Great video as always LinusTech

I can definitely see uses for this phone, like for my grandparents. If only they didn't already pick up Galaxy S5's

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Thanks a lot, linus! Always look forward to your videos!

Nice Vid!

I do like that the 'micro' video is still 6 and a half minutes long though

Interested in Moto's range of phones, but, y'know austax.

While I thought the "Micro-Review" was a bit lacking in length (duh), I think it could be great to review something you don't have much to cover, like earbuds or a small little gadget that doesn't do much. 

As for the Moto E, I thought maybe it would have been nice if you gave us some actual useful information regarding the performance on the thing, like some in-game benchmarks or something like that.

Oh, and thanks niiick...? Oh, okay. Thanks, @LinusTech!

Again "Take a breath."?

That was in yesterdays vido too.

But thanks Nick!

Thanks Nick, Shit I mean Linus.

I know Linus doesn't like value oriented products but this "review" is kinda lacking.  It's just not thorough enough IMO.

lol I just realized the last 2 minutes of your 6:30 long video has nothing to do with the phone

I'm proposing little competition: guess who laughed at 4:39 in background :)

I think that spending another $20 to get the moto g even it means sacrificing 4g lte. Or we can wait and see for the various asus zenfone models. I think the old moto e at $130 made more sence than the 2015 at $150

My Rig  

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kGNksY

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($379.00 @ shopRBC) 

CPU Cooler: RAIJINTEK THEMIS 65.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ NCIX) 

Motherboard: MSI CSM-H87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($78.83 @ DirectCanada) 

Memory: Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($139.99 @ Memory Express) 

Storage: Kingston Fury 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($71.34 @ DirectCanada) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($92.95 @ Vuugo) 

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card  ($298.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($125.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($66.99 @ NCIX) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($116.00 @ shopRBC) 

Case Fan: Cougar Turbine 120 (4-Pack) 60.4 CFM 120mm  Fans  ($23.99 @ NCIX) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Keyboard: Logitech G710 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($114.99 @ NCIX) 

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse  ($76.99 @ Amazon Canada) 

Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Pro Headset  ($78.98 @ DirectCanada) 

Total: $2074.22

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-10 15:33 EDT-0400Build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/303263-the-dell-from-hell/#entry4121100 

Phone Compassion Spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EN6s426gyxqPloIqT4wQ7Y7yovkkQy_5B3djVN-N-R8/edit#gid=0

Gta V Pc Online Crew http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/344773-unofficial-linus-tech-tips-gta-v-crew-pc/

I don't really comment much on videos like this but WHY are there 2 minutes of straight advertisements in a 6.5 minute video (not to mention the 20 second introduction). I'm not trying to be bitchy and I understand that you guys have to make a living, but inundating videos with LONG ads like this isn't the way to go, it just turns users away. I can deal with it in longer format videos like the whole room water cooling, because i'm getting more content per ad minute, but almost 40% of a video being ads? No thanks. 

I realize that you've been using this phone for a while to make your review more valid, but you guys should dust/clean your products before creating B-roll.

cddc10d416.png

Ew.

First thing you should do after picking up this phone: disable audio effects in the settings.

Why is SpongeBob the main character when Patrick is the star?

Another poor review. Linus provides no proof to back up his claims. There are no pictures that show the poor low light performance. He doesn't talk about how much battery he has left after a day of "heavy usage" which he also doesn't define. He doesn't talk about call quality either. Doesn't talk about if the phone can drive headphones adequately. I'm sure I'm missing some stuff, but this review was so poor it's sad. I guess since this is a "micro review", some of those details can be skipped, but some of them such as call quality still needs to be included.

Another poor review. Linus provides no proof to back up his claims. There are no pictures that show the poor low light performance. He doesn't talk about how much battery he has left after a day of "heavy usage" which he also doesn't define. He doesn't talk about call quality either. Doesn't talk about if the phone can drive headphones adequately. I'm sure I'm missing some stuff, but this review was so poor it's sad. I guess since this is a "micro review", some of those details can be skipped, but some of them such as call quality still needs to be included.

While you have a good point, he isn't lying about picture quality, the camera is NOT good on the Moto E.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Android/comments/2x62yt/i_have_a_moto_e_2015_fire_away_with_any_questions/coxh1pu

The Moto G 2013 outclasses it EASILY and that is a a phone that is over a year older.

While you have a good point, he isn't lying about picture quality, the camera is NOT good on the Moto E.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Android/comments/2x62yt/i_have_a_moto_e_2015_fire_away_with_any_questions/coxh1pu

The Moto G 2013 outclasses it EASILY and that is a a phone that is over a year older.

Yea, but it'll be nice to know why it is bad. He said the camera was poor for the Droid Turbo and included pictures to prove it, however for this phone there's no proof at all or a way for the viewer to quantify it in anyway without doing some research. I know Motorola practically forced him to do a review on this phone, but he should have been more thorough with the review. As far as I know, he just read a review of the phone online and just paraphrased it in a video.