.

So this is my modified system build, I didn't really want to change the power supply from what Demons Wrath recommended, but I wanted the fully modular capabilities of the one I chose, anyway, here's the new link, http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/fBCJZL

So this is my modified system build, I didn't really want to change the power supply from what Demons Wrath recommended, but I wanted the fully modular capabilities of the one I chose, anyway, here's the new link, http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/fBCJZL

Don't buy a PSU simply because it's fully modular, buy it because it's a good psu from a good OEM.

Don't buy a PSU simply because it's fully modular, buy it because it's a good psu from a good OEM.

That's a good point, I suppose I will go for your recommendation. I'll be sure to include an update and a build log when I get around to purchasing the parts to my build

That's a good point, I suppose I will go for your recommendation. I'll be sure to include an update and a build log when I get around to purchasing the parts to my build

The Rosewill Capstone has the better OEM in SuperFlower.