Worst Tech mistake you have ever made?

Mitch

Looking at the title of this thread from the main page you only see "Embarrassing Things About Y". I thought it was going to read "Embarrassing Things About You/Yourself". Which made me think, why would anyone want to tell everyone on this forum embarrassing things about themselves? Then once I clicked on it I saw that it actually read "Embarrassing Things About Your PC". Then I thought "Oh! Haha, my bad. Thank goodness! :D

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

And LGA1156?

1155, with an i7 2600 and in an R4... MFW

uF9MjJo3QIaijySXC4iL_Confused%20Christia

aAuBT9tWRw6BWzd3g1kO_Confused%20Ryan%20O

giphy.gif

ylCZaB1.gif

tumblr_lsrpz2KrxQ1qii6tmo1_500.gif

tumblr_inline_mpc5tg80761qz4rgp.gif

giphy.gif

tumblr_lz7i40hznd1r1jxrw.gif

dean-confused-thanksgiving.gif

tumblr_ler6bkf6tp1qcqxmp.gif

Bonus gif

tumblr_m39dd8swYK1rp26sto1_400.gif

i7 2600 | HD 6870 | 8GB Memory | 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | 500W PSU | Fractal Define R4

I have a lot of upgrade plans, and no money  :)

Mutilated the crap out of the top of my case by putting in a fan mount without the right tools: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/155298-mod-log-destroying-the-top-of-my-case-a-fan-mod/

CPU- 4690k @4.5ghz / 1.3v    Mobo- Asus Maximus VI Gene   RAM- 12GB GSkill Assorted 1600mhz   GPU- ASUS GTX 760 DCUII-OC 

Storage- 1TB 7200rpm WD Blue + Kingston SSDNow 240GB   PSU- Silverstone Strider ST75F-P

I hate the beige in my optical drive that can be seen if i remove the cover but also can't be arsed to paint or try n find a black one. . . That's about it really.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 | Cooler: Stock | RAM: 16GB Hyper Fury X RGB | GPU: RTX 2080 Super FTW3 | Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Elite| PSU: Corsair RM850x
Storage: WD SN750 500GB / 850 500GB Samsung Evo /  | CASE: 570X | Display: Dell u2414h  | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: Corsair M65

@Windspeed36 the member @zSanosake has been obstructing constructive conversations for quite some time with his ignorant and purposely provoking posts. I'd say that his account has only been made for the purpose of trolling. His attitude towards well-regarded forum members has been terrible as well. I did not think that any of his posts were directly inappropriate so I did not use the Report feature.

If this would only be my opinion, I would have said nothing, but many people find this as well... Now nobody wants to escalate this situation, but I'd just like to politely ask @zSanosake to stop this most likely intentional trolling. There is a difference between logical arguments and trying to force your subjective opinion onto someone else by repetitively annoying them with it... Just looking at your profile will show this character trait all too well already, with the whole "I can't loose an argument" theme... Just stop please, it is not helping, and I don't see a reason why it would bring you pleasure...

well done sir, it is nice to see such a well manner approach to dealing with trolls, now if you don't mind I have about 45 more posts to go through and it is 3am

MoBo: 970A-D3P CPU: FX-8350 GPU: HD 7950 PSU: 1000watt RAM:8Gb of G,skill 1600

The most and probably the only embarrassing thing about my computer is the modded fans hanging off the side panel and the one on top. Ugly, rainbow cords showing to the world and being held in place by zip ties.

Not very attractive.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

My PC as a whole at the moment. No case (looks like a rats nest), door stop PSU, cables everywhere...its all ehhhhhh

Corsair 750D | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | FX 9590 | Kingston HyperX 16GB@1866MHz | MSI R9 290X Lightning | Seasonic 1050W Platinum | 2x WD 3TB Green HDD | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD | Crucial 512GB SSD 

Alphacool XT45 360mm | Alphacool Monsta 280mm | Silverstone AP121 | Silverstone AP141 | EK Supremacy Elite | EK ASUS C5F-Z | EK R9-290X Lightning | EK 3/8-1/2 Nickel | XSPC D5 Acrylic Tank | Primochill 3/8-1/2 

AMD

lol

"A picture is starting to form here... I wonder if it's accurate? Some pieces don't quite seem to fit. Or maybe I just don't like the way it looks."

It can't even run World of Warcraft on lowest in every setting at 1920x1080. The maximum frame rate I'll get is about 10-15 fps. At lower resolutions, I'm lucky to get more than 25 fps.

Luckily I'm spending £900 on building a new one this months then, lmao.

The one embarassing (if you wanna call it that) thing about my PC is the fact that it's almost 7 years old. But this will eventually be upgraded.......or rather...replaced. :D

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

the good thing about those low end GPUs are? That you can run the dog piss out of them and they wont die. I have a GT520 in a SFF hp that has been on for about 7 months now without a restart or cleaning under my desk folding and the thing has yet to falter. Kind of awesome really. And if they do fail, it's $30 for a new one. :)

I have slightly overclocked mine but yeah they are good but I play games like bf and cs go
Case: Carbide 300R

CPU: i5 4690K @ 3.90GHz

RAM: 8GB DDR3

Mobo: MSI Z97-G45 Gaming

GPU: R9 290 Tri-X

PSU: EVGA SUPERNOVA NEX650G

Storage: 4TB NAS

Drive 1: Seagate 1TB 7200RPM

Drive 2: WD 500gb 7200RPM

Keyboard: Vengeance K50

Headset: Vengeance 1500 V2

Mouse: R.A.T 5

Monitor: LG 24EN33

Crappy power supply, 3770K with a GTX660, my terribad cable management.

i have 4770k 4.4ghz gtx 660 x2 with a corsair cx600 works fine for me

Leg me guess: LGA1156 and an i3. That would be my mobo.

No actually, my motherboard is AM3+. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157469

Gamma v2.2 | i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz| Dark Rock TF | ASRock Z170 OC Formula | G-SKILL TridentZ Royal 2x16Gb 3200mhz | MSI GTX 1070 Ti Titanium | Sandisk 120Gb SSD | WD Black 1Tb HDD | Corsair RMx 850w | Corsair Spec Alpha | MSI Optix G27C2/2x19" monitors/34" Insignia tv

Spoiler

Secondary rig status: Blendin Blandin | Xeon E5 2670 E3 ES | Noctua L12s | ASRock X99 OC Formula | 48Gb Ram Smoothie | EVGA 980ti Superclocked+ | ADATA SU800 | SFFTime P-Atx | 

I have a Corsair 550D and I tried to fit an H110 in the top, but the 8 pin power on the mobo wouldn't clear the second fan, so I'm just running one fan in the rad :l Works great though so I'm not that inspired to change it out. Also a bit quieter. 

CPU - Intel Core i7 3770K @ 4.60GHz 1.264v | RAM - Corsair Dominator Platinum 16.0GB (2x8GB) | Motherboard - ASUS P8Z77 WS | Graphics - EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 | Storage -  120 GB Samsung 840 EVO | PSU - Corsair RM650 | Case - Corsair 550D

The fact that it is a shitty pre-built laptop.

My fingers weren't on the same page as my head. :P I meant to type that it would have easy access to fresh air.

And a ton of dust.

And a ton of dust.

That too. They're battle wounds, I guess.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

I don't really have anything I'd be ashamed to tell others about my PC...

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Everything... Except my PSU and case.

(My profile says R9 270, I will have it in a few days. I currently have the HD 6570.)