HD 500's for $300

Hyydrah

Just thought I'd share this amazing deal with the community. They're about $400+ new everywhere else, this is by far the cheapest I've seen them new

Yes, it's legitimate. I purchased them from here

>Price:AU $309.00

Approximately C $298.03

angry-no.png

I would love to try these though but I am not from Canada.

Install Gentoo GNU/Linux | "You have been placed on moderator queue. This means that all content you submit will need to be approved by a moderator before it will be shown." | top LEL

Build specs: Corsair 540, i7 2600K @ 4.2Ghz, Asrock z77 extreme4, 16gb DDR3 @1866, 2 x 1TB, GTX 560 ti
Monitors: Asus VG236H, Dell U2713HM Headphones: Koss PortaPro, DT 770 80ohm, AT-AD700 | Steam profile

>Price:AU $309.00

Approximately C $298.03

angry-no.png

I would love to try these though but I am not from Canada.

What do you mean by "no"? Still too expensive?

They can be shipped internationally by the way

What do you mean by "no"? Still too expensive?

They can be shipped internationally by the way. "C $9.64 Express International Flat Rate Postage"

Not all of us are in Canada and why is it showing Australian dollar currency if the item is being shipped from Hong Kong, Hong Kong?

Install Gentoo GNU/Linux | "You have been placed on moderator queue. This means that all content you submit will need to be approved by a moderator before it will be shown." | top LEL

Build specs: Corsair 540, i7 2600K @ 4.2Ghz, Asrock z77 extreme4, 16gb DDR3 @1866, 2 x 1TB, GTX 560 ti
Monitors: Asus VG236H, Dell U2713HM Headphones: Koss PortaPro, DT 770 80ohm, AT-AD700 | Steam profile

Not all of us are in Canada and why is it showing Australian dollar currency if the item is being shipped from Hong Kong, Hong Kong?

I have no idea, but it's a very reputable retailer. 99.6% positive feedback, top-rated seller and have sold <=38 of these headphones alone

You don't have to be in Canada to purchase it, it has international shipping and based on it only costing under $10 going from Australia to Canada, I'd imagine that it'd be very inexpensive no matter where you are

I have no idea, but it's a very reputable retailer. 99.6% positive feedback, top-rated seller and have sold <=38 of these headphones alone.

You don't have to be in Canada to purchase it, it has international shipping and based on it only costing under $10 going from Australia to Canada, I'd imagine that it'd be very inexpensive no matter where you are.

I know. It is just really awkward with all that conversion.

The thing about ebay deals is that they rarely are...

watch out for counterfeits.

"Pardon my French but this is just about the most ignorant blanket statement I've ever read. And though this is the internet, I'm not even exaggerating."

The thing about ebay deals is that they rarely are...

watch out for counterfeits.

They've sold at least 38 of them and has 99%+ positive responses, and is a top seller

So the chinese finally found out how to make counterfeit Sennheiser headphones... bout time.

There's no way they're counterfeit, the seller is top rated and has over 99% positive feedback. The pricing isn't unrealistic either, their competitors are selling them for around $400

There's no way they're counterfeit, the seller is top rated and has over 99% positive feedback. The pricing isn't unrealistic either, their competitors are selling them for around $400.

ShearMe just had a very bad experience with a similar headphone deal that was too good to be true.  That's always my motto "If it's too good to be true, it usually is".  Especially since Sennheiser has hard-set those prices.  Even if they are real you can't get them repaired since it's not an authorized dealer.

"Pardon my French but this is just about the most ignorant blanket statement I've ever read. And though this is the internet, I'm not even exaggerating."

ShearMe just had a very bad experience with a similar headphone deal that was too good to be true.  That's always my motto "If it's too good to be true, it usually is".  Especially since Sennheiser has hard-set those prices.  Even if they are real you can't get them repaired since it's not an authorized dealer.

You just buy the replacement part. It's very modular

Was his retailer a top rated seller?

I'd buy used Sennheisers any day on Ebay, but that pricing is unrealistic for anything new (outside of a particularly good Black Friday sale).

Top rated seller don't mean squat.

Edited by ShearMe

I'd buy used Sennheisers any day on Ebay, but that pricing is unrealistic for anything new (outside of a particularly good Black Friday sale).

Top rated seller don't mean squat.

What makes you say that?

Ebay is somewhat of a free market. If one person legitimately starts selling HD 600s at $300, there's going to be a lot more that follow suit. Since they haven't followed suit, it's safe to surmise this seller is selling fake HD 600s. I'm not saying the seller is particularly at fault - he/she probably doesn't even know a fake sennheiser from a real one.

