GTX 970 Owners Club

1 minute ago, Dabombinable said:

hoping it's this you need.

Untitled.jpg

Case: | TT Core x71 | Mobo: | Gigabyte Aorus Elite DDR4 | Cpu: 13600K | 1.310V | P-Core 5.7GHZ | E-Core 3.2GHZ | Cpu Block: EK Quantum Velocity2 | Ram: Team T-Force Vulcan Z 4x8GB 3200MHz DDR4 | Gpu: Gigabyte GTX G1 970 Bios Hacked 1.275V | Gpu Block: EK | Cooling: Custom Loop | Rads: 4 | PSU: Corsair RM 1000w

2 minutes ago, tomaatvk said:

If you happen to have a bad chip you can't overclock that far, even with a loop.

What are the GPU-Z perf. caps you are running into?

Possibly increasing the power limit though a BIOS flash would help a huge ammount in your situation.

What are the actual clocks anyways after you overclocked and go ingame or run a stresstest?

Also, GTA V is a very heavy game, even with the settings not maxed out it is one of the few games that manages to go past the 3.5GB on the 970, even at something like 1080p. Once it goes over that barrier the FPS will suddenly drop very quickly. If it happends to be hanging around the 3.5GB range, you will get unstable FPS and if the settings are simply too high for your card and cpu to handle (which is a possibility as I saw my 3770k @4.9GHz getting almost maxed out in usage during GTA V) it might start stuttering.

the thing is with gta v with everything on max settings with out advanced and msa so forth it's still runs the game at around 90fps but stutters (it's weird ) even on the lowest settings posibble even tried 800-600 res with absolute everthing on the lowest it can go still shutters., it never did it b4. till a few months ago. brand new card only 2 months old now ish. i can't fathem it.

Case: | TT Core x71 | Mobo: | Gigabyte Aorus Elite DDR4 | Cpu: 13600K | 1.310V | P-Core 5.7GHZ | E-Core 3.2GHZ | Cpu Block: EK Quantum Velocity2 | Ram: Team T-Force Vulcan Z 4x8GB 3200MHz DDR4 | Gpu: Gigabyte GTX G1 970 Bios Hacked 1.275V | Gpu Block: EK | Cooling: Custom Loop | Rads: 4 | PSU: Corsair RM 1000w

1 minute ago, loony979 said:

hoping it's this you need.

Untitled.jpg

Yes, and looking at that it should definitely be overclocking higher. As for the core clock, see what it does without the voltage increased and  the power limit at 112%, and the memory is Elipida which is the 3rd best for graphics cards and not known to overclock too well-although 20Mhz is quite low for it.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

oh a quick not aswell as my screen is a projector ,it does 60hz on 1080p. Will get back to you with that.

17 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

hope this helps.

Untitled.jpg

40 minutes ago, loony979 said:

the thing is with gta v with everything on max settings with out advanced and msa so forth it's still runs the game at around 90fps but stutters (it's weird ) even on the lowest settings posibble even tried 800-600 res with absolute everthing on the lowest it can go still shutters., it never did it b4. till a few months ago. brand new card only 2 months old now ish. i can't fathem it.

Interesting, what FPS did you get with the 800-600 res and min settings?

To me it seems like the problem doesn't lie within your GPU but with your CPU/RAM. 

Could you try to decrease the overclock on your CPU (and RAM if you overclocked that too) and making sure that the voltage is high enough that it is stable. After that, test the game and see if it is more playable. Could you also monitor your CPU usage during the gaming?

Someone once said: "Having a rollercoaster on a PC would be epic"

So threw a rollercoaster on my K'nex PC: Project Dragon Khan- K'nex rollercoaster PC build

3 minutes ago, tomaatvk said:

Interesting, what FPS did you get with the 800-600 res and min settings?

To me it seems like the problem doesn't lie within your GPU but with your CPU/RAM. 

