Worst Tech mistake you have ever made?

Mitch

I once overloaded a power supply. I installed the GTX 560Ti I have now, then was stunned by the fra - BOOM. It scared me so much I tipped my chair and grabbed my keyboard on the way down and broke it. Suprisingly, the keyboard and the power supply are the only things that broke.

Hello. Here are some words.

FX-8150, GTX 670, ASRock 990Fx Extreme4, 8Gb Patriot RAM, 1TB boot and Storage, Windows 7 64Bit

http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/85.234.146.76:3062/

Bought a lycosa a long time ago and it was just crazy. The media keys on the touch panel would go awry and pause/play skip songs and get stuck. Some times a few keys would stop working, random flickering on the back light...the list is long. But this was my experience with only one keyboard so i dont rage on Razer.Small sample size.

Steam: gray_fox_br

Why was it a bad purchase? Mine seems fine.

I got it thinking that it would out put less heat then one of my 570's, it did not...I have since sent it back and am currently running the most beastly GT430 ever. 8o6axdw.jpg

Hope it isn't as hot as AZ, gets around 110-120 around here in the summer, I think I would literally die without A/C.

Right next door to you in the greaser state. Just as "bad" here, though you get used to it. 

Right next door to you in the greaser state. Just as "bad" here, though you get used to it. 

I moved to AZ just under a year ago and still don't think I'm even slightly used to it. My house in Wisconsin was kept at 68 F, My house here in AZ is kept at 78 F and the electric bill in the summer is still 500+ Dollars -.-

probably trying to use a laptops dvd drive to install windows xp on an external usb HD and clicking on the wrong drive to format :3

I moved to AZ just under a year ago and still don't think I'm even slightly used to it. My house in Wisconsin was kept at 68 F, My house here in AZ is kept at 78 F and the electric bill in the summer is still 500+ Dollars -.-

Have you cooked an egg on the sidewalk yet? You haven't truly lived in the Southwest till you have. 

Does Sim City count?

Don't think it's bad... That's when you can play.

EA.

dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/disk1

yeah. I hit the wrong number as root and didn't notice until my documents drive was annihilated.

Despite this incident, I still love disk destroyer...

My Zalman cooler, just because I couldn't mount the thing without breaking my board.

I hate Zalman cooler, it rattles without a piece of string tied to the frame somewhere, everyone has out of hyper 212s at the time though

Case: Cubitek MiniCube CPU: i5-3570k @ 4.7GHz GPU: Asus GTX 670 DirectCUII MoBo: Asus P8Z77-i Deluxe/WD RAM: G.Skill Sniper 2133MHz

SSD: Sandisk Extreme 120GB HDD: WD Black 2TB AIO Water Cooler: Antec Kuhler 620 Fans: Corsair SP120 Thermal Paste: MX4

Headphones: Grado SR-80i Keyboard: Corsair K65 Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Monitor: Asus MX279H Phone: HTC One Tablet: Nexus 7 (2013)

bought a netbook, luckily was able to return it, what a slow piece of crap. cooler master haf 912, ran out of money on my first brand new build and i bought a cheap case, everything about it felt cheap, I threw in a few small items and some fans and I was able to get the same price I payed for it back. buying 6 cooler master sickle flow fans without a fan controller, i honestly dont use any of them anymore and when i did they were ungodly loud, with 6 you could hear it all the way down the hallway! gave away 4 and i have 2 sitting in my reject parts box with stock case fans and optical drives. bought original Asus transformer, they was almost no tablet app support back then everything was an upscaled phone app, took that back too

Case: Cubitek MiniCube CPU: i5-3570k @ 4.7GHz GPU: Asus GTX 670 DirectCUII MoBo: Asus P8Z77-i Deluxe/WD RAM: G.Skill Sniper 2133MHz

SSD: Sandisk Extreme 120GB HDD: WD Black 2TB AIO Water Cooler: Antec Kuhler 620 Fans: Corsair SP120 Thermal Paste: MX4

Headphones: Grado SR-80i Keyboard: Corsair K65 Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Monitor: Asus MX279H Phone: HTC One Tablet: Nexus 7 (2013)

That MCDonalds "Fish" "Sandwich".

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

Mine would be not plugging in the exhaust fan in one of my old PCs. The problem was, it was the only fan in the system besides the heatsink fan, which meant the system was being passively cooled... Nothing was damaged, just shut down on me a couple times before I realized what was wrong.

