Does this happen to you gamers out there?

chingyg

When the end of the semester is almost over and vacation is just around the corner (winter break/summer break), you're super stoked because you can finally play the games you want in peace without worrying about work. Then when the time comes, you go all out, logging in atleast 8+ hours a day dedicated to games. And then somewhere along the way something hits you. The games you've been longing to play doesn't offer the great satisfaction you've once had and it starts to feel like a chore. Your eyes start wondering off the screen in the midst of battle and you realize you're quickly becoming bored of all your games. Your mind starts to wonder off....and you start to question the value of your time spent playing games. Then finally you ask yourself "what am I doing with my life?" That single thought sinks deep into your mind, dragging a heavy anchor which symbolizes every instance in your life where something unpleasant happened because of your lack of motivation or determination.

That pretty much sums up how I feel right now...pretty terrible. Well, time to go read up on assembly language, linear algebra, and discrete math lol.

What happens to me is I spend all day at work/school thinking about the fun I'll have playing games when I get home. When I get home, I am already bored of the game before even playing it because it has been in the back of my mind all day.

Another thing that happens to me, which is the worst:

I crave video games right before big exams, but right after them, when I have time for games, I feel like doing anything but play games.

Everything's more fun when you're procrastinating. I always play games during the semester and have lots of fun, but once finals are over I don't feel like playing games anymore. To make things worse, when I'm at home during break I get bored even though I know I have the option to play games and when I do decide to play I get bored very fast.

Yeah, I somewhat wish I enjoy games the same way when I started playing them.

Good Morning...

I got similiar fewlings just few months ago when I was playing BF3 in team. I had been playing pretty much 6 years without any bigger breaks. I reaöized that amount of work was too much compared to fun I used to have playing matches. Thats why I quit clan gaming and returned to pubber. I might go back when I have had long break. It just took so much of my energy.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

This is why every gaming build I do has an optical drive - go break out the old games that i've got on CD - Battlefield 1942, Vietnam, MoH PA, Morrowind, Age Of Empires, Port Royale..

This always happens to me when i play alone - can't play more than an hour, unless it's a strategy.

Does this happen to you gamers out there?

Nope.

I was going to leave it there, but apparently there's some pesky 10 character requirement, so in lieu of just saying "Noooooope.", I'll say this - Should the question "what am I doing with my life" enter my head, my answer is "enjoying it". If I'm not enjoying a game, I play another one and if I don't want to play, I do something else. I rarely waste time thinking what better things I could be doing, because what am I going to do? The vast majority, if not the entirety of us will never leave any lasting impact in our lives. A lot of us might leave behind equally irrelevant offspring, but otherwise? I've come to the conclusion life is best spent doing one thing more than anything else - enjoying it.

It's called growing up :D You start to become more aware of oneself and others around you, making you question stuff like this.

The answer? Just carry on doing what you think is fun and everything will be alright. Everything's fine really

It's called growing up :D You start to become more aware of oneself and others around you, making you question stuff like this.

The answer? Just carry on doing what you think is fun and everything will be alright. Everything's fine really

I was going to say the same thing, back in the day used to play CS from sun up to sun down then from there LAN parties ect, then I Hit the age of 20 and discovered alot more about PCs and the world then games. I still love my games but i love other things more now to. Like Salmiakbal said we is just growing up.

CPU- I7 7700K @ 4.4Ghz, RAM- 32 Gig Hyper X @ 2800 mhz , GPU - GTX 1080ti Strix 11gb , MOBO- Asrock Fatality Z270 , SSD :Kingston Hyper X SSD Fury and Samsung 500gig

Nope, but I have not had time to play games for 8+ hours straight in years. Though my answer would still be no, it's just a hobby if it makes you happy do it without worrying about the purpose, if you don't enjoy it then don't do it.

I do however have a hard time getting through single players these days, much prefer multiplayer games. Used to get through single players in a couple of days, now it takes me months and I barely remember what's even going on in the story by the time I come back to them :P

This is why I don't play games any more. For a time, last year, I spent a little on LoL -- gave up at like level 27. Just became a chore.

