Worst Tech mistake you have ever made?

Mitch

The first thing: A Samsung Galaxy Apollo/3, was repaired 5 times and after that got free upgrade to an SE Xperia Ray which is my current mp4-player.

For computers: My current desktop, Hp pavilion p6-2008NL, good processor (i7-2600) but terrible gpu and psu and case and mobo. Gpu is stable, but delivers half the performance (gt520, lag on 1080p videoplayback) can't really change the gpu since the psu is crap and 14cm is length and a longer will hit the odd which I use a lot.  also the gpu can be 20cm max. but they don't exist in that small format with decent fps. 

Well I didn't bought that desktop, but I did come with my dad when he was buying it. He didn't trusted me building a pc ... Well it dit come with a decent monitor but yeah that's all the positive things about it lol

MSI GT70-One-899NL | i7-3630QM | Nvidia GTX675MX | 12GB 1600mhz ddr3 | 128gb mSata ssd | 1TB hdd | 17.3 Full HD non-glare | Killer E2200 

Except of my G35 there is also a Intenso 750GB external HDD which would only accept files upto 4GB. And a Zotac Geforce GTX 550Ti which i bought when my old graphicscard in my old PC went like "Nope". Yeah it felt like it didn't do anything except of blowing some air..

Current Rig:    AMD FX 8350 @ 4.3GHz | Xigmatek Dark Knight Night Hawk Edition | ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z | ASUS AMD Radeon HD7950 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance Red 1866MHz RAM

EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750 Watt PSU | 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM | 128GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD | ASUS DVD Writer | CM Storm Trooper Windowed Edition

Peripherals:    BeyerDynamic Custom One Pro | Func MS3 | Steelseries QcK | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Brown (on release)

The GTX 550 To is a good budget card, it can run most thing on mid-high with decent fps.

Yes. It is a good budget card.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Tenda Wireless W322P V2.0... Randomly stops working and when trying to download newest drivers, the download will slow down to a complete stop. Tenda really EA'd it with this.

A lightsaber! It couldn't even cut through string! I was so disappointed (And also 5 years old)

Case Bitfenix Shinobi | CPU - i5 3570K @ 4.2Ghz | Motherboard -  Asus P8Z77 | GPU - 7870 | PSU - Corsair CXM 600w | 
Harddrive - Seagate Barracuda 1Tb x 2 | SSD - Samsung 840 256Gb | Cooling - Custom 2x Dual 120mm Radiator, Watercooling Loop |

Ultimate Programming Resources Thread ||| CompSci Masters Degree Student and Professional Java and C# Programmer

new

servers at EA = F*CKED TO OBLIVION

oops  :D

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.4GHz (cooled by Corsair H110) Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VI Formula RAM: 16GB DDR3 1600MHz CL9 | GPU: ASUS GTX780TI-DC2OC-3GD5 Case: NZXT Phantom 630 Storage: Samsung 840 Pro 128GB + 3 x WD Black 500GB  + WD Black 1TB + WD Black 2TB + Kingston V300 120GB PSU: SeaSonic Platinum 660W Monitors: 3 x Iiyama ProLite XU2390HS-1 Keyboard: Logitech G910 Orion Spark Mouse: Logitech G502 Protheus Spectrum Mousemat: Steelseries QcK Heavy (40x45) Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud II Speakers: Logitech Z906

After formatting and re-installing Windows 7 on (what used to be) an HP Pavilion p7-1154 (from what was a separate partition) because of a hardware update at around 1:30AM, in the middle of the "Initial Setup" process I thought it would be a great Idea to lean on my computer case out of exhaustion. Of course, the one part of the case I blindly leaned on just so happened to be the reset button. Since I had thrown the original case with the Windows 7 code on it, and didn't have any DVDs or thumb drives with Windows 7, I had to go out and spend $140 to get a new copy.

