Titan X is it worth it for heavily modding Skyrim?

I'm using a alienware Aurora R3 MicroATX Motherboard, Mid-Tower Chassis Height: 16.77" - (426mm) Depth: 25.39" - (645mm) Width: 9.847" - (250mm) 875W power supply,

So I had several questions. Will I be able to replace my Nvidia GTX 680 with the Titan X? the GTX 680 uses 2x6 pin power connectors whereas the Titan X uses a 6 pin and 8 pin. Is that an issue?

And is it worth it?

Not worth it. Not for Skyrim. A 980 would be a better option.

who cares...

Why would you use a Titan X for Skyrim -.- It would be a waste of £1000 just get a 980 or even a R9 290X and save your self a fuck tonne of money

Unless youre trying to play at 4k ultra, no its not worth it.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I see why you would need the power, modded Skyrim is really demanding. It barely runs at 30fps on my 2 780s. I would say get 2 290x for about 700 (they go for about 340 - 360 CAD here in Cananda) and do what you will with the rest.

Intel Core i7 4770k - 2x Geforce GTX 780 - MSI Z87 MPower Max - Corsair H60 - 8GB Avexir Core Series MPower Yellow + 4gb no-brand DDR3 - Corsair Obsidian 750d - AData XPG SX900 256gb SSD - Seagate Barracuda 3TB (7200 RPM) - Hitachi 250GB 2.5in HDD (3200 RPM) - WD HDD 160GB extracted from iMac via black magic (no specified RPM) - ASUS VG248QE 144HZ 3d Vision Monitor - Logitech G602 - Ducky Shine 3 TKL - AKG 172 HD Headphones - Xperia z2 - Sony Noise canceling earphones -  Nikon D5200 With Bundled Lenses - Windows 7 Home Premium - Blue Snowball iCE - Acer Aspire X with a broken case, AMD A6, and Raijintek Aidos CPU heatsink

Why would you use a Titan X for Skyrim -.- It would be a waste of £1000 just get a 980 or even a R9 290X and save your self a fuck tonne of money

we are not talking vanilla Skyrim here... Those mods, especially the texture ones require some heavy GPU capabilities. My current 2 GB of the VRAM isn't cutting it. Maybe the 4 GB will be enough

we are not talking vanilla Skyrim here... Those mods, especially the texture ones require some heavy GPU capabilities. My current 2 GB of the VRAM isn't cutting it. Maybe the 4 GB will be enough

Well, You best choice is a R9 290X but the 8GB model + I know man, I messed around a little bit into mods with Skyrim but i mainly played it Vanilla. Damn i might get back into modded Skyrim :D

no, wait for amd cards to drop, then decide between 980 and 390 / 390x

or just buy 980 now

Or even a 290X which is on par, if not better than the 980 in some games.

Intel i7 7700K | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X| Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000Mhz Samsung EVO 850 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | Corsair CS650M | Thermalright Macho Rev. A | NZXT S340

CM Storm Quickfire TK [MX Blues] | Zowie FK1 |  Kingston HyperX Cloud

Well, according to Bittech you will get between 80-120 FPS depending on your location in Skyrim. So if you use an ENB with heavy SSAO and DOF, I'm pretty sure that will drop to 60 instantly and maybe even lower, without any mods. Just an ENB. Although keep in mind that they were using 8X usual AA, you might just use 4X/2X SMAA and gain some FPS that way.

INTEL Core i7-4790K  ASUS Maximus VII Ranger  CORSAIR Vengeance Pro 8GB 2133MHz  EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti  SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB  CORSAIR AX860i  CORSAIR Obsidian 750D

a 980 should do fine in your situation. I would only get a titan x if you can make use of the whole card. Games wont eat up all 12 gigs of ram. You would need to be doing some kind of cad or rendering work for that to happen.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Never played skyrim but there is a guy on youtube by the name of tek syndicate that talks alot about heavily modded skyrim & graphics cards.  i think he has a 980 sli set up.

I'm using a alienware Aurora R3 MicroATX Motherboard, Mid-Tower Chassis Height: 16.77" - (426mm) Depth: 25.39" - (645mm) Width: 9.847" - (250mm) 875W power supply,

So I had several questions. Will I be able to replace my Nvidia GTX 680 with the Titan X? the GTX 680 uses 2x6 pin power connectors whereas the Titan X uses a 6 pin and 8 pin. Is that an issue?

And is it worth it?

That is overkill. Go with the 980.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

Unless youre trying to play at 4k ultra, no its not worth it.

My old 970 could play 4k @ ultra

if you are using lots of texture mods a 290x would beat out a 980, that memory bandwidth yo, raw huge bus