Pentium II Audio System

Sweet, I'll look at posting them. 2 of them came from an old PIII Gateway and the others came from old custom builds. Large and built like tanks, i'll probably put them up for $1 if I can :)

Also how many would you want?

2 at least, probably 4+, and the only ODD I have that aren't built like tanks are my 2004 CD RW drive, and my 2013 DVD multi recorder. The DVD +/-R drive from 2004 is as big as the 1995 Compaq CD RW drive in my slot 1 rig.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

2 at least, probably 4+, and the only ODD I have that aren't built like tanks are my 2004 CD RW drive, and my 2013 DVD multi recorder. The DVD +/-R drive from 2004 is as big as the 1995 Compaq CD RW drive in my slot 1 rig.

Sweet, I have some time tomorrow so I might throw them up then

A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist.

Core 4 Quad Not Extreme, only available on LGA 557 at your local Circuit City

Sorry I haven't been able to get back to you for a while but I didn't put the optical drives up since shipping would cost to much for it to be worth it for both of us. I would recommend local repair shops if you want to find some (that's were I got some of mine)sorry for the late reply but don't forget to update me on your retro build ;)

Sorry I haven't been able to get back to you for a while but I didn't put the optical drives up since shipping would cost to much for it to be worth it for both of us. I would recommend local repair shops if you want to find some (that's were I got some of mine)sorry for the late reply but don't forget to update me on your retro build ;)

That's alright, I'll just spread out what I have among my rigs instead of maxing each one out. An I'll keep you posted, I've just got to wait on the HDD and I'll be able to have all rigs fully set up.

PMSL

Alright, so today I am going to work on turning this system into my audio rig for streaming music and just messing around with MIDI files in general. I originally planned on making use of it as a gaming rig but since I am in no way a gamer (and the system lacks any form of voodoo cards) It just seems inappropriate. 

I will post an update later today once I can figure out how to transfer these Sound blaster live drivers onto the system. ;)

Alright, so today I am going to work on turning this system into my audio rig for streaming music and just messing around with MIDI files in general. I originally planned on making use of it as a gaming rig but since I am in no way a gamer (and the system lacks any form of voodoo cards) It just seems inappropriate. 

I will post an update later today once I can figure out how to transfer these Sound blaster live drivers onto the system. ;)

Woot!

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

I'm on board the struggle bus and need help!

So I thought I could throw the drivers on an optical disk and copy them over onto the computer, that did work.

Do I need to format the CD a certain way for it to show the files or is there an easier way to copy drivers from a Windows 7 machine over to a Windows 98 Machine.

I do have a floppy drive on both rigs so that is an option, the only problem is how do I compress a 8mb install.exe onto a floppy disk :/

@tmcclelland455 I have no idea if you have done something like this before and if so how the hell did you ;)

(I tried a flash drive, as you can see that did not work)

iJRGIUe.jpg

I'm on board the struggle bus and need help!

So I thought I could throw the drivers on an optical disk and copy them over onto the computer, that did work.

Do I need to format the CD a certain way for it to show the files or is there an easier way to copy drivers from a Windows 7 machine over to a Windows 98 Machine.

I do have a floppy drive on both rigs so that is an option, the only problem is how do I compress a 8mb install.exe onto a floppy disk :/

@tmcclelland455 I have no idea if you have done something like this before and if so how the hell did you ;)

(I tried a flash drive, as you can see that did not work)

I just did drag and drop and that worked.

Do you have 98 or 98 SE on it?

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

I just did drag and drop and that worked.

Do you have 98 or 98 SE on it?

98 SE

98 SE

Put this on a CD and install it. http://www.technical-assistance.co.uk/drivers/nusb33e.exe

That should put an end to your flash drive woes.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Spoiler

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Put this on a CD and install it. http://www.technical-assistance.co.uk/drivers/nusb33e.exe

Sweet, I shall try

Would that work under MS DOS 6.22? Because at the moment I'm running out of 3.5" floppies as most of them are deegraded. (I'd use 5'25" floppies as I've got loads, but I don't have the drive anymore).

PMSL

Would that work under MS DOS 6.22? Because at the moment I'm running out of 3.5" floppies as most of them are deegraded. (I'd use 5'25" floppies as I've got loads, but I don't have the drive anymore).

Possibly, Might be worth giving a try

Nope. Just for 98SE.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Spoiler

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Nope. Just for 98SE.

Bugger, I'll need to look around for a USB driver then.

PMSL

Update:

Gave up on Windows 98, installed XP on another partition, working like a charm :)

I got the drivers to work on Windows 98 but I soon realized the software I wanted to use was not supported :angry:

Here are some screenshots:

GNVlEzp.png

P8svgVj.png

I will try to make a video tonight showing off the rig in its final state, if not I will tomorrow as an Easter present ;)

@tmcclelland455 here it is!

To a while to get setup but the thing is working like a charm. I think i can finally say that this build is...

Over.

@tmcclelland455 here it is!

To a while to get setup but the thing is working like a charm. I think i can finally say that this build is...

Over.

What software is that? If that would work on 98SE... I have several computers ready... :D

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Spoiler

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

What software is that? If that would work on 98SE... I have several computers ready... :D

PCDJ, there are many differant versions but I do know there is one for Windows 98, It might be PCDJ Silver or something like that.