GTX 970 Owners Club

2 minutes ago, SkilledRebuilds said:

Yeah I noticed that by comparisons..

Thats why I added my post.

Was pleasantly surprised.

(I should probably overclock mine, some people are getting 16000 graphics scores with 1060s!) xD

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

• 2 months later...

I havePalit GTX970 Jetstream. Here is my bios. I will appreciate if somebody help me tweak it. 
https://mega.nz/#!y9QWGZKK!DoHlBuwwMDnSYAmhc6F2YOJgiMCfqaJ8db_9Pbz_Gn0
Default:1152 BOOST:1304 RAM:1753. I can make it work on 1550 but in games 1515 is the most stable with +750 Memmory offset.
I get voltage limit so i guess i need voltage unlocked bios.Voltage is +87 & Power limit is 111%. The card have 8 & 6 pins

Its almost as fast as stock TGX980 but I know i can go faster with this one.What gains I can excpect out of the tweaked bios over this results???
I see the most powerfull 970s are around 1600s & memmory around 8000 so it seems I dont have alot of room.

On 20.03.2015 г. at 4:59 AM, Gofspar said:

not good at all dude, you need to copy the data from my bios into your bios. behind the scenes the bios is paging memory differently which in the end will lead to a fucked card, send me your bios and ill make a Hynix version for ALL of my bios

I havePalit GTX970 Jetstream. Here is my bios. I will appreciate if somebody help me tweak it. 
https://mega.nz/#!y9QWGZKK!DoHlBuwwMDnSYAmhc6F2YOJgiMCfqaJ8db_9Pbz_Gn0
Default:1152 BOOST:1304 RAM:1753. I can make it work on 1550 but in games 1515 is the most stable with +750 Memmory offset.
I get voltage limit so i guess i need voltage unlocked bios.Voltage is +87 & Power limit is 111%. The card have 8 & 6 pins

Its almost as fast as stock TGX980 but I know i can go faster with this one.What gains I can excpect out of the tweaked bios over this results???
I see the most powerfull 970s are around 1600s & memmory around 8000 so it seems I dont have alot of room.

• 2 weeks later...

I just flashed my Palit GTX970 Jetstream sevral times and I get almost the same results as before. What might be the rason? Are Palit cards hard locked or what? In benchmarks i have higher scores but in BF4 my core was 1515mhz now is 1519mhz or maybe 15130 -something. WHAT IS THE REASON ????
The screen shows 1605mhz but it crashes. i give a link to the BIOS i edited:
https://mega.nz/#!4hZknLYL!_ZR8yANMLDEOrD30ePV5TFyUfggvXOhNKM0b-hRdzBQ

LL

• 4 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Nikova said:

YEP DEAD FORUM

Your gpu can only be pushed so far, just because you flashed it doesn't mean it will overclock any better, palit cards are on the cheaper side.

my msi 970 got to 1554mhz and that was it, bios flash did nothing.

your gpu will be stable at 1600mhz if it's not doing anything... once you start to benchmark that's when you know if it's stable.

15 minutes ago, MrJarhead said:

Your gpu can only be pushed so far, just because you flashed it doesn't mean it will overclock any better, palit cards are on the cheaper side.

my msi 970 got to 1554mhz and that was it, bios flash did nothing.

your gpu will be stable at 1600mhz if it's not doing anything... once you start to benchmark that's when you know if it's stable.

Yeah, thats common sense :) Palit maybe cheaper but they have very good memmory and heatsing on the vram with good cooler.BTW after the flash I got around 40mhz more with the same RAM OC-+750 on 3505mhz stock. Thats not bad for "cheaper" card. The flash just gave me more stable OC thats it. My core clock is also 1555mhz. MSI are more expensive because they put more where its not necessary.Thicker pcb, better plastic ect. It seems I got better deal than you :)
p.s. BTW the fact i ask for help doesnt make me a noob :) Your post suggests that.

45 minutes ago, Nikova said:

Yeah, thats common sense :) Palit maybe cheaper but they have very good memmory and heatsing on the vram with good cooler.BTW after the flash I got around 40mhz more with the same RAM OC-+750 on 3505mhz stock. Thats not bad for "cheaper" card. The flash just gave me more stable OC thats it. My core clock is also 1555mhz. MSI are more expensive because they put more where its not necessary.Thicker pcb, better plastic ect. It seems I got better deal than you :)
p.s. BTW the fact i ask for help doesnt make me a noob :) Your post suggests that.

