GTX 970 Owners Club

I'm not sure if overclocking can actually void the warranty.

I'm not sure if overclocking can actually void the warranty.

Overclock the card when it's new, to see what it'll do. Then run it at stock settings until that overclock is needed down the road. That way it'll give you longevity and value for your money.

Overclock the card when it's new, to see what it'll do. Then run it at stock settings until that overclock is needed down the road. That way it'll give you longevity and value for your money.

The thing is, overclocking for me has never actually killed my cards.  The cards either died on their own or just never died.

Just received my G1 Gaming today!  GPU-Z says Hynix memory, so I'm not sure how well I can push the memory, but we'll see!  Also, is says ASIC 69%, so I'm hoping it's good, but I'll probably just flash the bios anyway.

Mod annoying LED glow with blu-tack. :)

attachicon.gifDSC09332.JPG

I'm happy with my GTX970 G1. It lets me run a 30" screen and play singleplayer games at 25600x1600 without issue.

25600x1600? damn, nice monitor.. lol

(OOC) [Legend] Vladimir Makaroni: is smelling meth with my new oculus rift a valid reason to warrant a meth lab

Alright, so after some stock voltage OC (with flashed bios), I'm getting a 1565 boost clock, with that looks to be 7630 Mhz memory clock (but I can't do anything with memory because Afterburner keeps locking it for some reason).  I'm really satisfied with this card.

I get 82 degrees in FARCRY 4 @1080p and 60 average FPS in BF4 @1080p , and 30 - 40 FPS @1440p DSR. I've already replaced it with a new unit from the store, same problem. Just sharing my experience :D. Hoping that some of you guys may have experienced the same problem and have a resolution for it. 

System:

Intel Core i5 4690k @ 3.5Ghz, MSI z97 PC Mate, Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 gaming, 4x2 Kingston HyperX blu 1600Mhz, 1 Tb Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm, Corsair CX600M PSU, Corsair AF120 Performance edition 3x, Xigmatek Stock fans 3x, Xigmatek Mach PC Case, Asus VX239H 1080p IPS LED 23". 

Alright, so after some stock voltage OC (with flashed bios), I'm getting a 1565 boost clock, with that looks to be 7630 Mhz memory clock (but I can't do anything with memory because Afterburner keeps locking it for some reason).  I'm really satisfied with this card.

What is flashed bios? does it help improve the performance of your graphics card? and also, does it void the warranty? 

System:

Intel Core i5 4690k @ 3.5Ghz, MSI z97 PC Mate, Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 gaming, 4x2 Kingston HyperX blu 1600Mhz, 1 Tb Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm, Corsair CX600M PSU, Corsair AF120 Performance edition 3x, Xigmatek Stock fans 3x, Xigmatek Mach PC Case, Asus VX239H 1080p IPS LED 23". 

What is flashed bios? does it help improve the performance of your graphics card? and also, does it void the warranty? 

Flashing the BIOS removes the restrictions that Nvidia places on their chips for the purpose of overclocking, or how they work (such as enabling 0 RPM fan speed on the G1).  I'm going to assume for most manufactuers it does void your warranty, unless you flash the original bios back.

I'm going for the GTX 970 SLI when I get enough money for it. Which 970 should I go for? I'm building it with an Intel i7 5820k! I have Everything build except the GPU, extra harddrives and PSU. I will buy SSDs but I'm almost clueless to when it comes to which PSU I should pick for them.. So I felt like this would be a good place to ask!

Any suggestions?

I'm going for the GTX 970 SLI when I get enough money for it. Which 970 should I go for? I'm building it with an Intel i7 5820k! I have Everything build except the GPU, extra harddrives and PSU. I will buy SSDs but I'm almost clueless to when it comes to which PSU I should pick for them.. So I felt like this would be a good place to ask!

Any suggestions?

G1 Gamingfor sure, sorry for not seeing all these questions earlier. Im delidding my CPU so I only have a tablet atm.

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

I'd be going with the 1600MHz+ overclocking bios, if I didn't have the VRM on my 3rd replacement G1 failing (this time the most intensive thing done on it was halo 1-no overclocking).

Conspiracy: Gigabyte hates me and sends me all of their dud gtx970 G1 gaming

Hope you enjoy the bios.

report your max OC to the thread, I need some competition for the fastest 970 on the forum.

Hope you enjoy the bios.

report your max OC to the thread, I need some competition for the fastest 970 on the forum.

I'm not sure I actually want to use a custom BIOS now, I'm onto my 4th GTX 970, and 3rd time lucky has already been and gone.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

I'll be making Hynix GTX 970 G1 Gaming Bios's soon, thanks to @Lanoi for letting me use his GPU as a test bench

I'm not sure I actually want to use a custom BIOS now, I'm onto my 4th GTX 970, and 3rd time lucky has already been and gone.

ah, damn your luck is shit. Try buying from a different vendor like amazon, newegg. etc

Also I feel like your PSU is killing them, I've bought 5 for other peoples builds and they all worked fine

ah, damn your luck is shit. Try buying from a different vendor like amazon, newegg. etc

Also I feel like your PSU is killing them, I've bought 5 for other peoples builds and they all worked fine

I upgraded from a generic Thermaltake 500W PSU (500W peak, 400W actual) to a VS650, then to a CX850. I've had 1 970 fail on each PSU. I'm using my resurrected LGA775 rig, so if no problems occur, my H87M-Pro board is shot.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

I upgraded from a generic Thermaltake 500W PSU (500W peak, 400W actual) to a VS650, then to a CX850. I've had 1 970 fail on each PSU. I'm using my resurrected LGA775 rig, so if no problems occur, my H87M-Pro board is shot.

Get a SuperNOVA G2 and see if you can find a 2500k and a Extreme4 or MSI Mpower on sale.

Can someone explain custom BIOSes plz <3

Think of it like firmware, its what the cards uses to know what to do in situations for example if it wants to boost during load or not etc. 

Kinda hard to explain. download maxwell bios tweaker and look at my bioses and you'll see what I mean.

Think of it like firmware, its what the cards uses to know what to do in situations for example if it wants to boost during load or not etc. 

Kinda hard to explain. download maxwell bios tweaker and look at my bioses and you'll see what I mean.

So would using your BIOS change performance?

What exactly does it change? Dumb it down plz :P

So would using your BIOS change performance?

What exactly does it change? Dumb it down plz :P

Yes, it would increase performance depending on the bios because you'd have more head room for overclocking like TDP overhead and voltage.

Yes, it would increase performance depending on the bios because you'd have more head room for overclocking like TDP overhead and voltage.

How high is the chance of bricking my card?

Could I get a BIOS for my card because my card can't go higher than 172 .-.

I am at a bit of a loss with my 970 , it wont OC at all 

not even 1mhz ......

Help ?

My Pc Specs

CPU : AMD FX-8350 @stock w/Noctua NH D-14   Mobo: Asus M5A99FX    Ram : 16gb Corsair XMS3 @1600mhz    GPU : Gigabyte GTX970 Windforce OC 4GB @1429mhz   SSD: Sandisk X110 256gb    Case: Be Quiet Silent Base 800 Windowed  PSU: EVGA 850w g2  Peripherals : Corsair K70 w/Red Switches , Logitech G502 , Samsung SyncMaster S22B300 (1920x1080) , Ttesports Shock one headset , Phone : HTC one A9

I am at a bit of a loss with my 970 , it wont OC at all 

not even 1mhz ......

Help ?

Damn, maybe you got a pickle card. any voltage offsets?