Could you try to decrease the overclock on your CPU (and RAM if you overclocked that too) and making sure that the voltage is high enough that it is stable. After that, test the game and see if it is more playable. Could you also monitor your CPU usage during the gaming?

to do those settings ill stock clock them but keep the voltages and put the ram back down to normal with voltages staying for the test .umm ill use MSI for monitoring the cpu. hope that ok will show good i think.ill get back.

what FPS did you get with the 800-600 res and min settings? 120fps- 180fps.

still the same. it's like say seeing 40hz not 60hz ,tho i htink as this mb is getting old but well looked after over the years i may want to try out the 2nd PCI-e slot but that will mean ill need to bleed out the water cooling all good and cut new lines for the gpu. don't think it could be this tho. who knows.

Untitled.jpg

1 hour ago, Dabombinable said:

Yes, and looking at that it should definitely be overclocking higher. As for the core clock, see what it does without the voltage increased and  the power limit at 112%, and the memory is Elipida which is the 3rd best for graphics cards and not known to overclock too well-although 20Mhz is quite low for it.

False.  Elpida will generally overclock higher than Hynix.  You just have to keep it REALLY cool.  I had mine running 2200+.

CPU: Ryzen 1600X @ 4.15ghz  MB: ASUS Crosshair VI Mem: 32GB GSkill TridenZ 3200
GPU: 1080 FTW PSU: EVGA SuperNova 1000P2 / EVGA SuperNova 750P2  SSD: 512GB Samsung 950 PRO
HD: 2 x 1TB WD Black in RAID 0  Cooling: Custom cooling loop on CPU and GPU  OS: Windows 10

1 minute ago, Vellinious said:

False.  Elpida will generally overclock higher than Hynix.  You just have to keep it REALLY cool.  I had mine running 2200+.

That's with water though isn't it?

On another note. For the first time in over 12 months, my GTX 970 is running fully stable at 1501MHz. Keeps on going straight past 80oC towards thermal throttling however, so I really need to get some liquid metal TIM at the very least for my GTX 970 (got a lot of naked die GPU+CPU that need it as well).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

4 minutes ago, Vellinious said:

So with BIOS flashing what are the percentages of it working ? like ive seen it done with Jayztwocents ,or is it most likly to flash with out any issues ?

plus im not sure if im ready yet tho that 1.3v on the gpu does sound interesting tho. but then again. you know what ill leave BIOS flashing alone. and just sort out my issues with my gpu 1st.

I have a discontinued GALAX 970. Love it.

1 hour ago, Dabombinable said:

That's with water though isn't it?

On another note. For the first time in over 12 months, my GTX 970 is running fully stable at 1501MHz. Keeps on going straight past 80oC towards thermal throttling however, so I really need to get some liquid metal TIM at the very least for my GTX 970 (got a lot of naked die GPU+CPU that need it as well).

I would stay away from Liquid Ultra on a GPU.  Get a really good quality paste, like Kyronaut or something instead.

GPU: 1080 FTW PSU: EVGA SuperNova 1000P2 / EVGA SuperNova 750P2  SSD: 512GB Samsung 950 PRO
HD: 2 x 1TB WD Black in RAID 0  Cooling: Custom cooling loop on CPU and GPU  OS: Windows 10

2 hours ago, loony979 said:

So with BIOS flashing what are the percentages of it working ? like ive seen it done with Jayztwocents ,or is it most likly to flash with out any issues ?

plus im not sure if im ready yet tho that 1.3v on the gpu does sound interesting tho. but then again. you know what ill leave BIOS flashing alone. and just sort out my issues with my gpu 1st.

Could you remind me what we were discussing?  I'm traveling, and scrolling back through posts is a real pita.

3 hours ago, loony979 said:

If you follow the video exactly as he is doing it. Then it should be all ok. Just make sure you have the correct bios for the card you have.
I have tried all of those bios for the G1 970 Gaming & have not had a problem. I've had my card up to 1645mhz & 2050mhz Samsung memory. Under water

4 hours ago, Vellinious said:

I would stay away from Liquid Ultra on a GPU.  Get a really good quality paste, like Kyronaut or something instead.

