Worst Tech mistake you have ever made?

Mitch

i had no use for the ram, it was from customers that needed an upgrade, they give me their old stuff and i make the new pc and take the old one, take out the hdd, sell that hdd for £10 and then the rest of the pc for £20.

You could have given me the RAM. I need it desperately.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Optical drive to install windows. lal

|EVGA 850 P2| |1440p PG279Q| |X570 Aorus Extreme| |Ryzen 9 3950x WC| |FE 2080Ti WC|TridentZ Neo 64GB| |Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1TB x3

|Logitech G900|K70 Cherry MX Speed|  |Logitech Z906 |  |HD650|  |CaseLabs SMA8 (one of the last ones made)

Optical drive to install windows. lal

Don't make fun of me!

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I setup raid 0 on 2 120GB Samsung 840 Evo Pros for a friend.

PS: He makes incremental image backups to a network share.  ;)

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

"PS3 has no fps limit u idiot" and after that "fps is meaningless, I dont see difference between 15 and 30 frames"

Well, I don't talk to this guy anymore

I personally can't stand seeing most frames less than 40-45 minimal depending on what's going on. 30 frames seems like a slideshow during games. -_-

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

I personally can't stand seeing most frames less than 40-45 minimal depending on what's going on. 30 frames seems like a slideshow during games. -_-

Not for me. I think it's plenty smooth (for laptop specs).

Heard: Every next-gen console except the WiiU easily outperforms a PC and the PC is easily beaten by a 1000$ Mac.

Done: Panicked when a CPU wouldn't perfectly sit in a socket so I pushed it inside and aggressively closed the lid, breaking the motherboard.

Not for me. I think it's plenty smooth (for laptop specs).

Ewww...console peasant thinking 30fps is smooth.

Ewww...console peasant thinking 30fps is smooth.

I'm no console peasant. I have to game at 30FPS. I don't have the money to get a 760 or even a 750Ti.

EDIT: What's 60FPS like? Why is everybody talking so much about this number?

I'm no console peasant. I have to game at 30FPS. I don't have the money to get a 760 or even a 750Ti.

All it is a much smoother gameplay experience. Also 60 is mentioned a lot since most screens have a refresh rate of 60hz.

Do you even PC m8? You can get more than 30FPS with even a GTX 650.

Long time ago i changed the 230V 50Hz on back of power supply to 110V 60Hz to see what is gonna to happened - my power supply exploded because of that xD

Do you even PC m8? You can get more than 30FPS with even a GTX 650.

Yeah, I got a GT610 doe. :( 

My very first self-built PC.

I had no idea that certain mobo's and CPU's had to go together.

I ordered a (then) brand-new Intel Q8400 and an (apparently) old Intel Pentium 4 Motherboard.

They didn't work, no shit!

I bought a GT 440 that I'm still using to this day, back when I was a big noob and din't know anything about GFX cards. And I specifically bought the 2GB DDR3 model instead of the 1GB GDDR5 one because of dem GB on a 1280x1024 screen. -_-

Humpty Dumpty was pushed.

My friend actually deleting his system32 folder because he thought it would go faster

I bought a GT 440 that I'm still using to this day, back when I was a big noob and din't know anything about GFX cards. And I specifically bought the 2GB DDR3 model instead of the 1GB GDDR5 one because of dem GB on a 1280x1024 screen. -_-

Yeh, I feel you. I have a GT220.

Yeah, I got a GT610 doe. :(

But you were talking about getting a 760 or 760 Ti to get 30+ fps. That's not needed at all.

Fan bearing went out in my old PSU (Had it for years it makes sense) I Figured it out after it died 3 times while playing games. (2 of which I was afk so that's why I wasn't concerned immediately)

So I stripped the fan from another PSU and soldered it to the busted one, put it back in, played about an hour of WoW and BOOM *blue spark streaks across the inside of my case* and I'm like "well poop."

wasn't till a bit later I found out I had just fried my MOBO because of melted components in the PSU... 

I actually remember having a shitty stock NZXT case fan in my old build that made noise when the PC was starting up, and I had to press the fan into the rotor to stop it. One day i did it without looking and hit the spinning blades, cut my finger a bit and broke two blades off.

Whenever I started the PC up from then on it would vibrate. It's amazing how that thing still worked.

DISCIPLE OF HIS HOLINESS, GABEN FIRST OF HIS NAME FOR NOW AND THE END OF TIME

STEAM - Brendson | ORIGIN - LGBrendson | BATTLE.NET - Brendson#2793

PLACES TO FOLLOW ME - Pastebin

When the ATI Radeon HD 5xxx's were new i bought an HD 5450 1GB cause' dem GB's............. 2 months later I bought an HD 5770. I was so upset the 5450 was worse than my Geforce 9500GT i could swear ATI was the worst GPU company. (Ah the days of being under educated and not researching.)

Main rig

CPU: I7 4820K @4.8GHz || Cooler: Corsair H100 || Display: LG 34UM95 || MOBO: Asus Sabertooth x79 || RAM: AMD 1600MHz 2x 4GB || GPU: Two AMD R9 290's @1050MHz core 1400MHz Memory || Case: Cooler master HAF 922 || SSD: Samsung 830 128GB and PNY XLR8 120GB SSD in raid 0 || HDD: 2x Seagate barracuda 1.5TB
Guest rig
CPU: I5 3330S || MOBO: ECS H61H2-I5 || Ram: 2x 2GB Samsung 1333MHz || GPU: Radeon HD 6970 || PSU: Antec Earth-watts 750watt
HTPC
CPU: AMD Phenom II X3 720BE unlocked 4th core @3.7GHz || GPU: low profile Geforce 9500GT || random 2x 2GB ddr2 ram (don't feel like looking) || Cooler: some rosewill cooler

when i first started i put a 1200 what psu in a build that had no gpu lol

oh, the horror... I know your pain I used one for my FX-8350 it was numbing loud, but now I have a 212 evo and 

dude... i'm using the same cpu/stock cooler 

see you, space cowboy