GTX 970 Owners Club

So how dead you think my card might be?

Dying Light is incredibly demanding, even on a 970.

its probably fine, you just probably lost performance while on the Samsung bios. flash the Hynix 1.3v and go to town on the overclocks.

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

So is it correct to assume if I use the 1.3v bios, to not touch the core voltage slider on Afterburner unless i want some serious heat?

its probably fine, you just probably lost performance while on the Samsung bios. flash the Hynix 1.3v and go to town on the overclocks.

you never answered me :(

Was it meant to be a windows diagnostic thing?

What kind of clocks can I hit now?@Gofspar

yay i just dowloaded gpu-z and it turns out i have the blessed Samsung memory !!!! :)

lol on stock volts on my asus strix im running +217 on the core and +790 on the memory.. did you say you had the msi or the gigabyte ? 

MSI it's a peace of poo sometimes :(

Fairly happy with my card, with the 1.3v bios, it's +185 on core, for around 1585 boost and +280 memory.  There are better cards, but since I'm planning to SLI this one, a huge overclock would mean I would need to get a just as good card to keep a balanced SLI.

MSI it's a peace of poo sometimes :(

lol... my friend just bought a msi 970
Spoiler

The Ninja (current gaming pc)  Case- h440 red/black cpu- i5-4690k@ 4.3ghz cooler- coolermaster hyper 212 evo moboGigabyte z97x-sli ram- adata xpg v.1 2x4gb 1600mhz gpu- asus strix gtx 970 hdd- wd blue 1tb ssd- kingston hyperx savage 240gb psu- evga 600b peripherals: mouse- razer death adder 2013 keyboard- corsair k70 with chery mx-reds headset- HyperX Cloud 2

my laptop- toshiba satelite p850, cpu- i7-3630qm ram- 8gb 1600mhz hdd- 1tb 5400rpm gpu- Nvidia gt630m 2gb

did you know we have a gun thread ? well we do 

and a car thread ! 

It's only my one, it's a great card.

I just get extreme bad luckz :'(

well thats the silicon lottery.. my card isnt the best overclocker either. Im only getting 1470mhz but it boosts to 1565mhz. Byt the memory i have running at 7800mhz
Spoiler

The Ninja (current gaming pc)  Case- h440 red/black cpu- i5-4690k@ 4.3ghz cooler- coolermaster hyper 212 evo moboGigabyte z97x-sli ram- adata xpg v.1 2x4gb 1600mhz gpu- asus strix gtx 970 hdd- wd blue 1tb ssd- kingston hyperx savage 240gb psu- evga 600b peripherals: mouse- razer death adder 2013 keyboard- corsair k70 with chery mx-reds headset- HyperX Cloud 2

my laptop- toshiba satelite p850, cpu- i7-3630qm ram- 8gb 1600mhz hdd- 1tb 5400rpm gpu- Nvidia gt630m 2gb

did you know we have a gun thread ? well we do 

and a car thread ! 

I have a 530W PSU ......   Can i safely overclock my msi GTX 970.   ( i m nt overclocking my CPU i7)

I got a pair of windforce OCs ages ago for £275 each, and they both clock to 1530 / 8200.

But I'm running them and my CPU at stock speeds because I don't like heat.

Linus is my fetish.

I have a 530W PSU ......   Can i safely overclock my msi GTX 970.   ( i m nt overclocking my CPU i7)

yeah you'll be fine

I used the stock voltage bios just to increase my TDP and no-fan mode, as well as anti-throttle on my Hynix G1.  I haven't killed my card yet, so should I assume I'm good, and I won't kill my card unless I try to kill the card with tons of overvolting and memory hijinks?

1.3v is the max on these cards due to the voltage controller and 1.3v still is 100% safe.

Can I also use this to for my GTX 970 G1 gaming (with Hynix memory)? Will it help me to obtain higher clocks with low voltages?

This is my overlock: http://i493.photobucket.com/albums/rr292/francine_franz_bucket/d7cb67d1-e057-44be-920a-d7294789be2a_zpsx9jp6jzk.jpg

I added Hynix bio's on the first page. ;D

So is it correct to assume if I use the 1.3v bios, to not touch the core voltage slider on Afterburner unless i want some serious heat?

just dont touch it at all the bios overrides the voltage controller in MSI Afterburner so people dont end up braking their cards.

what the bios says for voltage is what you are getting. so flash a 1.262v bios you will get 1.262v at load. same for 1.275 and 1.3. dont touch the voltage slider and max the tdp slider and have fun.

just dont touch it at all the bios overrides the voltage controller in MSI Afterburner so people dont end up braking their cards.

what the bios says for voltage is what you are getting. so flash a 1.262v bios you will get 1.262v at load. same for 1.275 and 1.3. dont touch the voltage slider and max the tdp slider and have fun.

You keep not answering me :(

Was it meant to be a windows diagnostic thing?

What kind of clocks can I hit now?@Gofspar

You need to flash the BIOS with nvflash. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9bWPCis6PSZSlAxVjdjQTNQY3c/view- Use this. 

Download all three files and put them into a folder on your C:\ drive

And flash with this command nvflash -6 ROM_NAME.rom

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

You need to flash the BIOS with nvflash.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9bWPCis6PSZSlAxVjdjQTNQY3c/view- Use this.

Download all three files and put them into a folder on your C:\ drive

And flash with this command nvflash -6 ROM_NAME.rom

It wasnt what I was asking but that helps a lot anyway so thanks.

He told me to send him my BIOS then he told me to use this and it was a link to a windows diagnostic thing that did some things and he said it would adjust voltages but I'm not sure if it did or not.

It wasnt what I was asking but that helps a lot anyway so thanks.

He told me to send him my BIOS then he told me to use this and it was a link to a windows diagnostic thing that did some things and he said it would adjust voltages but I'm not sure if it did or not.

windows diagnostic? wtf

its nvflash

You asked me to send you my BIOS then you sent back a windows diagnostic file.

its a .rom lol flash

BTW how hard is it to flash? Will it be a high chance of bricking it and can I undo it because I saw a thread somewhere that showed how to unbrick a card :)

BTW how hard is it to flash? Will it be a high chance of bricking it and can I undo it because I saw a thread somewhere that showed how to unbrick a card :)

If you can follow instructions, it won't brick the card.  @Lays has a guide on how to flash the bios.  The only way to brick the card is to ACTIVELY try to do it.