modular or non-modular

Venum
Go to solution Solved by Aniallation,

I am stuck between the corsair vs550 and the seasonic m12ii 520w 80 bronze evo fully modular.

both are single rail 12v and at 40A. would i benefit from a modular psu need your inputs on this :)

It's not even about modular or not in this case, the Seasonic M12II will mop the floor with the Corsair VS. Hands down get the Seasonic. The VS is Corsair's lowest end PSU and Corsair doesn't make fantastic PSUs in the first place (aside from AX)

I am stuck between the corsair vs550 and the seasonic m12ii 520w 80 bronze evo fully modular.

both are single rail 12v and at 40A. would i benefit from a modular psu need your inputs on this :)

Is it a new system, and are you looking for a nicely cable-managed look? If you want good cable management looks then I'd say go with the Fully modular.

Downloading programs from CNet is not a good idea, as they will commonly include unwanted, and sometimes dangerous bloatware... The more you know.

modular

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

modular or semi modular, never non-modular.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

It's not even about modular or not in this case, the Seasonic M12II will mop the floor with the Corsair VS. Hands down get the Seasonic. The VS is Corsair's lowest end PSU and Corsair doesn't make fantastic PSUs in the first place (aside from AX)

"Rawr XD"

btw guys the corsair psu is @$50 and seasonic is @$70 is the $20 price difference worth the 80bronze rating and modular feature?