GeForce Titan X owners club *update*

1200 euro ... ill have to sell a kidney

Let's agree to disagree

Boost in complete stock was 1303MHz and I run them at 1432MHz boost (both cards are linked) in 3D Mark without thermal throttling but the cooler is then at its absolut limits and can´t take anymore beating. It´s getting annoyingly loud. So next we, when I have my full cover waterblocks here the game will change big time. Then with a modded BIOS and amazing temps I see what I can do with these babies.

But even with the stock coolers, don´t be mistaken on the crazy power output of these cards. They might be loud and not fully enabled yet, but still kick ass in 4K so amazing, that I can´t get enough of seeing those babies perform :D.!

Would you be willing to post some 4k gaming benchmarks. I would love to see bf4, crysis, and metro last light. Thank you!

I really wish there was some resale value in my 290x, i'd hop on the upgrade train right now...I'd get a titan X if the lightning were able to sell for anything close to it's original 800 dollar MSRP...

You must have bought them when they were being used to mine bitcoins and such. They had a  huge over inflation of price at one point. But.... You can sell them for $275 used. How much money do you think the Titan owners lost, when the 780ti beat it in benchmarks?

Titan's might be the fastest card but people...learn your lesson from the 1st Gen Titan. No card is the fastest GPU forever and then it's value tanks. The cards that hold up better are the cards like the 980. It won't be dropping in price THAT much. I'd have said the 970 but with VRAMgate...people were already selling them used on Ebay after 3 months.

Spending 1k or more on 1 GPU is so ridiculous....it just feeds a bad trend. If no one bought it, Nvidia couldn't get away with it again. The card at best is worth $700. It scores approx. 50% better than the GTX 770 but costs 5x more than I paid right now for mine used @ $237.

Most people don't even look up to the bragging rights of the Titan anymore.... they LOL@ how much  $$$ you wasted. So even if I was rich beyond belief...I wouldn't buy it on principle alone. That's just me though.

No one has beaten my ultra or extreme score yet with a Titan X. Wth guys? Do I really need to beat my own scores? :)

On a side note my X99 Soc is dead so I'm out of the game till my champion arrives next week

Core I7 5960X / Gigabyte X99 SOC Force / Kingston 16GB DDR4 3000 / EVGA GTX 980 Classified's In Quad SLI / EVGA 1600W G2

Core I7 6700K / Asus Z170 Maximus VIII Hero / Corsair 16GB DDR4 3000 / MSI R9 290X Lightning / EVGA 1600W T2

You must have bought them when they were being used to mine bitcoins and such. They had a  huge over inflation of price at one point. But.... You can sell them for $275 used. How much money do you think the Titan owners lost, when the 780ti beat it in benchmarks?

Titan's might be the fastest card but people...learn your lesson from the 1st Gen Titan. No card is the fastest GPU forever and then it's value tanks. The cards that hold up better are the cards like the 980. It won't be dropping in price THAT much. I'd have said the 970 but with VRAMgate...people were already selling them used on Ebay after 3 months.

Spending 1k or more on 1 GPU is so ridiculous....it just feeds a bad trend. If no one bought it, Nvidia couldn't get away with it again. The card at best is worth $700. It scores approx. 50% better than the GTX 770 but costs 5x more than I paid right now for mine used @ $237.

Most people don't even look up to the bragging rights of the Titan anymore.... they LOL@ how much  $$$ you wasted. So even if I was rich beyond belief...I wouldn't buy it on principle alone. That's just me though.

You are speaking from a point of view of a consumer. Sorry people like me a prosumers. I don´t care about price to performance ratio. I try to avoid overkills, that´s why I bought 2 of the cards, but I want the best possible experience for 4K I can get. And weather you, or any body that complains about the price, like that or not the Ttitan X is the best card for 4K, period. You can look into the LTT 3D Mark thread, see benchmarks and read a conclusion from me :).

No one has beaten my ultra or extreme score yet with a Titan X. Wth guys? Do I really need to beat my own scores? :)

On a side note my X99 Soc is dead so I'm out of the game till my champion arrives next week

Well I walked already over your FS score and the rest follows next week :).

Damn :( that sucks. What happened, is the 5960X fine??