The msi was one of the best 970s on the market, the best was the gigabyte g1, it's all about the silicone lottery, my 970 had Hynix memory rather than Samsung memory, my friend always gets palit but I'd rather pay a bit more for better customer support from the better brands.

Also so that's not the reason msi are more expensive so I don't know where you get that from, they're more expensive because they usually overclock better, cool better and look better.

dont forget you've had to flash yours to get to that oc, all I had to do was put the core clock up without any voltage changes.

On 2017-05-05 at 6:50 PM, Nikova said:

???? IS THIS FORUM THREAD DEAD ?????
If someone is more experienced and want to help heres my bios. My boost is 1531mhz
https://mega.nz/#!jhBHgT5A!DoHlBuwwMDnSYAmhc6F2YOJgiMCfqaJ8db_9Pbz_Gn0
Thatnk you

yes and it has been for ages, read the last time someone posted here before you post maybe? after 10 setries and RX dropped the thread died seeing as almost everyone that was serious about overclocking moved on to another card or had done what they came here to do. there was no incentive to keeping it alive for anyone.

5 hours ago, Nikova said:

YEP DEAD FORUM

dead thread, not forum.

Yeah, thats common sense :) Palit maybe cheaper but they have very good memmory and heatsing on the vram with good cooler.

Palit does not have good coolers, its not bad but its not going to be as good as the top teir from the major brands. they are a budget brand for a reason, everyone else(that matter) does PCBs and coolers better.

MSI are more expensive because they put more where its not necessary.Thicker pcb, better plastic ect. It seems I got better deal than you :)

no, they put the money where it DOES matter. better MOSFETs, better coolers and better quality, oh and also decent waranty. looks matter to a lot of people too unless you havent noticed. the fact that your card overclocked just as good means that you got a good core, thats it. the core quality is the biggest factor when overclocking.

you ARE makeing yourself look like a noob so that dosent help either.

4 hours ago, MrJarhead said:

The msi was one of the best 970s on the market, the best was the gigabyte g1, it's all about the silicone lottery, my 970 had Hynix memory rather than Samsung memory, my friend always gets palit but I'd rather pay a bit more for better customer support from the better brands.

i have the G1, but it overclocks like shit because i got a bad core. 1507MHz core and 1852MHz memory and it only does that because i slapped an Accelero TwinTurbo III on it to keep it bellow 50C. once my card reaches 60C it crashes as long as there is any overclocking done to it at all on the latest drivers. the best drivers for my card are old AF and i dont even remember what they were but they didnt let me overclock much more then another 50MHz over stock with the cooler G1 cooler. like you say, its all about the silicon lottery but that dosent mean you should get the cheapest card, cooling, VRM, memory ICs and looks also matter quite a bit when buying your GPU not to mention customer support and wananry. EVGA lets you slap whatever cooler you want on their cards and they still cover you for example.

Also so that's not the reason msi are more expensive so I don't know where you get that from, they're more expensive because they usually overclock better, cool better and look better.

MSI cards have better VRMs then Palit cards in general, thats the reason they will reach higher clocks sometimes, given the same core the MSI card has a better chance of haveing it reach a higher clock speed but that dosent mean that it will. what you are paying for is the cooler and the PCB components mainly, the cost of designing the looks is pretty minimal. what you also pay for are any aditional services you get, like waranty and customer support.

all I had to do was put the core clock up without any voltage changes.

ok, now THAT is a good core... makes me want to cry when i compare it to my card :( 

i probably said the same thing more then once here but i just got back for a LAN so deal with it. now stop necroing this thread because its dead AF. i just felt the need to correct you on this shit. 