After formatting and re-installing Windows 7 on (what used to be) an HP Pavilion p7-1154 (from what was a separate partition) because of a hardware update at around 1:30AM, in the middle of the "Initial Setup" process I thought it would be a great Idea to lean on my computer case out of exhaustion. Of course, the one part of the case I blindly leaned on just so happened to be the reset button. Since I had thrown the original case with the Windows 7 code on it, and didn't have any DVDs or thumb drives with Windows 7, I had to go out and spend $140 to get a new copy.

do we have permission to giggle ( a little ) ??? : D

Intel I7 2600k @ 4.5ghz, Asetek 510 LC Xtremegear liquid cooling system, PALIT GTX 780 Super Jetstream OC, 8Gb Kingston Hyper X blu series 1600mhz, 64Gb Crucial M4 series SATA III Gaming MLC SSD, 1TB Western Digital HDD 6.0gb/s,  Asus P8z68-v Pro Motherboard, Corsair Vengance K90 Keyboard,950Watt Cyberpower PSU, Cyborg RAT 5 ,  Coolermaster CM 690II case, Dell Ultrasharp U2412M 1920 x 1200

Honestly, One of the worst mistakes I've done was upgrading to an FX-8150 from a Phenom ii x4 965 BE. Thought it was going to be a good upgrade, Ended up decreasing overall performance. Day to day use just browsing internet and such with single threaded apps was a noticeable decrease in performance, Gaming performance didn't go up at all other then BF3, And let's be honest, Who just plays one game? I just got the FX-8150 without even looking at the reviews and performance of it (Terrible mistake) at $180 then proceeded to sell the 965 that I had, and then got frustrated at the overall performance of the 8150. Ended up getting rid of that and just switching straight to Intel. 

Current PC specs: i7-3770k @4.4GHz (Enermax ETS-T40 cooler), Gigabyte Z77-UD4H, 16 GB 1600MHz Kingston HyperX, MSI Radeon 7970

Tenda Wireless W322P V2.0... Randomly stops working and when trying to download newest drivers, the download will slow down to a complete stop. Tenda really EA'd it with this.

Always gotta get a shot in about EA! Nice one :D

Honestly, One of the worst mistakes I've done was upgrading to an FX-8150 from a Phenom ii x4 965 BE. Thought it was going to be a good upgrade, Ended up decreasing overall performance. Day to day use just browsing internet and such with single threaded apps was a noticeable decrease in performance, Gaming performance didn't go up at all other then BF3, And let's be honest, Who just plays one game? I just got the FX-8150 without even looking at the reviews and performance of it (Terrible mistake) at $180 then proceeded to sell the 965 that I had, and then got frustrated at the overall performance of the 8150. Ended up getting rid of that and just switching straight to Intel. 

Good choice you made there in the end  :P

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.4GHz (cooled by Corsair H110) Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VI Formula RAM: 16GB DDR3 1600MHz CL9 | GPU: ASUS GTX780TI-DC2OC-3GD5 Case: NZXT Phantom 630 Storage: Samsung 840 Pro 128GB + 3 x WD Black 500GB  + WD Black 1TB + WD Black 2TB + Kingston V300 120GB PSU: SeaSonic Platinum 660W Monitors: 3 x Iiyama ProLite XU2390HS-1 Keyboard: Logitech G910 Orion Spark Mouse: Logitech G502 Protheus Spectrum Mousemat: Steelseries QcK Heavy (40x45) Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud II Speakers: Logitech Z906

Corsair 2000 headset cheap plastic used and and it broke on the swivel, looked on their froums... seems im not the only one with this problem 

Samsung 840 Pro... Great SSD but I did not need such a high end component for my first computer. could have have used the same money to upgrade to a 3570k

I bought a Razer Deathadder with my first PC build about 4 years ago. I hated the design and feel of it. The scroll wheel also broke quickly. I've been using an MX518 since and wouldn't trade it for anything.

do we have permission to giggle ( a little ) ??? : D

Haha I suppose I do deserve it :P

a chinese video camara that uses regular batteries.

