Congratulations guys. You definately deserve it, I probably wouldn't even have been able to build my own pc that I'm typing this message on right now. Keep doing what you are doing and you'll hit 2 million subscribers in no time.

had to get the violins out at the end, it brought a tear to my eye 

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

Great to see LTT pushing forward to make the best computing videos on youtube (or wherever they will be in the future)!  :)

I5-8600K - GTX 1080 - 16GB RAM - 1.5TB SSD

I want everything pink

Linus,

You and the guys are awesome you deserve this. It was actually cool to see you get a little choked up. I am sure it will come with some ribbing, but it shows you care about the channel. Congrats guys.

P.S. you can't pay in graphics cards but you could help a brother out.

Hey you can put this at your new scene when you move to the new office (really it shows the achievements of LinusTechTips)

pOG

Yay! Huge thingys!!!

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

Awesome video. You guys are amazing, I have learned more from you than I ever could in a textbook. I'll always be thankful for that and do what I can to support you guys.

I totally understand both sides in the YouTube problem and a system that alerts you on a video would be great.

I wouldn't have a problem with you moving to another platform as long as you make 3 things sure:

1.chromecast and mobile support should be given, especially the first one is an important feature for me

2.if you want to be payed directly than make sure we are able to not only pay you with a credit card, cause here in Germany not everybody has one. also don't make it over 3€ a month I don't want to pay you more than netflix :D

3.stay as you are. I wish that you can keep the quality of your videos up while having enough money to live

Desktop Build Log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/486571-custom-wooden-case-with-lighting/#entry6529892

thinkpad l450, i5-5200u, 8gb ram, 1080p ips, 250gb samsung ssd, fingerprint reader, 72wh battery <3, mx master, motorola lapdock as secound screen

Please quote if you want me to respond and marking as solved is always appreciated.

I totally understand both sides in the YouTube problem and a system that alerts you on a video would be great.

I wouldn't have a problem with you moving to another platform as long as you make 3 things sure:

1.chromecast and mobile support should be given, especially the first one is an important feature for me

2.if you want to be payed directly than make sure we are able to not only pay you with a credit card, cause here in Germany not everybody has one. also don't make it over 3€ a month I don't want to pay you more than netflix :D

3.stay as you are. I wish that you can keep the quality of your videos up while having enough money to live

He mentioned during a WAN-show that he'll still be around on YouTube. He said something among the lines of that you cannot deny the wide-mass reach that YouTube has.

Congratulations of achieving new  milestone, looking forward to more quality content. Best of luck to linus media group!!

<Pedantic>

It actually takes more than 1 million people to click the 'subscribe' button as there's no way everyone that clicks it doesn't click it again to unsub.

</Pedantic>

It's been quite the ride Linus. I actually watched a 2 year old video the other day (CM Storm Quickfire TK keyboard) which was amusing to look back in time again (happens now and then).

Please try to be MORE open, transparent and honest. That's what I've appreciated over the years but it's hard to remain so the larger organisations get.

Good luck for the next few years gents (and hopefully at some point ladies (sexist mofos /s)), hopefully you won't be reliant SO MUCH on third parties in the coming years. Roll on Decentralized video distribution for this :)

CPU: FX 6300 @ stock Mobo: Gigabyte 990FX UD5 v3.0 GPU: 1 x R9 290 4GB RAM: 24GB DDR3 1600 SSD: Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB HDD: 1 x 1TB & 1 x 500GB PSU: BeQuiet PowerZone 1000W Case: Coolermaster Elite 370 (upside down due to lack of stick thermal pads for memory heatsinks) CPU Cooler: Thermalright Ultra Extreme 120 GPU Coolers: Thermalright HR03-GT Fans: 5 x Akasa Apache Blacks, 1 x Corsair 120mm SP HP (GPU) & 1 x Noctua 92mm
Most of this was from mining rig, hence the scewy specs (especially PSU)

Oddly Linus didn't say "shiny" in this video :P

Details separate people.

You've really come a long way, i remember about 3 years ago that i would watch only your case unboxings but now i watch every single video and still want moar xD

Congrats on the button, it looks awesome!

Oh man the feels. I just wanted to give Linus a bear hug lol. Can't wait to see what else you guys have up your sleeve, also once that office space is done. Keep at it guys, I'm always here to support!

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

Good job Linus (and the rest of the crew)! I've watched your videos for quite a while now, and it's not just to nerdgasm about tech, but to see your awesome videos, how you're doing, and especially, just get a nice laugh. You have a great sense of humor and that definitely improves the quality of your videos. Keep on making killer YouTube videos, as you'll be to two million in the snap of a finger, and it won't stop there. Things only get better in the future. Great job Linus, I'm proud of you.

I really don´t know for how long I´m watching these videos now. But it is definitely for a very very long time now, even if this is my first post on this forum. Yes SHAME on me....

I just want to say thank you, thank you for delivering these videos every day, thank you for making me smile about Linus "great" jokes and for everything else. 

I cannot even think of a day not watching a Linus Video. No I can´t imagine that. Linus and his awesome team is now for a very long time part of my daily life.

So I want to say “Thank you for the great time and I´m very exciting, what the future will bring!”

I would be glad to help on Patreon, if you had one. I'm sure it could help paying a couple of employees.

What video was this scene from https://youtu.be/bkPrrCRJYog?t=4m7sat 4:07 in this video?

| NZXT H440 | AOC e2450Swd, AOC 2436V, RCA 42" LED TV | AMD 8320E | ASUS M5A97 R2.0 |MSI GeForce GTX 960 Titanium OC 4GB | Corsair CX 750 | 3 TB WD Green and PNY XLR8 240GB SSD | Windows 10 Pro | Ramaxel RMR5030ME68F9F1600 - 4GBx2 |Logitech G710+|Logitech G502 | Astro A40 | Blue Snowball Ice |

It's amazing how Youtube is always figuring out ways to inadvertently screw over the people that are making them money.  Either way, great job you guys!  I watch almost every video, and I enjoy all of them.

Great job guys!!! Although, I think you guys deserve more than a fancy (but stupid) gold framed button! How about a bonus for reaching that many subs!

I don't think the word shiny was mentioned at all, so disappointing...

...well, I suppose a "well done" or "good job" is in order...

Good job and well done LMG!