*edit*

if you have any problems with this post then hit me up in PMs instead of pestering everyone folowing this thread and il either prove you wrong or correct my post

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

On 2017-5-28 at 10:52 PM, Bananasplit_00 said:

i have the G1, but it overclocks like shit because i got a bad core. 1507MHz core and 1852MHz memory and it only does that because i slapped an Accelero TwinTurbo III on it to keep it bellow 50C. once my card reaches 60C it crashes as long as there is any overclocking done to it at all on the latest drivers. the best drivers for my card are old AF and i dont even remember what they were but they didnt let me overclock much more then another 50MHz over stock with the cooler G1 cooler. like you say, its all about the silicon lottery but that dosent mean you should get the cheapest card, cooling, VRM, memory ICs and looks also matter quite a bit when buying your GPU not to mention customer support and wananry. EVGA lets you slap whatever cooler you want on their cards and they still cover you for example.

MSI cards have better VRMs then Palit cards in general, thats the reason they will reach higher clocks sometimes, given the same core the MSI card has a better chance of haveing it reach a higher clock speed but that dosent mean that it will. what you are paying for is the cooler and the PCB components mainly, the cost of designing the looks is pretty minimal. what you also pay for are any aditional services you get, like waranty and customer support.

Gee, Very unlucky with your G1. My G1 done 1645MHz core & 2053MHz memory (Samsung)

• 2 months later...

I'm new to trying to overclock my GTX 970 (Gaming G1), and also new here, but it also looks like I was unlucky with my silicon. So running stock bios 84.04.31.00.B8 I can only do

1313 (1464) MHz core and 1878 MHz memory (so +135 core, +250 memory). Going anything above that (for instance +140-145 on core) starts giving glitches and artifcats in 3DMark, or in game. Fire Strike gives me a score of about 11000-11200.

I am looking to buy a GTX 1080tI at the moment, but till then I want to eek a little more from the card if I can (namely for VR). Would using a custom bios help here? (Memory on the G1 is Hynix)

41 minutes ago, tarasis said:

I'm new to trying to overclock my GTX 970 (Gaming G1), and also new here, but it also looks like I was unlucky with my silicon. So running stock bios 84.04.31.00.B8 I can only do

1313 (1464) MHz core and 1878 MHz memory (so +135 core, +250 memory). Going anything above that (for instance +140-145 on core) starts giving glitches and artifcats in 3DMark, or in game. Fire Strike gives me a score of about 11000-11200.

I am looking to buy a GTX 1080tI at the moment, but till then I want to eek a little more from the card if I can (namely for VR). Would using a custom bios help here? (Memory on the G1 is Hynix)

+135 on the core isn't too bad TBH. Its when you can only get +50MHz (50MHz OC though its an effective +100MHz in some games depending on GPU boost+thermals) stable in all games that you know that your 970 is poorly binned (my G1 Gaming is in the bottom 3% of the silicon lottery, hence the poor overclocking).

On the plus side (in fact its the only plus over the majority of GTX 970 G1 Gaming) mine is one of the first revision with Samsung memory, and its rated for 2000MHz.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

9 hours ago, tarasis said:

You are vastly more lucky them me with my G1, won't OC at all basically. 

8 hours ago, Dabombinable said:

+135 on the core isn't too bad TBH. Its when you can only get +50MHz (50MHz OC though its an effective +100MHz in some games depending on GPU boost+thermals) stable in all games that you know that your 970 is poorly binned (my G1 Gaming is in the bottom 3% of the silicon lottery, hence the poor overclocking).

On the plus side (in fact its the only plus over the majority of GTX 970 G1 Gaming) mine is one of the first revision with Samsung memory, and its rated for 2000MHz.

Mine is probably bottom 1% or worse. At least it has sammy memory but I can't touch that either lol

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Recently I got myself another 980 ti (was looking for another overclocking adventure), but I am getting stuck somewhere in the BIOS overvolting.

On the BIOS that I am currently running it doesn't boost above 1215MHz (clock state 60) with 1.230v. It keeps running into a voltage limit (power limit is increased to 525+W so that is no problem). Does anyone have any idea what I should change in the following BIOS to actually get a higher voltage? GM2005.rom

I already increased the bottom and top values in the voltage table and I checked all values in Maxwell BIOS Tweaker for any reason for it to max at 1215MHz or 1.230V or even just at clock state 60 for that matter.

EDIT: It is an MSI 980 ti Gaming 6G card on an EK full cover waterblock together with a 5820k on a tripple rad.

