'Macro' keypad

Guest andyysplash

So I've been looking at the K95 RGB for a while now, but the price is a little ridiculous and I'm thinking I might just go with the K70 or maybe even a completely different keyboard (though I'm not sure what). My problem is I'd really like the macro functionality the K95 offers and was wondering if there were any keypads out there that I could hook up and bind macros to...

I know about gamepads like the Razer Orbweaver, but was wondering if there was anything else out there. Maybe a standalone numpad that could be bound to macros, or maybe a kit for custom building one.

I don't know if it'll be any cheaper than a K95, and if it isn't then that's not an issue because I'll be able to get the K70 first and save up for the keypad solution.

So I've been looking at the K95 RGB for a while now, but the price is a little ridiculous and I'm thinking I might just go with the K70 or maybe even a completely different keyboard (though I'm not sure what). My problem is I'd really like the macro functionality the K95 offers and was wondering if there were any keypads out there that I could hook up and bind macros to...

I know about gamepads like the Razer Orbweaver, but was wondering if there was anything else out there. Maybe a standalone numpad that could be bound to macros, or maybe a kit for custom building one.

I don't know if it'll be any cheaper than a K95, and if it isn't then that's not an issue because I'll be able to get the K70 first and save up for the keypad solution.

20 dollars more expensive is ridiculous?

Are you hoping to get a numpad for less than 20 dollars?

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

I know that the Razer solution comes with mechanical switches, which is nice. If you don't like razer greens, I believe last year's model comes with the more standard cherry mx blues. If you don't consider mechanical buttons to be a must, then the logitech g13(?) would make a fine solution.

it cost me $100 to make my diy numpad so good luck to him lol

K95 RGB to K70 RGB was more than £20, so definitely more than $20, and I'm more likely to go non-RGB if I go K70 which would further increase the price difference. Plus the K95 RGB's gone up in price. Originally the K70 was £100ish and the K95 RGB was £160 with everything else fitting within that. Now the K95 RGB is much closer to £200, and that sort of difference in £ is plenty more than in $.

If it is more expensive then I can do them one at a time which would help with my money situation and mean I could have the keyboard earlier.

I know that the Razer solution comes with mechanical switches, which is nice. If you don't like razer greens, I believe last year's model comes with the more standard cherry mx blues. If you don't consider mechanical buttons to be a must, then the logitech g13(?) would make a fine solution.

Mechanical isn't a must unless you're suggesting I use the gamepad solely for gaming (wasd, 1-9 etc. as well as macros).

it cost me $100 to make my diy numpad so good luck to him lol

Yeah...figured DIY would be expensive. I guess there's no real way out of the insane price for the K95 RGB. Damn brand name + shipping + extra taxes (because why the fuck not? :P)

snip

Where do you live? In the US the k70 is 170 and the k95 is 190.

Free shipping and no tax also.

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

Where do you live? In the US the k70 is 170 and the k95 is 190.

Free shipping and no tax also.

UK. So basically substitute the $ and £ signs and you have about the price we pay (irrespective of exchange rates)