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

You are speaking from a point of view of a consumer. Sorry people like me a prosumers. I don´t care about price to performance ratio. I try to avoid overkills, that´s why I bought 2 of the cards, but I want the best possible experience for 4K I can get. And weather you, or any body that complains about the price, like that or not the Ttitan X is the best card for 4K, period. You can look into the LTT 3D Mark thread, see benchmarks and read a conclusion from me :).

Well I walked already over your FS score and the rest follows next week :).

Damn :( that sucks. What happened, is the 5960X fine??

Dude I don't know what the hell happened. I moved the computer and now it won't boot into Windows. I keep getting a Irq is less than and a ntfs file system errors. I'm going to try and reinstall Windows but otherwise I'm freaking clueless

Core I7 5960X / Gigabyte X99 SOC Force / Kingston 16GB DDR4 3000 / EVGA GTX 980 Classified's In Quad SLI / EVGA 1600W G2

Core I7 6700K / Asus Z170 Maximus VIII Hero / Corsair 16GB DDR4 3000 / MSI R9 290X Lightning / EVGA 1600W T2

Would you be willing to post some 4k gaming benchmarks. I would love to see bf4, crysis, and metro last light. Thank you!

Well I can do for sure some 4K game benchmarks but I do not have either of that games ;). I can benchmarks other stuff though like Dragon Age : Inqusition or StarCitizen.

I used to have the Asus PB287Q but today I decided to go to MicroCenter and buy the Acer Predator 4K G-Sync, because I wanted G-Sync so bad with 4K and the RoG Swift 4K seems to be delayed until further note from Asus...

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

Well I can do for sure some 4K game benchmarks but I do not have either of that games ;). I can benchmarks other stuff though like Dragon Age : Inqusition or StarCitizen.

I used to have the Asus PB287Q but today I decided to go to MicroCenter and buy the Acer Predator 4K G-Sync, because I wanted G-Sync so bad with 4K and the RoG Swift 4K seems to be delayed until further note from Asus...

Cool thank you! A lot of the benchmarks I have seen from the different youtube channels have differed quite a bit from each other. Its quite confusing.

I'll likely be including 780 SLI vs Titan X benchmarks as well, also at 4K.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Buying the Titans like they are going out of business affects not only the "prosumer", it affects the typical consumer. Obviously buying the "best at the moment" is one thing, just don't delude yourself in thinking these cards are decent cards for 4k gaming. There is no decent cards for 4k right now. Until 1 single GPU can run 4k gaming at a solid 60fps it's not worth even trying. This means every single game in a 2 year span... 60 solid fps. The Titan X is not that card...it's step forward into some good gaming...just not for $1000. I really thought Nvidia consumers leanred their lesson from the Titan/780ti fiasco. Guess not. 12 gb VRAM just LOL....really. Notice how they go from 3.5 Vram gate to 12 gigs of Vram. Makes no sense. The 980 should have been a watered down GK200 not 204. The 970 should have been a top of the like GK204. They did this so the Titan would seem insane... their evil plan seems to be working on the prosumer apparently.

Buying the Titans like they are going out of business affects not only the "prosumer", it affects the typical consumer. Obviously buying the "best at the moment" is one thing, just don't delude yourself in thinking these cards are decent cards for 4k gaming. There is no decent cards for 4k right now. Until 1 single GPU can run 4k gaming at a solid 60fps it's not worth even trying. This means every single game in a 2 year span... 60 solid fps. The Titan X is not that card...it's step forward into some good gaming...just not for $1000. I really thought Nvidia consumers leanred their lesson from the Titan/780ti fiasco. Guess not. 12 gb VRAM just LOL....really. Notice how they go from 3.5 Vram gate to 12 gigs of Vram. Makes no sense. The 980 should have been a watered down GK200 not 204. The 970 should have been a top of the like GK204. They did this so the Titan would seem insane... their evil plan seems to be working on the prosumer apparently.

This is totally subjective. My 780 SLI handles most games (with the exception of Crysis 3) just fine at 4k; albeit not at 60fps, but they can in fact keep up. I'm confident a Titan X is faster than 780 SLI, so the more the better.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

I just joined the club today! Upgrading from two EVGA Dual Classified 780ti's.

Awesome man :). Titan X 2way SLI! Just like me that rocks! What Base are you using for them, X99?

Can you do me a favor? Please go and spam other threads with your moral BS. This thread is for people that bought a Titan X and exchange experience and not for people that hate around nVidia, thank you.

