Two 140 top fans, intake or exhaust?

Mattophobia

So, I've got a 650D case. So it's got a 200mm intake at the front and a 120mm exhaust at the back. I've got a H110 mounted to the top with the fans in a push, intake configuration at the moment. But I'm unsure if this is the correct setup. Should I have them in a pull/exhaust configuration or a push/pull exhaust config (Can't do Push/exhaust and I'm unsure if the 650D has the space for a push/pull).

Thanks.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I've got a GTX 780 with a EVGA ACX cooler on that is exhausting some air out the back.

I would say exhaust.. But then you will have negative airflow . Do you have anymore spots for fans?

That's what I was thinking!

Unfortunately not. The 650D is quite limited in fan slots. I was thinking of cutting out a space for a fan on the bottom of the case between the front HDD cages and the PSU, but that's not somthing I want to do just yet if I can help it.

Exhaust, becuase hor air flows upwards

msi z97m gaming - i5 4690k @4.4ghz 1.2V corsair h110 powercolor r9 290x pcs+ - 8GB corsair vengeance dual channel @2133mhz - thermaltake smart power se 730watts - intel 530 series 240GB ssd seagate 1tb 7200rpm - corsiar obsidian 350D - 2x enermax tb silence 140mm - logitech x-530 - sony mdr xb600 - medion 24'' 1080P cm storm quickfire tk white edition with cherry mx red cheap but awesome mouse #GloriousPaintMasterRace

Any ventilation on side panel? Hot air raises, yes, but I'd say when cpu is liquid cooled, one exhaust could be enought. If it isn't too much trouble, place some sort of thermometer inside case and try both options.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Any ventilation on side panel? Hot air raises, yes, but I'd say when cpu is liquid cooled, one exhaust could be enought. If it isn't too much trouble, place some sort of thermometer inside case and try both options.

Unfortunately not. It's a bit of a awkward case. 

I shall try that!

top fans should definitely be exhaust since the warm air is rising to the top and will try to get out that way. Wouldn't wanna push it back down. So what you should do is set the rear 120mm fan as an intake - since you use an aio-watercooler this config is gonna work fine and that way you're probably gonna have something close to positive airpressure...

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

Top fans can bring some dust into the case if they are positioned as a intake 

I suggest you place it as a exhaust .

configure your airflow as to the air moves from the front to the back !

FX 6300 @ 4.2 Gigahurtz 1.325V ,  ASRock 970 Extreme 4 mobo  ,  Kingston Hyperx Blu 2X4GB @1600Mhz  , Asus GTX 960 DCU ii Black OC  , Hyper 212 Evo , Samsung 850 Evo 250 GB , WD 1 TB caviar Green , Xonar DG sound card , Seasonic M12ii Evo 620W PSU , Corsair 200R case ,4 random case fans.

If there no filters then do exhaust if there is give intake a go but top normally is exhaust in my experience. 

My Build  CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955@4.1@Ghz Mobo: Asus M5A99x Evo R2.0 GPU: Asus 7870T @1.25GHz Core 5.5GHz Mem Ram: Kingston HyperX@ 1600 9-9-9-24 CPU Cooler: H80 Push/Pull Noctua NF-P12  SSD: Samsung 128GB 840 PRO HDD: Mix of drives which add up to 5.6TB SoundCard: Asus xonar DGX PSU: Corsair HX650 + alchemy cables Case: R3 with the rest of the fans being fractel fans.

Im A Snake.....

I would do pull(exhaust) for the radiator and have the exhaust fan filtered by buying a filter and having it as intake to get positive air pressure.

Edited by mgsstar

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

I would do pull(exhaust) for the radiator and have the exhaust fan filtered by buying a filter and having it as intake to get positive air pressure.

Exactly what I was going to suggest! +1  

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

I didn't think to do this. I have ordered a filter for the rear fan!