Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bodoy

Know any good lesser known bands/musicians?

I'm still uncertain, as to what you mean with "lesser known"

And when you say don't prefere a specific genre, do you also want really extreme music?

Well, here is some more extreme music:

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

well its not exactly  "main stream"

When Tool excessively makes millions of dollars per show/tour, I don't think they can be considered lesser-known either. :P

FX 8320@4.1Ghz, Noctua NH-D14, MSI 7870@1050Mhz, 8 GB 1600 MHz, M5A97 LE R2.0, NZXT H440, CX500M

Your rights matter because you never know when you are going to need them.

-Edward Snowden

Houkago Tea Time

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

Birds of Tokyo? Guess they might not fall under the not-so-well-know category. Maybe even Karnivool. They're progressive rock, but the singer(same dude from Birds) is amazingly talented. 

Or maybe [ME]. They're an interesting band.

"The wheel?" "No thanks, I'll walk, its more natural" - thus was the beginning of the doom of the Human race.
Cheese monger.

Posted · Original PosterOP

Looks like there are a crap ton of hard rock lovers and metal heads here. Cool beans yo. :)
Anyway, I'm still finding time to listen to all of these guys since my hectic schedule has gotten worse now (I'm graduating high school and my teachers decided to pile up almost a month's worth of work within a week...)

Thanks again for the suggestions and stuff (also, I'm having a hard time letting the site know that I WANT to be notified when there are new posts on my thread...)

PS: To those who ask what I mean by "lesser known", bands/musicians who are underrated/get very little to no radio time/don't fall in the mainstream/small or just medium amount of followers (but deserve way more). Basically, nearly all guys you've mentioned here (save for Tool, Nirvana, and Alice in Chains) I haven't heard of in ever, and I have to say...I really wish I did sooner. I'm loving the tracks!

Laptop - Asus TUF FX504GM

i7 8750H | 24GB DDR4 | GTX 1060 6GB | 128GB NVMe SSD | 1TB HDD

Peripherals

Logitech G102 Prodigy | Nubwo N12

4 hours ago, ErlSlutt said:

If you like Movie music my uncle makes music that should/could be in movies

Wow, dat necro dennis_poncho48x48.jpg.cd17c836838d292fc7b80fb0bf8ff584.jpg

anyways...

...is there a question here? 🤔

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

What is scaling and how does it work? Asus PB287Q unboxing! Console alternatives :D Watch Netflix with Kodi on Arch Linux Sharing folders over the internet using SSH Beginner's Guide To LTT (by iamdarkyoshi)

Sauron'stm Product Scores:

Spoiler

Just a list of my personal scores for some products, in no particular order, with brief comments. I just got the idea to do them so they aren't many for now :)

Don't take these as complete reviews or final truths - they are just my personal impressions on products I may or may not have used, summed up in a couple of sentences and a rough score. All scores take into account the unit's price and time of release, heavily so, therefore don't expect absolute performance to be reflected here.

-Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - [8/10]

Spoiler

A durable and reliable machine that is relatively lightweight, has all the hardware it needs to never feel sluggish and has a great IPS matte screen. Downsides are mostly due to its age, most notably the screen resolution of 1366x768 and usb 2.0 ports.

-Apple Macbook (2015) - [Garbage -/10]

Spoiler

From my perspective, this product has no redeeming factors given its price and the competition. It is underpowered, overpriced, impractical due to its single port and is made redundant even by Apple's own iPad pro line.

-OnePlus X - [7/10]

Spoiler

A good phone for the price. It does everything I (and most people) need without being sluggish and has no particularly bad flaws. The lack of recent software updates and relatively barebones feature kit (most notably the lack of 5GHz wifi, biometric sensors and backlight for the capacitive buttons) prevent it from being exceptional.

-Microsoft Surface Book 2 - [Garbage - -/10]

Spoiler

Overpriced and rushed, offers nothing notable compared to the competition, doesn't come with an adequate charger despite the premium price. Worse than the Macbook for not even offering the small plus sides of having macOS. Buy a Razer Blade if you want high performance in a (relatively) light package.

-Intel Core i7 2600/k - [9/10]

Spoiler

Quite possibly Intel's best product launch ever. It had all the bleeding edge features of the time, it came with a very significant performance improvement over its predecessor and it had a soldered heatspreader, allowing for efficient cooling and great overclocking. Even the "locked" version could be overclocked through the multiplier within (quite reasonable) limits.