Yea I'm seeing a trend....   I'm done ranting about the Titan X. I'm sort of seeing it as a hobby. Anyone serious about gaming certainly wouldn't need one.... but for benchmarking and just shooting the breeze it seems to be a popular thing to do....I guess.

And no.... 780 ti SLI should beat a Titan X. Let's see some benchies.

Even the 770 SLI should beat 1 Titan in theory. I've seen scores roughly 2x faster than the 770 so 2 770's should tie it if the software and game are working properly.

The thing I hate about anything SLI related anymore....is that everyone complains that it doesn't work. Like with Far Cry 4...things broke after a patch...this and that.

I'm not hating Nvidia BTW...I have a 770 like I said...just bought it.

Yea I'm seeing a trend....   I'm done ranting about the Titan X. I'm sort of seeing it as a hobby. Anyone serious about gaming certainly wouldn't need one.... but for benchmarking and just shooting the breeze it seems to be a popular thing to do....I guess.

And no.... 780 ti SLI should beat a Titan X. Let's see some benchies.

Even the 770 SLI should beat 1 Titan in theory. I've seen scores roughly 2x faster than the 770 so 2 770's should tie it if the software and game are working properly.

The thing I hate about anything SLI related anymore....is that everyone complains that it doesn't work. Like with Far Cry 4...things broke after a patch...this and that.

I'm not hating Nvidia BTW...I have a 770 like I said...just bought it.

Yeah, no... 770 SLI doesn't outperform a Titan X. If you actually meant the Titan and not Titan X, well, I'm not entirely sure why you mentioned the original Titan.

Awesome man :). Titan X 2way SLI! Just like me that rocks! What Base are you using for them, X99?

Yes. 5960x on a RVE. Still waiting on the EK blocks and back plates. My 2nd & 3rd ROG Swifts will arrive sometime on Monday! I'm pumped!

Yes. 5960x on a RVE. Still waiting on the EK blocks and back plates. My 2nd & 3rd ROG Swifts will arrive sometime on Monday! I'm pumped!

Are you running on air for the time being or can you not use them at all until you get blocks for them?

Yeah, running on air, for now. Just got them a few hours before I had to come to work. Had to drain my loop, bypass the 780ti's, remove them, then install the Titans. That didn't leave much time to play around with it.

Yeah, running on air, for now. Just got them a few hours before I had to come to work. Had to drain my loop, bypass the 780ti's, remove them, then install the Titans. That didn't leave much time to play around with it.

Ah, gotcha; curious as to what your cards boost to entirely on their own. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrWoG8IckyE

i would get one if it wasn't $2000...

Processor:Intel i7 5930k,     Motherboard:Gigabyte X99-UD4,     RAM:32GB ddr4,     GPU:2x GTX 770 SC,     Case:Corsair 780t,     Storage:2TB hard drive, 120GB SSD, 1GB external hard drive,

Power supply:cooler master v750 semi-modular,     Monitors:2x Philips 23" 1920x1080,     Cooling:XSPC raystorm water cooled CPU, 6 coolermaster jetflo 120mm fans.

Nice! So you are going for a 1440p G-Sync Surround then! Very impressive. I went with the Acer XB280HK Predator 4K with G-Sync :). And I have a custom high performance watercooling already running only the GPUs need to be included next week, can´t wait :).

I´ve never seen or had a better gaming experience with anything else but G-Sync. These technologies, weather you take nVidia or AMD, are really the next step of monitor evolution.

EDIT: I wish I could have ordered the backplates in gold from Performance-PCs, but EK unfortunately just got the black finished at this point, so I guess that will have to do.

So anyone else trying to run triple 4k displays for gaming?  Right now on 3 980s and get an average 40FPS+ in games and some less, but my guess I'll still be in the 4 way sli camp since right now 4 titan blacks are needed which isn't cheap(still in the $1000/per gpu) 

I'm Batman!

Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Project Xenos: Motherboard: MSI Z170a M9 ACK | CPU: i7 6700k | Ram: G.Skil TridentZ 16GB 3000mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850w G2 | Case: Caselabs SMA8 | Cooling: Custom Loop | Still in progress 

So anyone else trying to run triple 4k displays for gaming?  Right now on 3 980s and get an average 40FPS+ in games and some less, but my guess I'll still be in the 4 way sli camp since right now 4 titan blacks are needed which isn't cheap(still in the $1000/per gpu) 

You're running triple 4k? :o