can someone recommend a monitor

applepsp

a good 2560 x 1440 monitor to me because i want to get one for my pc when i build it

any help is much appreciated oh and try and keep the cost down under €400

Have you taken a look at those Korean monitors on eBay? They use the same panels as Apple does but they can be a lot cheaper.

Dell U2713HM should fit your budget or close to it, if you shop arround.

-> Non-glossy anywhere

-> High build quality

-> True 8-bit panel for gorgeous colors, powered by an 8-bit color process and 8-bit Look Up Table to kick ass.

-> Comes with a factory pre-calibrated sRGB color profile, once you plug in your monitor, on the monitor menu and select sRGB color profile, and you are done for the best colors

-> DisplayPort, DVI, and VGA D-Sub), HDMI

-> 4x port USB 3.0 powered hub

-> 3 year warranty

-> 0 bright pixel warranty

-> 6 dead or more dead pixel warranty, with no zones or distance.

-> If you need to RMA it, you get to keep your monitor while Dell ships you the replacement monitor, you just swap them, and in teh box you'll notice a pre-paid shipping label (Dell pays shipping BOTH direction), just stick over the old one, and call the appropriate mail carrier to come and pick it up. Easy as pie.

-> Unlike the cheap Korean monitor on eBay, you actually have a warranty, no propitiatory power adapter, and it's not a panel directly connected to DVI, which leads to no control on the monitor beside 5 to 8 brightness levels, and compatibility problem with some graphic cards.

You should also try to call Dell to order, you can sometimes negotiate a lower price with them.

If that monitor is over your budget, check out the the Dell U2711, it's an old model about to be discountinued and replaced with the U2713M (not U2713HM). So, the price is all time low. It's a better monitor than the one I suggested, but it could be cheaper for you. The only downside it has, is that the screen anti-glare is strong, which might annoy some people that aren't used to non-glossy screen. But, usually iuf you have the monitor at about an arm length away from you, and you have the screen brightness set properly (not too bright where you eyes burns), it should not bug you. Oh and you can't put the monitor in portrait like the U2713M and U2713HM can. So definitely worth a look.