-Apple iPad Pro - [5/10]

Spoiler

A pretty good product, sunk by its price (plus the extra cost of the physical keyboard and the pencil). Buy it if you don't mind the Apple tax and are looking for a very light office machine with an excellent digitizer. Particularly good for rich students. Bad for cheap tinkerers like myself.

Macross 82-99 is good stuff, if you like bright music. I'd say the best Album from them is A Million Miles Away, but there's not really a low point for them either. All is good stuff.

bl00dwave if you want some A e s t h e t i c music (in all seriousness it's really good I recommend his Ego Album if you don't like Vaporwave)

Carpenter Brut might be a bit more popular but he has some of the best loud and in your face music out there.

Vincent... Something I can't remember his last name... Has an album called the Pineapple Pizza Slayer and another called Weekend that has to be some of the most delightful music I have heard.

Mecha Maiko is a promising synthpop artist I would follow if you like that stuff.

Perturbator is another more popular one but has good dark synths in there. Like, best in class dark synths. In my opinion.

HOME has some of the most delightful music I've listened to. Almost everyone has heard his song Resonance one time or another.

she (thats the artist's name) has some of the best varied synth music out there, with Chroma being my favorite album. she definitely has a lot of pep in the music they make.

There's a few Synth Artists for y'all!

Who needs fancy graphics and high resolutions when you can get a 60 FPS frame rate on iGPUs?

Are we doing this again? Awesome.

55 minutes ago, DrDerp said:

Carpenter Brut might be a bit more popular but he has some of the best loud and in your face music out there.

I saw Carpenter Brut live not too long ago. An amazing experience through and through.

Nothing like seeing 700 metalheads singing their heads off to Maniac.

Trevor Moran is awesome if you like electro/pop-y stuff

My PCs:

VALENTINIAN : CPU: Ryzen 7 2700X || CPU COOLER : Corsair H115i Pro || MOBO : MSi B450 Tomahawk Max || GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 Ti Strix OC || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB, Samsung 850 Evo 1TB x2 || PSU: EVGA G2 850W w/ Cablemod Black & White Cables || CASE: NZXT H510 White || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A, HP 27yh || KEYBOARD: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (MX Brown, White Keycaps) || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: HyperX Cloud Alpha, Logitech C920 || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 2x Corsair ML120 ||

DIOCLETIAN III (HTPC) : CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 || CPU COOLER : Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition || MOBO : MSi X370 Gaming Pro Carbon || GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 Strix OC || RAM: 2x8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V (3200) || SSDs: Crucial P1 500GB, Crucial MX500 1TB || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB || PSU: Seasonic 650W w/ Black & Red Extensions || CASE: Phanteks P300 || Monitor: Samsung Q60 65" QLED || KEYBOARD: Logitech G613 || Mouse: Logitech G305 || CONTROLLER: Xbox One Controller x2 || AUDIO: Samsung Q60R Soundbar || Case Fans : 2x Cooler Master Masterfan Pro 120, Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-2000 ||

JUSTINIAN - Dell XPS 15": CPU: Core i7-9750H || GPU: GTX 1650 || RAM: 2*8GB 2666MhZ DDR4 SODIMM || SSD: 1TB M.2 PCIe || CASE: 15.6" Laptop with dBrand skin || MONITOR: 15" 1920 * 1080 IPS || KEYBOARD: Dell Keyboard || MOUSE: Logitech G305 White || AUDIO: HyperX Cloud II ||

OTHER : Dell Latitude (i7-6600U, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD) || HP All-in-One (Unspecified Haswell i7, 8GB DDR3, Crucial MX500 500GB ||

MOBILE : Galaxy S9 (64GB + 64GB uSD) || Galaxy S7 (32GB) || FitBit Blaze || Kindle Fire 10" ||

CONSOLE : Nintendo Switch (Pro Controller x3, Joy-Con Grip x1, PowerA Enhanced Controller x1) ||

POLITICAL ALIGNMENT: Social Democratic || Centre-Left ||

OOOoooo, another chance to say LISTEN TO GALACTIC COWBOYS!!!!

