They said I'd never all of my 32gb of RAM...

megadarkwood

goml m90

fdDCZXi.png

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

O...kay?  Good for you?

My life is consumed by CS:GO, even though I'm not exceptionally good at it.

CPU: AMD A10-5800K | GPU: Gigabyte R9 270 2GB | RAM: 8GB 1333Mhz HyperX Blu | Storage: 120GB Samsung 850 EVO + 1TB WD Caviar Blue | Chassis: NZXT H230 | Mobo: Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-HD3 | PSU: Corsair CX500 500W | Cooling: CM Hyper 212 EVO | OS: Windows 10
In order of priority: GTX 970 Strix, 2 good 1080p monitors, i5 4690k, MSI Z97 Gaming 5 LGA 1150, a job

Because editing can use a lot of RAM if it's available. You don't need it though.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

Because editing can use a lot of RAM if it's available. You don't need it though.

This. 

Most programs will utilize as much RAm as possible/available. Doesn't mean that you're legitimately needing 32GB ram

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

O...kay?  Good for you?

fighting the h8ers

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

you do know that 16gbs is plenty right?

Cpu:

Intel i5 4460 Motherboard:Msi Z97S Sli krait Ram:HyperX Fury White (2x4) Storage:Seagate 1tb/Samsung 850 Evo 120gb Gpu:Gtx 960 2gb sc Case:S340 Black Psu:Corsair Rm 650w 80+ Gold certified

My anime list : http://myanimelist.net/animelist/KRImSIN

No. To quote what we always say: You don't need 32GB of RAM unless you're doing very intensive things... such as: Video editing, streaming (in extreme cases), 3d work, VM host machine.

nope.

No. To quote what we always say: You don't need 32GB of RAM unless you're doing very intensive things... such as: Video editing, streaming (in extreme cases), 3d work, VM host machine.

I never said you NEED it.

As my boss would say "Who's THEY"?

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

fighting the h8ers

1v1 me m9 I will fukkin rek u wit my 1337 360n0sc0pe skillz m90 get shrekkd

sorry for shitpost

My life is consumed by CS:GO, even though I'm not exceptionally good at it.

CPU: AMD A10-5800K | GPU: Gigabyte R9 270 2GB | RAM: 8GB 1333Mhz HyperX Blu | Storage: 120GB Samsung 850 EVO + 1TB WD Caviar Blue | Chassis: NZXT H230 | Mobo: Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-HD3 | PSU: Corsair CX500 500W | Cooling: CM Hyper 212 EVO | OS: Windows 10
In order of priority: GTX 970 Strix, 2 good 1080p monitors, i5 4690k, MSI Z97 Gaming 5 LGA 1150, a job

Well the screenshot still shows you have 4GB free :')

Also, not to be a hater, but you really paired up an FX 8150 with 32GB of RAM? Not what I'd have spent my money on but okay :P Lastly, why is your RAM only running at 1066? Is it not supposed to be 1600MHz RAM?

This. 

Most programs will utilize as much RAm as possible/available. Doesn't mean that you're legitimately needing 32GB ram

Ok .. simple question

What data do they fill that RAM with? Just random junk?

What you said is not true at all.

Software will use as much memory as it is programmed to use. It will not take up memory unless it is instructed to take up memory. Every bit that is used is used for a reason.

Ok .. simple question

What data do they fill that RAM with? Just random junk?

What you said is not true at all.

Software will use as much memory as it is programmed to use. It will not take up memory unless it is instructed to take up memory. Every bit that is used is used for a reason.

Then how is it that you can render the same video on a laptop with 8GB of ram and only use 6GB, and when i go to my pc with 16GB of ram i use 12GB? It spreads the data so it's easier to access (or something like that, i believe it was a Techquickie or maybe just an episode of the wan show or soemthing) 

Someone please take this over?

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

Well the screenshot still shows you have 4GB free :')

Also, not to be a hater, but you really paired up an FX 8150 with 32GB of RAM? Not what I'd have spent my money on but okay :P Lastly, why is your RAM only running at 1066? Is it not supposed to be 1600MHz RAM?

Ram speed i think is a chipset limitation and I got the CPU/mobo/ram for free

Then how is it that you can render the same video on a laptop with 8GB of ram and only use 6GB, and when i go to my pc with 16GB of ram i use 12GB? It spreads the data so it's easier to access (or something like that, i believe it was a Techquickie or maybe just an episode of the wan show or soemthing) 

Someone please take this over?

Because it has more to work with so it does, also, you most likely allocated more on your PC since you have more.

Ram speed i think is a chipset limitation and I got the CPU/mobo/ram for free

Fair play, but I do think you should switch to an Intel platform at some point in the future if you're serious about video rendering :)

Fair play, but I do think you should switch to an Intel platform at some point in the future if you're serious about video rendering :)

8cores m80

also, I am going to be getting an i5 and matx motherboard OR a am3+ matx motherboard soon. so its possible i'll be on the intel side soon.

Meh, Chrome can eat all my ram.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

8cores m80

also, I am going to be getting an i5 and matx motherboard OR a am3+ matx motherboard soon. so its possible i'll be on the intel side soon.

I've got a Hyperthreaded quad core but I'm preeeetty sure it'll edge out your 8 cores m8 ;)

Then it again it does cost twice as much :P

This thread is pointless... I can use a terabyte of RAM if I tried hard enough.... 

The point of not needing it is that on a everyday basis you dont have to deal with a frozen computer because you ran out of RAM. Not that you told a program to use all of your RAM and put yourself in that situation on purpose when it clearly doesnt help you get work done much faster...

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

I would love to have 32GB, adobe after effects is a RAM Whore.

CPU: Intel i7-8700k 5GHz @ 1.35v | Cooling: EK Predator 360 | MotherBoard: ASUS z370-E | RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 32gb 3200MHz (4 x 8GB) | GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 TI OC

Case: Rosewill Blackhawk Ultra Modded side panel | SSD: Samsung 512gb 960 Pro | HDDS: 3TB Segate 7200rpm / 4TB HGST 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA G3 1000w | Display:ASUS VG248QE 24" / HP 25" 2511x / SAMSUNG 35" TV

Ex HDD: 3TB WD MyBook USB 3.0 | Keyboard: Rosewill MX Blue / Corsair K70 Red | Mouse: Logitech G602 | OS: Windows 10 64-bit Home Premium

I've got a Hyperthreaded quad core but I'm preeeetty sure it'll edge out your 8 cores m8 ;)

Then it again it does cost twice as much :P

Yes, your CPU blows his out of the water, you pay for what you get and you paid more.

CPU: Intel i7-8700k 5GHz @ 1.35v | Cooling: EK Predator 360 | MotherBoard: ASUS z370-E | RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 32gb 3200MHz (4 x 8GB) | GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 TI OC

Case: Rosewill Blackhawk Ultra Modded side panel | SSD: Samsung 512gb 960 Pro | HDDS: 3TB Segate 7200rpm / 4TB HGST 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA G3 1000w | Display:ASUS VG248QE 24" / HP 25" 2511x / SAMSUNG 35" TV

Ex HDD: 3TB WD MyBook USB 3.0 | Keyboard: Rosewill MX Blue / Corsair K70 Red | Mouse: Logitech G602 | OS: Windows 10 64-bit Home Premium