Say you live in China, and you run a fairly well regarded Ebay store. Uncle Jimmy meets a friend at a bar who heard about your shop and happens to be a "supplier" of a well regarded headphone. You mainly sell camera stuff, but whats wrong with sell an expensive headphone if people will buy it, right? You're not even super familiar with the pricing of these things, but the dude sold you a small crate of these things for a grand, and working out the math, you see you could make a good profit selling them at a fair $300. So you put them up - and what do ya know, they sell like hotcakes! So you buy another crate, and suddenly one of your customers wants a refund. Then another and another. You don't speak English very well, and you're not particularly sure why all these people are unhappy, but being the reputable business you try to be you refund the sales and resell the headphones as used or open box. Eventually someone who speaks mandarin explains to you that these are fakes, and you're furious! You try to track down that distributor, but he's already left town.

That might sound a bit far fetched, maybe because I didn't get any sleep last night, but I think it could happen!  :ph34r:

Ebay is somewhat of a free market. If one person legitimately starts selling HD 600s at $300, there's going to be a lot more that follow suit. Since they haven't followed suit, it's safe to surmise this seller is selling fake HD 600s. I'm not saying the seller is particularly at fault - he/she probably doesn't even know a fake sennheiser from a real one.

Say you live in China, and you run a fairly well regarded Ebay store. Uncle Jimmy meets a friend at a bar who heard about your shop and happens to be a "supplier" of a well regarded headphone. You mainly sell camera stuff, but whats wrong with sell an expensive headphone if people will buy it, right? You're not even super familiar with the pricing of these things, but the dude sold you a small crate of these things for a grand, and working out the math, you see you could make a good profit selling them at a fair $300. So you put them up - and what do ya know, they sell like hotcakes! So you buy another crate, and suddenly one of your customers wants a refund. Then another and another. You don't speak English very well, and you're not particularly sure why all these people are unhappy, but being the reputable business you try to be you refund the sales and resell the headphones as used or open box. Eventually someone who speaks mandarin explains to you that these are fakes, and you're furious! You try to track down that distributor, but he's already left town.

That might sound a bit far fetched, maybe because I didn't get any sleep last night, but I think it could happen!  :ph34r:

I agree that it's a possibility, but I don't understand why they would be a top-rated seller and have 99.6% positive feedback. If they were fake, wouldn't they sound bad as most fakes seem to? If that were the case, the buyer would probably submit negative feedback and thus lowering the positive feedback percentage

Not to mention that the retailer has many other products worth hundreds of dollars each, and still has a seemingly excellent reputation

I checked the seller out, and like I said, he is a camera store first and general electronics second. I doubt many of the people buying headphones from him know what real HD 600s sound like and simply perceive it to be great sounding since they spent so much money on it. That's the whole reason people like Beats headphones.

None of the reviews in the past month were about the Sennheiser HD 600s - trust me I checked.

I've never heard of any fake HD600 though...

I checked the seller out, and like I said, he is a camera store first and general electronics second. I doubt many of the people buying headphones from him know what real HD 600s sound like and simply perceive it to be great sounding since they spent so much money on it. That's the whole reason people like Beats headphones.

None of the reviews in the past month were about the Sennheiser HD 600s - trust me I checked.

That doesn't mean they're not trustworthy, there are plenty of privately-run stores around me that sell somewhat random but expensive products even though they specialize in something else. As I said earlier, there is a chance that it's illegitimate but I really don't think so if out of the 38 people, no one realized that they were counterfeit (you don't need to listen to them to know, it only takes a misplaced label or whatnot to give it away)

Also, Newegg was apparently selling them for $309 before discontinuing them

I've never heard of any fake HD600 though...

Hence my "bout time" comment.

Yeah, and that was a really good sale. This, however, isn't a sale. 

That doesn't mean they're not trustworthy, there are plenty of privately-run stores around me that sell somewhat random but expensive products even though they specialize in something else. As I said earlier, there is a chance that it's illegitimate but I really don't think so if out of the 38 people, no one realized that they were counterfeit (you don't need to listen to them to know, it only takes a misplaced label or whatnot to give it away).

I didn't say the seller wasn't trustworthy. I wouldn't be surprised if 38 out of 38 people were fooled or didn't care. Obviously neither one of us can be proven right until we buy a pair....

Wanna split it?  :lol:

What makes you say that?

38 positive reviews isn't a whole lot. If there are a lot more reviews it still doesn't mean anything if they sell other crap.

38 positive reviews isn't a whole lot. If there are a lot more reviews it still doesn't mean anything if they sell other crap.

Positive reviews for what? Their Ebay store has 10001 positive ratings from this year alone