Current Rig

i7 2600k @ 4.7ghz 1.4v - EVGA GTX 970 ACX 2.0 @ 1500mhz - 16GB Hyper x Fury 1866 - Asus p8z77-v lk (1$) - 250GB SSD - 2x1TB HDD storage - EVGA 650w 80+G G2

FX 8320 Rig

FX 8320 @ 4.5ghz - EVGA GTX 770 SC 2GB - 16GB RAM - 250GB SSD - CM 212 EVO - Asus M5A97 R2.0 - EVGA 500w Bronze - CM Elite 430 Black

Xeon Rig

Xeon e3 1240 @3.3ghz - EVGA GTX 670 - 16GB RAM - 250GB SSD - CM Hyper T2 - Seasonic 500w Bronze- Rosewill Micro ATX

Nahelem Rig

i7 860 @ 3.7ghz - 8GB DDR3 - GTX 670 - 250GB SSD

And of course, my q6600 rig

q6600 @ 3.4ghz 1.45v - Zalman copper cooler - 8GB DDR2 - GTX 560ti - 250GB SSD

Server 1: FX 6100 @ 3.8ghz - 12GB DDR3

Server 2 - q6700 @ 3.2ghz - 8GB DDR3

PFSense router: Core 2 Duo @3.16ghz - 4GB DDR3 - 64GB SSD - 16 port tplink gigabit switch

Openmediavault: 4TB - 4GB DDR2 - q6600

The 5$ Laptop (Asus r510c) (+60$ worth of upgrades)

Core i5 i5-3337U 1.8ghz (2.5ghz) - 240gb SSD - 320gb WD Black - 8GB DDR3 - Intel HD Graphics 4000

HTPC - Wolf In Sheep's Clothing (Crappy HP OEM SFF case and PSU from 2009)

AMD A8 6800k @4.2ghz - GT 1030 2GB GDDR5 - 8GB DDR3 - 250GB SP SSD - Some Asus FM2+ motherboard

Bedroom HTPC - The 939 Monster

AMD Athlon 64 x2 @ 2.8ghz - HD 3850 256mb - 4GB DDR400 - 80GB WD Blue IDE - SOCKET 939 BITCHES

21 minutes ago, Volbet said:

I saw Carpenter Brut live not too long ago. An amazing experience through and through.

Nothing like seeing 700 metalheads singing their heads off to Maniac.

NGL I'm jealous

Seriously though, I need to get Leather Teeth soon, I don't have the money at the moment, spent all if it on the PC and saving for college lol.

Who needs fancy graphics and high resolutions when you can get a 60 FPS frame rate on iGPUs?

1 hour ago, ErlSlutt said:

If you like Movie music my uncle makes music that should/could be in movies 

Why did you revive a 3 year old thread?

Just now, Some Random Member said:

Why did you revive a 3 year old thread?

Why not I guess?

Maybe the necromancer hadn't messed with his magic for a while?

EDIT: OP hasn't posted in years... soo

No idea what kind of broad genres you're into (Rock, pop, Hip hop, Ect..) So here's some of my personal top picks as of late. (I've been really getting into dark synth stuff)

Here's some semi-popular, but not super mainstream, rarely on the radio stuff.

Sky Ferreira - Synth-Pop/Darkwave

Everything is Embarrasing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEamE0MYPkg

The Tea Party - Progressive Rock

Heaven Coming Down

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfaATa-qmG4

MGMT - Sythpop/Psych Rock. This particular song is goth/synth. If you like psych rock more, check out some of their other stuff like Flash Delerium

Little Dark Age

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtL5oMyBHPs

Carly Rae Jepsen (SKIP THE DUMB INTRO)

Synth-Pop (in the style of 80's pop)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlFMVzo9zuE

Joy Division - Post-Punk

Love Will Tear Us Apart

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuuObGsB0No

Bauhaus - Post-Punk/Goth

She's in Parties

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCg4i1f_oDY

Anna Von Hausswolff - Neoclassical Darkwave

The Mysterious Vanishing of Electra

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nre0hcDz5TI

Share any interests with me? Feel free to message me just to chit chat about whatever. 

(Music) Depeche Mode, The Cure, Pink Floyd, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Cocteau Twins, MGMT, Boy Harsher, The Smiths, Drab Majesty, Chelsea Wolfe, Carly Rae Jepsen, The Smashing Pumpkins, Virgin Prunes, Sky Ferreira, London After Midnight, Jonathan Coulton, Alvvays, Clan of Xymox, Bauhaus, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Anna Von Hausswolff, Joy Division, Sisters of Mercy, She Wants Revenge, The Frozen Autumn, My Bloody Valentine, Type O Negative, The Birthday Party, Leonard Cohen, Switchblade Symphony, Metallica, Creedance Clearwater Revival, Eagles, Elton John, Billy Joel.