Probably my Logitech G35... I expected more of it...

I loved my G35 ! Though now I have better headphones and I understand what I missed in sound quality but I miss the mic attached to it. Still used them until they broke.

CPU : Intel Core i7 3960X, Mobo : X79-UD3, Memory : 4x4GB Vengeance Black Memory 1600MHz, GPU : Asus GTX 970 Strix, Case : Switch 810 Matte Black, Storage : 256GB Samsung 830 SSD, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, PSU : Thermaltake 750W 80+ Bronze, Displays : 3x Asus 1080p Screens, Cooling : Corsair H100i, Keyboard : Logitech G710+, Mouse : Madcat Cyborg R.A.T.7, Sound : Sennheiser HD598, V-Moda Crossfade LP, Logitech Z-5500, HMD : Oculus Rift CV1

I bought windows vista home basic a year before 7 was released. last time i purchased an os. That one time really is enough for the rest of my live

Good choice you made there in the end  :P

Indeed, For my own personal preferences it's ages above both my beloved Phenom 965, And certainly way, way above the 8150. My friend has an 8350 and it's just kind of OK. 

Current PC specs: i7-3770k @4.4GHz (Enermax ETS-T40 cooler), Gigabyte Z77-UD4H, 16 GB 1600MHz Kingston HyperX, MSI Radeon 7970

It was only 3 bucks, but still.... It's a wire stripper from ebay and it is just unusable. The concepts seems great, but it's very difficult to tune to your wire

Rotary%20Coax.%20Cable%20Stripper%202%20

Those are mainly for co-axial cables tho, how many of those do you strip for a computer? Or do you use it for other projects? :P

My worst purchase (at least in a computer setting) was this one

a1875_xpeaker.jpg

I was young and very stupid!

I showed my wife how to watch livestreams and what spotify is... hehe

i7 4790K@4.5GHz-1.15V, BeQuiet! SR2, Asrock z97e-itx/ac, Kingston  Fury 16GB@1866MHz, GTX 670 2GB, 3x ssdNOW300V 300ishGB, Bitfenix Prodigy, OCZ ZT 750W Twittwit@enRodjavel

A friend went to copy and paste a folder with all his school work on a network drive. Before he pasted it he deleted the folder.

Conclusion he lost a year of work  :lol:

My Rig - Intel 4670K (4.3Ghz) Cooler Noctua NH-C14| Gigabyte Z87X-UD5H | 16GB GSkill 1866MHz | Gigabyte 7970 OC  | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | Thermaltake Overseer RX-I  | Thermaltake TP Qfan 750w

Brothers rig- AMD FX-6100(4.1 GHz) | Gigabyte 990FXA -D3 | 8GB GSkill 1866MHz | Sapphire 7870 Ghz OC  | Kingston HyperX 3K 120Gb | Antec 900 v3  | Antec Neopower Blue 650w

A friend went to copy and paste a folder with all his school work on a network drive. Before he pasted it he deleted the folder.

Conclusion he lost a year of work  :lol:

ive done that :/ not fun, but theres always the recycling bin or ctrl + z

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

I once kicked everyone out of a webinar that the marketing department was hosting for all of our clients, that was pretty embarrassing.

- Silverstone TJ08B-E - Gigabyte Z87M-D3H - i7 4770k @ 4.0GHZ 1.2v - 16gb Kingston HyperX Black 1600 - Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 4GB -

- Silverstone Fortress FT02 - MSI Z77 Mpower - i5 3570k @ 4.0GHZ 1.09v - 8gb Mushkin Blackline 1600 - MSI GTX 670 PE -

- Lenovo T430 (1600x900) - i5 3210m - 8GB DDR3 1333 - nVidia NVS5400M - 256GB mSATA OS - 320GB HDD-