HP Pavilion dv6000.... $1000usd laptop... Battery died after 15days (one day more than the warranty, so I got screwed ) Integrated webcam and dvd drive wouldn't work properly as in they weren't recognized most of the time... and 6months later the whole thing just died... CPU/MOBO heat related issues and HP warranty didn't do crap for me...

I ended up selling it for a few pennies

I have to repair more HP and Toshiba laptops more than everything, Dell is after that. I pretty much exclusively buy from Asus and I honestly have not turned back since

183115_10151378711701770_1013940663_n.jp

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

surprisingly my macbook wasnt a bad purchase, hell it made me who i am today: a computer gamer and influenced my career and interest in computers

183115_10151378711701770_1013940663_n.jp

I own two of those right now. Mine are 100% fine, except for the fan, which isn't very quiet above 40%

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

I have a networking/router fettish. Currently I have many that were bought because of DD-WRT, only to find out there were some issues with certain chipsets. Others are technically paperweights as only the BOLD routers/switches are currently in use. The reason I consider them bad purchases is because of performance, but that was mostly my fault. (I used to always buy the cheapest or deal-based networking equipment before YouTube and other media grew up. Now I realize cheap networking is never an option when building a solid network.) Probably going to upgrade to either ASUS RT-N66U or an AC router when AC matures.

Linksys

• WRT400N Dual-Band 802.11b/g/n (Atheros based SoC; runs DD-WRT, many glitches with Linux-based systems in authentication process)
  • WRT160Nv3 RangePlus 802.11b/g/n (My current DD-WRT K26 based hub running our home network; paired with SD2008t 8-Port Gigabit Switch)
  • WRT120N 802.11b/g/n(draft) (Spaceship design and poor performance allow it to be more useful as a flying saucer/Frisbee)
  • WRT54Gv2 802.11b/g (Lying dormant as an emergency backup; adapter overheats)
  • SD2008t 8-Port Gigabit Switch (It's a switch; no modifications necessary)
D-Link
  • DI-524revC 802.11b/g (DI-624 Rangebooster Custom Firmware)
  • DI-524revA 802.11b/g (Stock)
On another note, these routers do make great paperweights or framable artwork, if thy have wall mount holes.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

I own two of those right now. Mine are 100% fine, except for the fan, which isn't very quiet above 40%

This is one of my biggest issues

and then

1GB Vram is maxed out in most of my games at 1680x1050

ocing turns the fan into a turbine

probably should have just spent more money on a card

it was the first purchase on my build and i later recommended a 7950 to a friend and he makes fun of me for having a weak and noisy card, i was thinking about getting a second one but prices have actually gone up since i bought mine in february

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

Turtle Beach Z6 7.1 Headset sounded like crap and felt like a McDonalds toy, then one of the 8 speakers died so they just collect dust now.

System - Case: NZXT Phantom Original Newegg Edition

CPU: Intel 3770K @ 4.2Ghz - CPU Cooler: Xigmatek Dark Knight - Motherboard: Asus Maximus V Formula - RAM: G.Skill Sniper Series 16Gb @ 1866Mhz

GPU: EVGA GTX 680 4Gb - PSU: Seasonic X750 - SSD: Intel 520 256Gb - HDD: Other Random Mechanical Drives

COD and saints row 3

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

8800 GTS 320MB when I could have got a 8800GT 512MB for cheaper. That was the day I stopped listing to the people at the retailers and did my own research.

Probably my 'gaming' headphones "Steel Series 7H Fnatic Edition"

Command Center:

Case: Corsair 900D; PSU: Corsair AX1200i; Mobo: ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition; CPU: i7-3970x; CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i; GPU: 2x ASUS DCII GTX780Ti OC; RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (8x8) 2133MHz CL9; Speaker: Logitech Z2300; HDD 1: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB; HDD 2: 2x Samsung 540 EVO 500GB (Raid 0); HDD 3: 2x Seagate Barracuda 3TB (Raid 0); Monitor 1: LG 42" LED TV; Monitor 2: BenQ XL2420TE; Headphones 1: Denon AH-D7000Headphones 2Audio-Technica AD1000PRMHeadphones 3Sennheiser Momentum Over-EarHeadsetSteelseries Siberia Elite; Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RBG; Mouse: Steelseries Rival 300; Other: Macbook Pro 15 Retina (Mid-2014), PlayStation 4, Nexus 7 32GB (2014), iPhone 6 64GB, Samsung Galaxy S6 64GB