(Games) PUBG, Metro Series, Command and Conquer games, Warhammer 40,000 games, Company of Heroes (2), RDR2, CoD4

(Other) Going to the goth club, Firearms, Building PCs (Especially budget PC builds), Playing instruments (Guitar, Piano APP for PC, Otamatone, Trombone) Camping, Board Games

MOOG

Unless you watch Mighty Car Mods, it's rare you would've heard of them.

Good night time driving music by the way. 

One of my favourites.

AMD Phenom™ II X6 1100T @ 4.0GHz | MSI 890FXA-GD65 | MSI GTX 550Ti | 16GB Kingston DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD 750GB | Antec 300 | ASUS Xonar DG | Corsair A50 | OCZ 600W | Windows 10 Pro

Sony MDR-V250 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402

Intel Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 8GB DDR4 | Windows 10 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 

Intel Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina  Lenovo IdeaPad P580

AMD Phenom™ II X2 550 @ 3.10GHz | Gigabyte GA-MA785GM-US2H | XFX Radeon HD 4870 | 4GB Corsair XMS2 | WD 250GB | Thermaltake TR2 500W | Windows 10 Pro

iPhone 6s (iOS 13.4.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 8.4) | Samsung Galaxy S5e

1 hour ago, BarackOBatman said:

EDIT: OP hasn't posted in years... soo

No idea what kind of broad genres you're into (Rock, pop, Hip hop, Ect..) So here's some of my personal top picks as of late. (I've been really getting into dark synth stuff)

Here's some semi-popular, but not super mainstream, rarely on the radio stuff.

MGMT - Sythpop/Psych Rock. This particular song is goth/synth. If you like psych rock more, check out some of their other stuff like Flash Delerium

Little Dark Age

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtL5oMyBHPs

Joy Division - Post-Punk

Love Will Tear Us Apart

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuuObGsB0No

MGMT has won a Grammy and when time was right Time to pretend, kids, electric feel was on repeat on the radio over here atleast.

And comon. Everyone has heard Love will tear us apart.  It's featured in countless popular movies and tv-shows.

Great bands but not really lesser know/non-mainstream.

52 minutes ago, Cheezdoodlez said:

MGMT has won a Grammy and when time was right Time to pretend, kids, electric feel was on repeat on the radio over here atleast.

And comon. Everyone has heard Love will tear us apart.  It's featured in countless popular movies and tv-shows.

Great bands but not really lesser know/non-mainstream.

For MGMT, i couldn't resist the shameless suggestion of one of my favorite artists... Plus everything they released since then* has been pretty offbeat and experimental. (maybe except their new album)

Love will tear us apart? yes and no... youre right about it being in movies and stuff, but i feel like the mainstream doesnt really know much else by joy division. Especially when you compare to the stuff you hear on the radio today.

Not to mention, this thread is ancient, so its not like any of this matters anyways.

Share any interests with me? Feel free to message me just to chit chat about whatever. 

(Music) Depeche Mode, The Cure, Pink Floyd, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Cocteau Twins, MGMT, Boy Harsher, The Smiths, Drab Majesty, Chelsea Wolfe, Carly Rae Jepsen, The Smashing Pumpkins, Virgin Prunes, Sky Ferreira, London After Midnight, Jonathan Coulton, Alvvays, Clan of Xymox, Bauhaus, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Anna Von Hausswolff, Joy Division, Sisters of Mercy, She Wants Revenge, The Frozen Autumn, My Bloody Valentine, Type O Negative, The Birthday Party, Leonard Cohen, Switchblade Symphony, Metallica, Creedance Clearwater Revival, Eagles, Elton John, Billy Joel.

(Games) PUBG, Metro Series, Command and Conquer games, Warhammer 40,000 games, Company of Heroes (2), RDR2, CoD4

(Other) Going to the goth club, Firearms, Building PCs (Especially budget PC builds), Playing instruments (Guitar, Piano APP for PC, Otamatone, Trombone) Camping, Board Games

21 hours ago, BarackOBatman said:

Carly Rae Jepsen (SKIP THE DUMB INTRO)

Synth-Pop (in the style of 80's pop)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlFMVzo9uE

I wouldn't really call a singer, who was a contestant on Idol (granted, it was in Canada), has a diamond and two multiple platinum certified singles in the US and who had Justin Bieber executive produce one of her albums, a lesser known artist. 

Even her least commercially successful album got her a lot of praise and commotion in the music press