No games these days are enjoyable to me, though occasionally I'll play some Baldur's Gate or Morrowind -- the two greatest games of all time, just so you know XD

This is why I don't play games any more. For a time' date=' last year, I spent a little on LoL -- gave up at like level 27. Just became a chore. No games these days are enjoyable to me, though occasionally I'll play some Baldur's Gate or Morrowind -- the two greatest games of all time, just so you know XD [/quote']

I'm experiencing the same thing. I do play new games (I enjoyed Far Cry 3 for the most part) but I've installed soo many legacy games again... Like Tomb Raider, GTA 2, Medal of Honor Allied Assault, Railroad Pioneer, Prince of Persia but also more recent stuff like the first Assassins Creed, the first Crysis etc.. The nostalgia makes the game enjoyable. Probably in a few months/a year I'll play Skyrim again.

Yes, it has happened to me. I still play a game every now and then (Alan Wake, Trine, probably the next Tomb Raider...), but sometimes I don't play any game for months.

to know the face of Dodge is to know madness

Take a look at what I’ve been watching…

I have found no matter how old the game, how flawed. If there are people around or if you are spending time having fun with fellow gamers and talking about the game it makes the fun come back pretty quickly. I feel as gaming has become mainstream we have cut ourselves off from each other or even when we do bother to communicate, it is in a negative light and we feel as if its not worth it. If we just sit down, have fun and play games as "Games" we may have something to look forward to. The community behind a game can save or bury it. (Obvious examples for the community killing games *cough... CoD ...*cough*)

In short. We need to feel like a combined community as opposed to a lone person. We tend to forget that when all we see are usernames and insults flung back and forth.

Intel i5 3570k @ 4.0GHz | Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H | Sapphire Radeon HD 7870 2GB OC GHz Edition | Corsair Vengence 8GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz

Cannot agree with you more.

What I do is to 'cycle' games.. from FPS to TPS to puzzle to classic back to FPS.

I tend to play games in binges. Like when I discovered Trouble in Terrorist Town that was all I played for weeks. Same with DarkRP. And every Bethesda game since Oblivion.

Yes i seem to think of gaming as a chore sometimes as my friends always want be to be online with them and play and I'm so good I just seem to turn the tables in the war

Yes, it happens to me a lot. Also I start thinking of all the other things I could be doing.

"No signature"

Happened to me this year. Still love video games, But its time to go out and see the real world. Going to Aus and The US this year. >< Going on some adventures!!

Just started happening to me with Battlefield 3 after logging 54 hours in less than a month. I just stop the game right there and either start doing a C++ programming course I found online or watching some documentaries on the VICE youtube channel.

I have realized that I am not really satisfied with games anymore. I used to spend hours and hours on my PS3 and I haven't touched it for over 4 months now. And on PC I am already tired of BF3 after less than a month. I think it's because I usually play alone. I put on hundreds of hours on Gran Turismo 5 because I used to compete with my friends, but when they stopped playing, I did too. I don't have anyway of playing with anyone I know any more so I guess I will stop playing and spend more time on my other hobbies.

CPU: AMD 3950x Mobo: MSI B550 RAM: 32GB DDR4 GPU: Asus 3080 Strix PSU: Superflower Leadex 3 720w Case: BeQuiet 500DX

Storage: 2TB SSD + 4TB HDD Audio: SMSL 793ii -> HiFiman HE-400 + Mission MS-50 Speakers

Your cool bro, its part of life. If you feel you don't enjoy the games out there get ur but from that chair and try something else fun outside :)

• 2 weeks later...

I got similiar fewlings just few months ago when I was playing BF3 in team. I had been playing pretty much 6 years without any bigger breaks. I reaöized that amount of work was too much compared to fun I used to have playing matches. Thats why I quit clan gaming and returned to pubber. I might go back when I have had long break. It just took so much of my energy.
I hope you mean you were playing in he clan for 6 years... BF3 is a 2011 title :P