HP Pavilion Revamp: Plan B

QueenDemetria

Sounds like a plan :P Just change the LED's if you don't like the colour. It's not too difficult. Or just change the colour of what the LED is shining though.

The case LED will be relatively easy to swap out, I just have to undo most of my work thanks to cable management lol. Sadly my cluster F* of cables makes it hard to reach front panel connector so Ill have to do a bunch of work just for 1 led, lol. The BTF90's LED's will be much harder, since they are mounted in a weird way and I don't know how to get the fan apart. I might use the BTF90 on my next project though, so I might not need to do anything with it.

Edit: After little debate with myself I have decided that its not a good idea to use my butterfly for my next project. I have a more efficient heatsink and I don't want to risk discoloring it.

A butteryfly CPU cooler? That'll be a first on LTT :D

Do you already have the cooler? It seems to be out of stock everywhere I look

Yep, I've had it since my Pentium e2200 lol. I love my butterfly so much :)

Keep in mind those store bought cases (HP, Compaq, especially Dell) have the crappiest of the crappy when it comes to airflow, even with fans your vid card will over heat, and often.

Keep in mind those store bought cases (HP, Compaq, especially Dell) have the crappiest of the crappy when it comes to airflow, even with fans your vid card will over heat, and often.

I know lol, that's partially why I am doing this project. From my early testing with this case the CPU airflow was only okay, but the GPU airfow was pretty terrible, especially when adding a PSU with large fan instead of the original 80mm fan. So far I have I have given the CPU plenty of airflow by adding the 120mm fan to the front of the case, but I still have to work on the GPU/PSU airflow. Right now I am only planning on cutting a hole in the side of the case and adding some form of mesh, but I think I'll add fans too if needed.

Edit: Actually you reminded me, I need to start planning how I want to cut the side panel. I'm thinking about using some angles and getting creative with shapes.

Uhh, sure. How big is it? Banana for scale pls.

Big enough. Its larger than your side panel.

You scrub... but whatever that's fine. I'll pick it up tomorrow when I go to Petsmart(Spoiler: Another build log incoming).

Yuy, more build logs..

I should do a build log for my old dell... It's motherboard took a shit and died last night... I JUST WANT TO USE YOU AS A HTPC IN MY BEDROOM!! WHY U DO DIS TO ME BEFORE SPRING BREAK

RIP 6+ year old sketchy Dell motherboard. That I abused... A lot... Overclocked GPU, folding, benching, and just all around finding ways to see what would push it over the edge... Well, I found it, but a bit too early.

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

Yuy, more build logs..

I should do a build log for my old dell... It's motherboard took a shit and died last night... I JUST WANT TO USE YOU AS A HTPC IN MY BEDROOM!! WHY U DO DIS TO ME BEFORE SPRING BREAK

RIP 6+ year old sketchy Dell motherboard. That I abused... A lot... Overclocked GPU, folding, benching, and just all around finding ways to see what would push it over the edge... Well, I found it, but a bit too early.

I'm excited for the next one :). What Dell do you have? If its a really old SFF Dell I might have a motherboard for it.

finish it, finish it

I will :) This week progress will be slow, since all I have time for is switching out a LED and testing processors for OCing, but next week I should be able to start painting :).

Following this build since I personally have a HP Pavilion P6000 and I upgraded my PC last year with some new parts. Can't wait to see the progress of this build. I will post mine HP computer as well.

Specs

CPU: Athlon II X2 250 3GHz

Motherboard: ALPINIA-GL8 H-ALPINIA-RS780
RAM: 5GB of random SAMSUNG 1600MHz
PSU: Fractal Design Integra R2 650-Watt 80 PLUS Bronze
Storage: Crucial M4 64GB, Western Digital 300GB, LG Super-Multi DVD+/-RW
Case: 2009 era HP base model
GPU: Nvidia GeForce 8400 GS

Pictures
6CXwNzk.jpgvq7683n.jpgcJ6AFKP.jpgYsIHk6a.jpgHnor5Cv.jpgRCcMb0P.jpg

Computer and other things (My Phanteks Enthoo Elite build is done)