I run CLU on my 980 Classified daily, and when doing sub zero I have a 10ML tube of thermal grizzly

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

I'd never waste my time with it.  Hate the stuff.

Hey guys,

It's Aus... not it's not, this is Bsmith.

Anyway, I got my 970 STRIX for a while now and I'm wondering if it's worth it to get a secondery 970 as back up when pascal releases and prices drop or just move up to 980 (ti) or the pascal equivalent of one step below the highest tier card.

Do I need it?

That is arguable since I'm gaming less and less lately due to work, making the system more used for photoshop and related applications.

But then again, I'm planning to expand to 3 1080x1920 displays within reasonable(6months) time, so that would be needed to be taken in consideration I guess.

any advice for me?

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

14 minutes ago, Bsmith said:

Hey guys,

It's Aus... not it's not, this is Bsmith.

Anyway, I got my 970 STRIX for a while now and I'm wondering if it's worth it to get a secondery 970 as back up when pascal releases and prices drop or just move up to 980 (ti) or the pascal equivalent of one step below the highest tier card.

Do I need it?

That is arguable since I'm gaming less and less lately due to work, making the system more used for photoshop and related applications.

But then again, I'm planning to expand to 3 1080x1920 displays within reasonable(6months) time, so that would be needed to be taken in consideration I guess.

any advice for me?

I started on a 650 ti boost with a 1080x1920 display.

After that I upgraded to a 970 because it couldn't run high settings anymore.

After that I went to a 980 ti because I ran into problems with GTA V on max settings with a 1.5 scaling factor (so it's like running at 1440p).

When my 980 ti wasn't getting any workout from gaming I purchased a 1440p ultrawide to go along with the 1080x1920 and 768x1024 displays I already had.

However, with pascal coming up and not gaming that much anymore I went back down to a 780 on those 3 displays.

Atm I'm getting max or high settings on most games with my 1440p ultrawide with those 2 other screens on the side.

A 970 will be able to drive 3x1080x1920p at high settings in most games. Probably not max and not in all games high. If you can bear that for the little gaming you do, don't upgrade and just wait. You don't need it. If that does annoy you, get the 1070 or whatever it's called.

I can live with what I have now because it's giving me slightly higher settings than the 650 ti boost that I had gotten used to back in the days while running way more pixels.

When the 1080 or something has its benchmark numbers in and it's known how well they overclock and perform (or maybe the same for polaris) I might jump to that but I'm not sure about that yet.

Someone once said: "Having a rollercoaster on a PC would be epic"

So threw a rollercoaster on my K'nex PC: Project Dragon Khan- K'nex rollercoaster PC build

2 hours ago, Vellinious said:

I'd never waste my time with it.  Hate the stuff.

Not tried CLU on my 970s yet but I run it on the bare die of my i5, can pump 1.5v into it before I get any form of thermal throttle. Love the stuff. 

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

Graphic Design Student & Overall Nerd

*please ignore this was a diffirent thread i was retarded and didnt look at the thread starter lol*

Edited by Bananasplit_00
i was a stupid

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

what. the. heck. hapaned. here.... did this just go viral over night? or am i missing something? is this a diffirent 970s owners club? 0_o i posted on like page 1 yesterday and now there is over 80 pages... wtf

There has always been a 970 club prior to firix trying to start a new one.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

1 minute ago, Benji_w said:

There has always been a 970 club prior to firix trying to start a new one.

yah i guess i didnt know, can i join, lol? i have a Gigabyte G1 970 that i overclocked so i guess im qualified, right?

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Just now, Bananasplit_00 said:

yah i guess i didnt know, can i join, lol? i have a Gigabyte G1 970 that i overclocked so i guess im qualified, right?

Not sure what the rules are, check page 1 for that info.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

Spoiler

Kraken

3 minutes ago, Benji_w said:

Not sure what the rules are, check page 1 for that info.

i think i need to have a custom BIOS to join here, guess im out because im keeping stock because i dont want to break my 970 :P 

Builds:

Spoiler