monitor flashing red pixels... help!

leopoldb

my monitor sometimes flashes random red pixels i have noticed that the darker the screen the more often it happens. another thing that happens is that when i switch on my lamp the screen starts to look like my broken laptop screen (multy colour lines) i think that its a power problem but i don't understand how that affects the pixels on the screen. and if someone has a sulution that would be great! :)

thank you.

- What is your monitor?

- What cable are you using to connect the monitor to your computer? (VGA, DVI, HDMI, DisplayPort?)

- Are you using any adapters?

- Did you try a different monitor?

i got the same problem i use a HDMI cable from my monitor to my Gtx 480 with a Dvi Converter and i notice that if the hdmi cable is abit lose in my monitor i get some radom red pixels just try to see if your HDMI cable is proberly connected

i got the same problem i use a HDMI cable from my monitor to my Gtx 480 with a Dvi Converter and i notice that if the hdmi cable is abit lose in my monitor i get some radom red pixels just try to see if your HDMI cable is proberly connected

wow my cable was lose... the red dots are gone :) but the flickering and lines when swiching om my lamp are still there

HDMI doesn't carry error correcting bits like DVI and DisplayPort does... as it's aimed for TV not computer usage. That is why you have to make sure your cables are properly connected, and in excellent condition, and no dust in the ports :)

wow my cable was lose... the red dots are gone :) but the flickering and lines when swiching om my lamp are still there

maybe you are taking to much power from your power witch where your monitor is plug into try plug your lamp into another power switch and see if that helps

• 6 years later...

FIXED!!!!.... Changed the HDMI cable, the second cable also had the same problem, third one did the trick. It seems expensive HDMI cables are not necessarily the best ones out there