HD 500's for $300

Hyydrah

lol.. just buy it and let us know if they're real or not :P

Won't be for at least a few days

Until I receive them, that is.

Ahhhh so that's why you're so defensive. I really do hope they're genuine dude, love my 650s.

Post some pics ITT so I can decide if my 60 year old Russian coworker is getting a present.

Edited by ShearMe

?

What else do they sell? Or do they specialize in HD600's or other headphones? Just because they have a million positive reviews doesn't always guarantee a certain deal will not be counterfeits.

Ahhhh so that's why you're so defensive. I really do hope they're genuine dude, love my 650s.

Have you had the chance to compare then to the HD558? I really liked the feel of them but sadly I returned them to BestBuy. I'm considering picking them up again but I really enjoy my DT 770 Pro.

Edited by Gorgatron

Install Gentoo GNU/Linux | "You have been placed on moderator queue. This means that all content you submit will need to be approved by a moderator before it will be shown." | top LEL

Build specs: Corsair 540, i7 2600K @ 4.2Ghz, Asrock z77 extreme4, 16gb DDR3 @1866, 2 x 1TB, GTX 560 ti
Monitors: Asus VG236H, Dell U2713HM Headphones: Koss PortaPro, DT 770 80ohm, AT-AD700 | Steam profile

I didn't order them yet

What else do they sell? Or do they specialize in HD600's or other headphones? Just because they have a million positive reviews doesn't always guarantee a certain deal will not be counterfeits.

Have you had the chance to compare then to the HD558? I really liked the feel of them but sadly I returned them to BestBuy. I'm considering picking them up again but I really enjoy my DT 770 Pro.

I haven't heard of any reports of counterfeits from them. The only negative reactions I've read about were regarding cancelled orders (probably because of low prices), which even large businesses like Future Shop and Best Buy have done to me and people I know

I haven't used either of those headphones yet, but based on what I've read they will suit me best

I haven't heard of any reports of counterfeits from them. The only negative reactions I've read about were regarding cancelled orders (probably because of low prices), which even large businesses like Future Shop and Best Buy have done to me and people I know.

I haven't used either of those headphones yet, but based on what I've read the HD 600s will suit me best since I prefer a more neutral response.

At that rate I would be skeptical but optimistic  :lol: Hopefully this deal isn't a counterfeit. I look forward to a review on the HD 600 here on the forums.

Install Gentoo GNU/Linux | "You have been placed on moderator queue. This means that all content you submit will need to be approved by a moderator before it will be shown." | top LEL

Build specs: Corsair 540, i7 2600K @ 4.2Ghz, Asrock z77 extreme4, 16gb DDR3 @1866, 2 x 1TB, GTX 560 ti
Monitors: Asus VG236H, Dell U2713HM Headphones: Koss PortaPro, DT 770 80ohm, AT-AD700 | Steam profile

At that rate I would be skeptical but optimistic  :lol: Hopefully this deal isn't a counterfeit. I look forward to a review on the HD 600 here on the forums.

Exactly how I feel. I don't have a whole lot of experience with audio at the moment so my review wouldn't be very meaningful

Hurry and order them already! :D

A high positive feedback doesn't guarantee a legit product.. but I have yet to have any problem ordering anything off ebay from sellers with good feedback.

I believe this is legit, and highly doubt they are counterfeit. But for your sake, I hope they are not fake :P

Edited by Kiraaaa

Hurry and order them already! :D

A high positive feedback doesn't guarantee a legit product.. but I have yet to have any problem ordering anything off ebay from sellers with good feedback.

I believe this is legit, and highly doubt they are counterfeit. But for your sake, I hope they are not fake :P

Thanks. I'm not saying that they're guaranteed to be trustworthy but it seems like they are. Let's hope all goes well

Exactly how I feel. I don't have a whole lot of experience with audio at the moment so my review wouldn't be very meaningful.

Do you have an AMP/DAC or soundcard to pair with them? I forgot how many ohms the 600 is.

