Tesla allowed to sell direct in New Jersey ;)

4ndrew

Good news! Tesla is now allowed to sell their cars direct to customers in the state of New Jersey! (without going through a dealership)

They are only allowed 4 stores and must open one service center, but that's a major step forward from before!

New Jersey represented the fourth largest market for luxury automobiles, which can tip the scales past $100,000 — trailing only New York, Florida, and California. So it's a key win for the electric car company.

Original Article: http://www.theverge.com/2015/3/18/8251821/tesla-new-jersey-direct-sales-dealerships-christie

Post your thoughts below!  

I have a tesla store a block away from me and it's in the middle of downtown. I don't see why America had to make people buy cars from a dealership.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

I have a tesla store a block away from me and it's in the middle of downtown. I don't see why America had to make people buy cars from a dealership.

Because dealers hold a lot of collective power in America. It's a business tradition. Plus the vaguely veiled bullshit threats about "taking jobs away from local business".

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

There's a tesla shop down at old town pasadena.. not far from my school though. 

Funny thing. Their shop is smaller than a clothing retailer... There's only one Tesla vehicle on display and that's pretty much it.

LTT CSGO SERVER! IP 8.12.22.45!~  Connect by connecting on csgo console

Use console command "connect"   --->  connect 8.12.22.45

There's a tesla shop down at old town pasadena.. not far from my school though. 

Funny thing. Their shop is smaller than a clothing retailer... There's only one Tesla vehicle on display and that's pretty much it.

Tesla Dealers are often more "showroom" then anything else. They like to custom order your new Tesla. The smaller locations such as yours only one on display to show you the basics and have you get a feel for the car, then they'll order and ship one in just for you (Or maybe source it from another location).

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

We have a dealership opening in Charlotte NC.  So excited about it like I can afford it. 

They look ok enough to do a double-take, just because you so rarely see one in my area. Its like "Wha..wai...is that a? It is. Neat. Milk. Peanut Butter. Eggs. Bread...." and so on down my grocery list. Its not "traffic stop beautiful," it just exists.

Then, as I'm in the store, it hits me - that could have been my only chance to kill Bieber! *Overwhelming feeling of failure.

this shouldn't even be a thing! so much for free market (ಠ_ಠ)

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

I find myself wondering how many "unfortunate accidents" these retail stores will suffer, especially knowing how shady the auto unions are.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs