DirectX12 AMD and Nvidia Multi-GPU Configurations Confirmed

CM2546

you just keep telling yourself that.

Looking at sales figures, market share, etc it seems more people have less of a problem with nvidia than you think.  Please stop making up figures.

Looking @ sales figure's AMD blew nVidia away in 2014 with the sales of coin mining.

EOC folding stats - Folding stats - My web folding page stats

Summer Glau: Quote's The future is worth fighting for. Serenity

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular

Looking @ sales figure's AMD blew nVidia away in 2014 with the sales of coin mining.

Where are you getting your info? AMD never had majority of the discrete graphics market share in 2014. I dont know if they ever had the lead over Nvidia. This is without Q4 where Nvidia lead 76% - 24%.

post-107732-0-34590000-1426211157.png

You can't be serious.  Hyperthreading is a market joke?

Where are you getting your info? AMD never had majority of the discrete graphics market share in 2014. I dont know if they ever had the lead over Nvidia. This is without Q4 where Nvidia lead 76% - 24%.

that chart is totally bullocks compared to shipments in 2014 amd clearly won :)

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular

that chart is totally bullocks compared to shipments in 2014 amd clearly won :)

Look it up. Every source reports the same thing. Here is shipments in millions. http://www.anandtech.com/show/8446/the-state-of-pc-graphics-sales-q2-2014Q1and Q2. Nvidia sold 4 million more cards in Q1 and 3 million more in Q2 over AMD. Q3 and Q4 would increase the lead for Nvidia, especially with release of Maxwell.

Unless you dont think AnandTech is a good source? Doesn't matter, all info shows your statement is false.

Look it up. Every source reports the same thing. Here is shipments in millions. http://www.anandtech.com/show/8446/the-state-of-pc-graphics-sales-q2-2014Q1and Q2. Nvidia sold 4 million more cards in Q1 and 3 million more in Q2 over AMD.

anand clearly dind't count the 17 million amd apu's sold in the ps4 :)

Unless you dont think AnandTech is a good source? Doesn't matter, all info shows your statement is false.

if you would have boughten a 7970 in the beginning of 2014 then you were out of luck. i had been searching for 2 months for 2 7970's they where always been sold out on every online retailer.

On DX11? How?

AMD does it with their cards as far as I know.

And to be clear, I'm talking about, in a hypothetical situation, if you wanted to SLI a 980 and a 970 together. You can Crossfire two Radeon cards that aren't the same exact model as far as I know. What happens is the primary card (should be the most powerful) will clock down to the second one's highest speed.

Not attacking him at all. It is an assumption based on his last post. 

Then please watch your language. It's better to give the benefit of doubt than to assume like this.

The problem is that this is an nVidia product and scoring any nVidia product a "zero" is also highly predictive of the number of nVidia products the reviewer will receive for review in the future.

On 2015-01-28 at 5:24 PM, Victorious Secret said:

Only yours, you don't shitpost on the same level that we can, mainly because this thread is finally dead and should be locked.

On 2016-06-07 at 11:25 PM, patrickjp93 said:

I wasn't wrong. It's extremely rare that I am. I provided sources as well. Different devs can disagree. Further, we now have confirmed discrepancy from Twitter about he use of the pre-release 1080 driver in AMD's demo despite the release 1080 driver having been out a week prior.

On 2016-09-10 at 4:32 PM, Hikaru12 said:

You apparently haven't seen his responses to questions on YouTube. He is very condescending and aggressive in his comments with which there is little justification. He acts totally different in his videos. I don't necessarily care for this content style and there is nothing really unique about him or his channel. His endless dick jokes and toilet humor are annoying as well.

Then please watch your language. It's better to give the benefit of doubt than to assume like this.

Ummm what? Watch what language? I didn't swear.....

That is total graphics. Do you understand the difference? I am starting to think you do not understand. Most likely, you are playing games because you do not want to admit you were wrong.

Ummm what? Watch what language? I didn't swear.....

I recommend you through the Code of Conduct again: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/95599-linus-tech-tips-forum-code-of-conduct/

It doesn't have to be a swear. Look at Violations of the Code of Conduct Section 2.

Hope this helps.

The problem is that this is an nVidia product and scoring any nVidia product a "zero" is also highly predictive of the number of nVidia products the reviewer will receive for review in the future.

On 2015-01-28 at 5:24 PM, Victorious Secret said:

Only yours, you don't shitpost on the same level that we can, mainly because this thread is finally dead and should be locked.

On 2016-06-07 at 11:25 PM, patrickjp93 said:

I wasn't wrong. It's extremely rare that I am. I provided sources as well. Different devs can disagree. Further, we now have confirmed discrepancy from Twitter about he use of the pre-release 1080 driver in AMD's demo despite the release 1080 driver having been out a week prior.

On 2016-09-10 at 4:32 PM, Hikaru12 said:

You apparently haven't seen his responses to questions on YouTube. He is very condescending and aggressive in his comments with which there is little justification. He acts totally different in his videos. I don't necessarily care for this content style and there is nothing really unique about him or his channel. His endless dick jokes and toilet humor are annoying as well.

I recommend you through the Code of Conduct again: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/95599-linus-tech-tips-forum-code-of-conduct/

It doesn't have to be a swear. Look at Violations of the Code of Conduct Section 2.

Hope this helps.

I know it. I also didn't violate it. If you think otherwise, report me.

nope.  AMD made some ground up but they haven't sold more and I believe at their best they had just over half the GPU market that nvidia did.  We should be due some results soon as we are approaching the end of q1,  I predict AMD will have made a little more ground, but they won't be in front.  

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Do I keep my R9 270 just in case...

£20 says Nvidia put a block on there cards to disable it working with AMD

So this means my 4 way SLI and 4 way crossfire build will actually work?!

Time to buy a 12K monitor

lol

CPU: AMD FX-6300 4GHz @ 1.3 volts | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | RAM: 8GB DDR3

Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P | GPU: EVGA GTX 960 SSC | SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO

HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Green | Case: Fractal Design Core 2500 | OS: Windows 10 Home

For everyone saying that NVIDIA would never allow this to happen, you have to remember that MS certifies vendor drivers for compliance with DX. If the multi-GPU feature is a requirement of that certification, then NV will be forced to support it. And before you say that NV wouldn't care about DX certification, consider that no OEM (Dell, HP, Asus, etc etc) will use their GPUs if the drivers aren't certified with MS.

Guys, remember: SUPPORTS does not mean developers will implement it. It could be coding hell for all we know.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

For everyone saying that NVIDIA would never allow this to happen, you have to remember that MS certifies vendor drivers for compliance with DX. If the multi-GPU feature is a requirement of that certification, then NV will be forced to support it. And before you say that NV wouldn't care about DX certification, consider that no OEM (Dell, HP, Asus, etc etc) will use their GPUs if the drivers aren't certified with MS.

Good point,  now all we need to do is wait and see who will do what.  I bet the bean counters at both AMD and Nvidia have been working overtime to see if this is something to worry about or not.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

If nvidia blocks this, I think I'll never buy an Nvidia GPU again. And I bought 4 GPU's 3 were Nvidia's over the few years I've owned computers.

CPU : Intel Core i7 3960X, Mobo : X79-UD3, Memory : 4x4GB Vengeance Black Memory 1600MHz, GPU : Asus GTX 970 Strix, Case : Switch 810 Matte Black, Storage : 256GB Samsung 830 SSD, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, PSU : Thermaltake 750W 80+ Bronze, Displays : 3x Asus 1080p Screens, Cooling : Corsair H100i, Keyboard : Logitech G710+, Mouse : Madcat Cyborg R.A.T.7, Sound : Sennheiser HD598, V-Moda Crossfade LP, Logitech Z-5500, HMD : Oculus Rift CV1

One thing I'm really wondering about is how they are going to standardize shaders, given that everyone and their mother has their own idea for shaders these days

Guys, remember: SUPPORTS does not mean developers will implement it. It could be coding hell for all we know.

That would suck. Having the potential in front of you, looking absolutely beautiful in your rig, but unable to use that potential because of greed/what have you.

I for one will have my hopes that nVidia/AMD will be willing to work together. If they can only see $$$ then they just might see a lot of $$$$ in this.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

The biggest coding hell these days is probably shaders. Everyone seems to have their own idea of how to do shaders. So I wonder how they are going to get standardized

SFR has been around for ages. I just wonder if they've improved upon this technique, considering no one liked it since it produced lower frame rates compared to AFR.

It'd be amazing to see this being available optionally though, I'd totally use SFR for 4k lol.

Mid-range Emulation Gaming and Video Rendering PC

[CPU] i7 4790k 4.7GHz & 1.233v Delidded w/ CLU & vice method [Cooling] Corsair H100i [Mobo] Asus Z97-A [GPU] MSI GTX 1070 SeaHawk X[RAM] G.Skill TridentX 2400 9-11-11-30 CR1 [PSU] Corsair 750M