Someone once said: "Having a rollercoaster on a PC would be epic"

So threw a rollercoaster on my K'nex PC: Project Dragon Khan- K'nex rollercoaster PC build

8 minutes ago, tomaatvk said:

Recently I got myself another 980 ti (was looking for another overclocking adventure), but I am getting stuck somewhere in the BIOS overvolting.

On the BIOS that I am currently running it doesn't boost above 1215MHz (clock state 60) with 1.230v. It keeps running into a voltage limit (power limit is increased to 525+W so that is no problem). Does anyone have any idea what I should change in the following BIOS to actually get a higher voltage? GM2005.rom

I already increased the bottom and top values in the voltage table and I checked all values in Maxwell BIOS Tweaker for any reason for it to max at 1215MHz or 1.230V or even just at clock state 60 for that matter.

EDIT: It is an MSI 980 ti Gaming 6G card on an EK full cover waterblock together with a 5820k on a tripple rad.

the fun thing is that a 980TI can draw more then your power limit is at already. anyway i dont really know how you would raise that voltage more without maybe some voltage modding to the PCB which im guessing you dont really want to do because the card will look like shit unless you like random wires and potentiometers on it lol. if you already changed the values of max voltage in the BIOS i dont think there is anything more you can do tbh

Builds:

Spoiler

16 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

the fun thing is that a 980TI can draw more then your power limit is at already. anyway i dont really know how you would raise that voltage more without maybe some voltage modding to the PCB which im guessing you dont really want to do because the card will look like shit unless you like random wires and potentiometers on it lol. if you already changed the values of max voltage in the BIOS i dont think there is anything more you can do tbh

I am aware that a 980 ti can draw more power than that, my previous 980 ti used to max out around that point on air. But this card is more voltage hungry than power hungry and restricting power draw a bit gives me more headroom on my cpu (5820k+980 ti on 750W psu is not the best combination). I already managed to increase it to 1.275v by forcing that voltage for every p00 state clock state by setting the min and max slider of the first p00 measure in the voltage table both to 1.275v. At this point it also only draws ~400 watts during the heaviest loads and less during normal loads so the powet limit is no problem anymore. It currently is benchmark stable at around 1560MHz instead of the previous 1515MHz.

So threw a rollercoaster on my K'nex PC: Project Dragon Khan- K'nex rollercoaster PC build

1 minute ago, tomaatvk said:

I am aware that a 980 ti can draw more power than that, my previous 980 ti used to max out around that point on air. But this card is more voltage hungry than power hungry and restricting power draw a bit gives me more headroom on my cpu (5820k+980 ti on 750W psu is not the best combination). I already managed to increase it to 1.275v by forcing that voltage for every p00 state clock state by setting the min and max slider of the first p00 measure in the voltage table both to 1.275v. At this point it also only draws ~400 watts during the heaviest loads and less during normal loads so the powet limit is no problem anymore. It currently is benchmark stable at around 1560MHz instead of the previous 1515MHz.

well you can probably pick up a 850 G2 if you feel like you need it, they arent too expensive usiually. anyway so you get it to 1560MHz then where is the problem if the problem was that it wont go past 1215MHz?

Builds:

Spoiler

9 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

well you can probably pick up a 850 G2 if you feel like you need it, they arent too expensive usiually. anyway so you get it to 1560MHz then where is the problem if the problem was that it wont go past 1215MHz?

That's true, I even have a spare 700W silverstone psu lying around, but I don't want to start replugging cables as that's pretty much hell and I don't even need it is this 980 ti maxes out at ~400W with increased voltage. That 1560MHz was after overclocking of my new bios that boosts to 1392MHz and the 1215MHz was just the boost clock of the previous bios. That 1215MHz bios would overclock to around 1505-1515MHz

• 1 year later...
On 3/31/2015 at 8:56 AM, Gofspar said:

Yeah, enjoy your card man, if you ever need any bios modding hit me up. nobody has been wanting to try bios modding a Strix because not alot of people have the card.

Hi sorry to bother you, i know this thread is pretty old but can i ask you to help me mod my bios for the asus strix 970?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=17bx3An-SdIV10CMNtjtVzw8kxPOIEsDj

I have an MSI gtx 970!  I've had it for 4 years and its STILL a beast at 1080p and pretty good at 1440p