So from what it sounds like, these headphones are part of what's known as a grey market

"A grey market or gray market, also known as parallel market, is the trade of a commodity through distribution channels which, while legal, are unofficial, unauthorized, or unintended by the original manufacturer. The term gray economy, however, refers to workers being paid under the table, without paying income taxes or contributing to such public services as Social Security and Medicare."

- Wikipedia

If this is true, the headphones are likely not counterfeit at all, and instead can be sold at low prices in its original condition because of this market. While we shouldn't jump to any conclusions yet, this makes a lot of sense due to the item's location, price, and feedback from its purchasers

I'll be sure to let you know how it all goes

Do you have an AMP/DAC or soundcard to pair with them? I forgot how many ohms the 600 is.

300. Its impedence isn't the only factor, some headphones with the same impedence still have different current requirements

I don't have an amp yet but I made a thread on Head-Fi about it and am waiting to see how my motherboard handles them before purchasing one. There are quite a few people on either side of the fence

300. Its impedence isn't the only factor, some headphones with the same impedence still have different current requirements.

I don't have an amp yet but I made a thread on Head-Fi about it and am waiting to see how my motherboard handles them before purchasing one. There are quite a few people on either side of the fence.

I have an ASUS Maximus IV Gene, and it gets plenty loud to drive my 650s (it had problems with my V-moda Crossfade LP's). Motherboard audio is just fine for these in my experience, though I preferred my expensive external DAC and Amp when they were working because of the clarity they provided over an optical connection.

Edited by ShearMe

I have an ASUS Maximus IV Gene, and it gets plenty loud to drive my 650s. Motherboard audio is just fine for these in my experience, though I preferred my expensive external DAC and Amp when they were working just for the clarity they provide over an optical connection.

Wow, excellent, thanks for letting me know. People have said that the 650s are harder to drive. Hopefully our motherboards act similarly, they likely will since neither of them mention any sort of amp

Do they run well using the rear 3.5mm port (lime colored)?

Also, is there any reason why optical is better than the headphone jack? All I know is that the former is a digital signal while the latter is analog

Edit: Nooby question.  :P

I thought sennheiser was pretty zealous on enforcing their pricing especially imposing their prices on ebay sellers as well

either way I haven't heard of these headphones being faked just yet 

seems like a legit listing

I thought sennheiser was pretty zealous on enforcing their pricing especially imposing their prices on ebay sellers as well

either way I haven't heard of these headphones being faked just yet 

seems like a legit listing

Thanks for the response. You're not the only one to say that

Wow, excellent, thanks for letting me know. People have said that the 650s are harder to drive than the 600s. Hopefully our motherboards act similarly, they likely will since neither of them mention any sort of amp.

Do they run well using the rear 3.5mm port (lime colored)?

That's what I use, but the front port sounds the same imo. :D

Also, is there any reason why optical is better than the headphone jack? All I know is that the former is a digital signal while the latter is analog.

Optical is digital, which means it has to be converted to analog in a DAC and then amplified to drive headphones or speakers. The headphone jack comes from the sound chips embedded on the motherboard which do this exact same process inside the computer.

My PC has a lot of electrical noise that adds static I find unappealing, even over USB, so I bought an external DAC and amplifier for my headphones. The optical connection uses fiber optics so no electrical noise gets transferred from my PC to my DAC/amp. The difference isn't huge, but enough for a snob like me to be picky about.

That's what I use, but the front port sounds the same imo. :D

Optical is digital, which means it has to be converted to analog in a DAC and then amplified to drive headphones or speakers. The headphone jack comes from the sound chips embedded on the motherboard which do this exact same process inside the computer.

My PC has a lot of electrical noise that adds static I find unappealing, even over USB, so I bought an external DAC and amplifier for my headphones. The optical connection uses fiber optics so no electrical noise gets transferred from my PC to my DAC/amp. The difference isn't huge, but enough for a snob like me to be picky about.

I see. I posted a thread about something similar here in case you can help answer that too

• 3 weeks later...