Why do people buy boring generic PC cases

just got it today,post-193326-0-43064500-1425919279.jpg my new phantom 820 white edition  :)

When i'm not playing PC games i'm playing with my PC parts  Fans,Pumps,Filters,  :wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Now that's what I like, not a boring little box filled with sound proofing crap, one that looks like it's made specifically for performance and nothing else. Like dis

I want one so bad, if only I could afford to actually fill it with all that stuff lol

I want this top secret NASA project (this does not exist) :)post-193326-0-91742600-1425919496_thumb.  

When i'm not playing PC games i'm playing with my PC parts  Fans,Pumps,Filters,  :wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

I want this top secret NASA project (this does not exist) :) -snip

Nice, but the coolant is hideous. I absolutely DESPISE that opaque coolant crap. I don't see the point in it.

Might as well just use opaque tubing of the same color.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I don't like these professional trolls riding on the edge of the CoC so they can't be banned.

calling someone a scrotum is pretty close to the coc's edge too...

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

calling someone a scrotum is pretty close to the coc's edge too...

It was the first lame sarcastic name to call someone I could think of.

REMEMBER TO QUOTE SO I GET A NOTIFCATION! Add me on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Shroomster/ Review(s) more to come

I love my Silverstone Fortress FT02, it's the perfect combination of simplicity for it's overall design on the outside (brushed aluminum, no gamer bling crap anywhere) and uniqueness to stand out with the rotated motherboard design and size of the thing (not as big as an 800d or anything, but still imposing lol).  To me, gamer bling and all those flamboyant cases just screams cheap because it's all plastic that will probably eventually break off or fall off after not too long.  I like things that scream quality and sleek for my personal preference.

Class.

Some people want it understated with a bit of class, instead of something flashy with stickers all over it and oversized aesthetic features. Kind of sounds like I am describing vastly different tastes in cars. It's really there same, as it's about personal tastes.

this beauty here!!!!

600tw_herob_glass_a_3.png

That is indeed a VERY pretty case IMHO, i also like the 760T, corsair make beautiful cases sometimes.

My case i consider ''somewhat flashy'' but with great taste i think, what you guys think?

HPIM4005.jpg

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

I don't like plain cases, especially the fractal design r* cases. The cases I think look the best are the NZXT Phantoms (especially the white ones and the black/orange one), they look interesting without being over the top/blingy, like most gamer oriented cases. 

I've always prefered the "sleeper" look, I don't like to showoff and I enjoy the feeling of being the only one who really knows what's inside. If I was to modify my car for example, I'd only do performance upgrades and keep the exterior as stock as possible.

get new body kits, lift kit, spoilers, flames, neon, and a 20 inch subwoofer in the back

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

I bought the Thermaltake Chaser MK-I for it's size and features at a very good price.  I haven't made my build with it yet but I regret buying it because it looks like shit to me now....for some reason at the time I bought it, it looked fine.

what was I thinking!!!    It was one of those stupid impulse buys.

--snip--

apart from it being a eye sore, it has awesome features and excellent cooling.  Oh well!!!   this is my second regret case.  The one I really want is on the expensive side.

this beauty here!!!!

--snip--

I used to hate my chaser too. (it was fun for the first two days) But now i like it. Changed my colourshift fans to a different color just to annoy people.

2013-04-22230748_zpsa3935a8b.jpg

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Because that:

800d-angled2.png

Looks a hell of a lot better than that:

gts-black-1.jpg

Says you. A black refrigerator for a PC is not acceptable in my book

Says you. A black refrigerator for a PC is not acceptable in my book

Well you wrote your book wrong.

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build

Well you wrote your book wrong.

My book don't give a fuck what you think ;)

My book don't give a fuck what you think ;)

Fair enough haha

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build

Aint nothing wrong with generic.Its pretty awesome having a kicking system in a $10 used pc case.People wouldnt want to steal it :)

Because that:

Looks a hell of a lot better than that:

I agree & disagree. I like the looks of both kinds that you show. But, which one's easier to work on/in? Which one's easier to mod out to something totally unique? Pre-modded cases can look great, but it takes a whole lot like real work to turn them into something special, unless you plan to cut off all the stuff that makes them look good to begin with, which would make buying one pointless, lol!

I'm going to Paint my eye sore of a Pc case (thermaltake chaser mk-1) white.  I saw someone who did it on youtube, makes the case look much nicer.   I rather do that than spend almost 2 hundred for another case.

Because some of us are not fourteen.

Your question is equal to this 

Why do people buy this 

Thumbnail.jpg?p=130717_11:09

instead of this

6608105299_e1aec66dd1.jpg

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

Because...

peoples-choice.jpg

I personally love boring boxy cases. I just love the classiness and simplicity that they deliver compared to something like that screams "UH YIZZ THEZE ANGLED SHAPES MAKE MAH COMPYUTAH 9000% FASTAH AND MOAH CINEMATIC". They also generally have better build quality and more metal than "gaming" cases at equivalent prices. (I'm looking at you, (Plas)tec Nineteen Hundred.)

Also with Bossing Linus there. Kind of like a "wolf in sheep's clothing" kind of thing, at first glance at the (boring) case, it looks like an ordinary computer with "average Joe" specs, (Kids these days thinking "looks = greater performance. -_-) but when they peek through the window with LEDs and big oversized heatsinks and GPU cooling, :o :o :o.

Click here to claim your free Linus plushie.