Asus "trace free" feature

Spev

So on all (that I know of) Asus monitors have a "trace free" option in the menu. I believe this refers to potential response time or input lag? It goes up or down in chunks of 20, from 1-100, default setting it 60. I obviously want the best response/input time for competitive gaming, soooo what should I put it at? 0 or 100? I'm really confused and can't find any info about this online....any help?

Current PC build: [CPU: Intel i7 8700k] [GPU: GTX 1070 Asus ROG Strix] [Ram: Corsair LPX 32GB 3000MHz] [Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-A] [SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB primary + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB secondary] [PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750w 80plus] [Monitors: Dual Dell Ultrasharp U2718Qs, 4k IPS] [Case: Fractal Design R5]

So on all (that I know of) Asus monitors have a "trace free" option in the menu. I believe this refers to potential response time or input lag? It goes up or down in chunks of 20, from 1-100, default setting it 60. I obviously want the best response/input time for competitive gaming, soooo what should I put it at? 0 or 100? I'm really confused and can't find any info about this online....any help?

It overshoots stuff to get rid of ghosting (Overdrive) , it doesn't work well for me though

I'd keep it at 60 (Default)

It controls the overdrive for the response time. Lower means more ghosting, higher gives the potential for inverse ghosting. Testing has found that 40 or 60 are usually the best settings for it.

Do you have somewhere I can read about this? I believe you but I would like to read more about it. I'm also interesting in other settings (not directly related to response time) that could potentially help out lowering this as well. 

Current PC build: [CPU: Intel i7 8700k] [GPU: GTX 1070 Asus ROG Strix] [Ram: Corsair LPX 32GB 3000MHz] [Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-A] [SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB primary + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB secondary] [PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750w 80plus] [Monitors: Dual Dell Ultrasharp U2718Qs, 4k IPS] [Case: Fractal Design R5]

Do you have somewhere I can read about this? I believe you but I would like to read more about it. I'm also interesting in other settings (not directly related to response time) that could potentially help out lowering this as well. 

https://pcmonitors.info/reviews/asus-pb279q/

Trace Free tests are at the very bottom.

In competitive gaming, you won't find much difference between what you'll be able to get from overdrive, and if you tweak too much you may need to get reacquainted with the new way things look. Just like when I upgraded and went from hard-core Dota at 20fps, playing the game then at 120 constant for was a huge leap, and took me a week or two to get used to.

If you're comfortable where you're at, and you're doing well competitively then there's no real reason to jump around trying to get 1 or 2 extra hrz on your panel. It can cause more harm than good many times.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||