Spoiler

Main Computer

Spoiler

Processor: Intel Core i7 6850k @4.5GHz
Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ROG Edition 10
Heatsink: Custom Hardline
Memory: Corsaor Dominator 16GB (4GB x2) DDR4 3000MHz 
Video Card: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
Hard Drive: x2 OCZ ARC 100 240GB RAID 0 (Boot), Western Digital 4TB SSHD (Steam), x2 Adata 512GB (Steam)
Main GUI: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

All That Extra Stuff

Spoiler

Monitor: x2 Dell U2414H
Keyboard: Ducky Shine 5 RGB (Cherry MX Blue)
Mouse: Logitech G502
Headset: AKG K553 Pro Studio Headphones
Speakers: Boston Accustics Home Media Theater 2.1 + Boston Accustics Soundbar
Microphone: Audio Technica AT-2035 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo
Sound: Creative Sound Blaster E5 DAC

Server

Spoiler

Case: Rosewill 4U Rackmount RSV-L4500

Processor: Intel Xeon E5-2670 V3 12C/24T

Motherboard: Asrock x99 Extreme 4

Ram: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2133 4x4GB

Video Card: Nvidia GT520

OS Drive: Kingston Hyperx 240GB SSD

Raid Card: LSI MegaRaid  9261-8i 8-port

Hard Drives: x7 HGST 4TB Nas

Following this build since I personally have a HP Pavilion P6000 and I upgraded my PC last year with some new parts. Can't wait to see the progress of this build. I will post mine HP computer as well.

Specs

CPU: Athlon II X2 250 3GHz

Motherboard: ALPINIA-GL8 H-ALPINIA-RS780

RAM: 5GB of random SAMSUNG 1600MHz

PSU: Fractal Design Integra R2 650-Watt 80 PLUS Bronze

Storage: Crucial M4 64GB, Western Digital 300GB, LG Super-Multi DVD+/-RW

Case: 2009 era HP base model

GPU: Nvidia GeForce 8400 GS

Pictures

6CXwNzk.jpgvq7683n.jpgcJ6AFKP.jpgYsIHk6a.jpgHnor5Cv.jpgRCcMb0P.jpg

Nice :) Are you done upgrading your your HP or is there more to come?

An AVC fansink, it's been a while since I've seen one of them. Every prebuilt I've worked on has had one.

Followed.

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

An AVC fansink, it's been a while seen I've seen one of them. Every prebuilt I've worked on has had one.

Followed.

Lol. For a stock style heatsink, its actually pretty good. The only reason why I'm using the TX3 is because it looks better and makes the machine look "faster" lol. The Fan that it comes with is enough to make a tornado lol, I wouldn't want to get my finger caught in it.

makes the machine look "faster" lol.

cannot resist posting "gotta go fast" meme

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

I'm using a die grinder with arbor and 3" cutting wheel. Its not the most ideal tool for precision work, but it gets the job done I guess :)

OMG that makes my Dremel look like a dentist's drill.

Rated R build log.

38a870ce8cc6348d9f31ac916824d6df-could-r

This ^

roYEPfr.jpg

Oh she's using a blade master...teasing me right? You're really going to fit an Apache Black right?

And yes, this project is very NSFW, I haven't warn any eye or ear protection at all. At least I have a clean hole though  :).

Aaaaaand now I have to excuse myself. 

Edit: 

I would, but that's too much work for this project and I want to keep it blue. 

Seriously, I could be here all day.

...it might involve dipping it in oil, for science   :).

Amen to that baby!

Edit: God I wish I was Demi Lovato right now (I can't find an image of Demi with a wonton enough expression for what I'm feeling right now)...  

post-67079-0-40091600-1427292270.jpg

"I try to put good out into the world...that way I can believe it's out there." --CKN                  “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.” --Wayne Dyer            

[Needs Updating] My PC: i5-10600K @TBD / 32GB DDR4 @4000MHz / Z490 AORUS Elite AC / Titan RTX / Samsung 1TB 960 Evo / EVGA SuperNova 850 T2

@GuruMeditationError  Well then....

ALCATRAZ |   CPU: i9 9900k @ 5GHz, Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-A, RAM: Corsair Vengence LPX 32GB, GPU: Gigabyte 1070Ti Case: Zalman MS800 Plus, Storage: Corsair 2TB NVME | Crucial M550 128GB SSD  |  WD 640GB HDD, PSU: XFX Pro Series 1050w, Display: ASUS MG279Q, Cooling: Noctua NH-D15

@GuruMeditationError  Well then....

Dude...she uses power tools...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oe4EYfkC_8M

"I try to put good out into the world...that way I can believe it's out there." --CKN                  “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.” --Wayne Dyer            

[Needs Updating] My PC: i5-10600K @TBD / 32GB DDR4 @4000MHz / Z490 AORUS Elite AC / Titan RTX / Samsung 1TB 960 Evo / EVGA SuperNova 850 T2

-huge snip-

Dentist drills can be kinda scary. I had one start burning in my mouth... O.o

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

I know. I've got an oversensitised gag reaction also, which doesn't help (seriously, you don't want to know).   :wacko:

Nice :) Are you done upgrading your your HP or is there more to come?

Nope not done yet. At the end of the year it will be getting my GTX 670 and maybe a Phenom II X4 or X6 since it might be mainly a Plex server,so I need all them cores for it. Trying to get use to Linux now so then I will be fully able to run the Plex software properly. Last year I did buy a water cooler for it but I couldn't figure out how I wanted mount it so I just sold it but I will be buying a Noctua cooler and fans for it in a few months.

Computer and other things (My Phanteks Enthoo Elite build is done)

Spoiler

Main Computer

Spoiler

Processor: Intel Core i7 6850k @4.5GHz
Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ROG Edition 10
Heatsink: Custom Hardline
Memory: Corsaor Dominator 16GB (4GB x2) DDR4 3000MHz 
Video Card: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
Hard Drive: x2 OCZ ARC 100 240GB RAID 0 (Boot), Western Digital 4TB SSHD (Steam), x2 Adata 512GB (Steam)
Main GUI: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

All That Extra Stuff

Spoiler

Monitor: x2 Dell U2414H
Keyboard: Ducky Shine 5 RGB (Cherry MX Blue)
Mouse: Logitech G502
Headset: AKG K553 Pro Studio Headphones
Speakers: Boston Accustics Home Media Theater 2.1 + Boston Accustics Soundbar
Microphone: Audio Technica AT-2035 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo
Sound: Creative Sound Blaster E5 DAC

Server

Spoiler

Case: Rosewill 4U Rackmount RSV-L4500

Processor: Intel Xeon E5-2670 V3 12C/24T

Motherboard: Asrock x99 Extreme 4

Ram: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2133 4x4GB

Video Card: Nvidia GT520

OS Drive: Kingston Hyperx 240GB SSD

Raid Card: LSI MegaRaid  9261-8i 8-port

Hard Drives: x7 HGST 4TB Nas

Oh she's using a blade master...teasing me right? You're really going to fit an Apache Black right?

Edit: God I wish I was Demi Lovato right now (I can't find an image of Demi with a wonton enough expression for what I'm feeling right now)...  

Lol, I like my tools. And yep that's a 92mm Blade Master, not sure what you are asking though. Is this the expression you are looking for?: 

eOABBH3.gif

Lol, just be glad dentists aren't using my die grinder. That thing can jack you up.

Nope not done yet. At the end of the year it will be getting my GTX 670 and maybe a Phenom II X4 or X6 since it might be mainly a Plex server,so I need all them cores for it. Trying to get use to Linux now so then I will be fully able to run the Plex software properly. Last year I did buy a water cooler for it but I couldn't figure out how I wanted mount it so I just sold it but I will be buying a Noctua cooler and fans for it in a few months.

Nice, are you doing a build log on it? Also, why are you going with a low profile cooler?(just curious)

Lol, I like my tools. And yep that's a 92mm Blade Master, not sure what you are asking though. Is this the expression you are looking for?: 

No no, I'm talking about the come-hither expression I'd wear for you if I looked like Demi Lovato ;0)