What Got You Into Computers?

Derykey

I'm a tinkerer by nature. I love to fiddle around with things but I guess it all started something like 12 years ago when I was a kid. My elder sister and younger brother almost always messed up the computer. I was pissed because they didn't know how to fix it. So I learned very quickly, then I got into diablo 2, starcraft, half life among other things and I guess that was the start lol.

Watching linustechtips helped give me confidence to build my own PC. A few friends built by former pc and I also have a laptop but wanted to build one myself because I like what came out this generation.

My very first build is almost finished thanks to the info on the Youtube channel and this forums community, just waiting for those 980 Hydro coppers to comeback in stock xD.

Desktop: ARX-Laevatein : soon to be ARX-8 http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/8RyhHx

Custom Aurora R4 ALX case + Caselabs Merlin Pedestal | i7- 4820k @ 4.8 Ghz | Asus Rampage IV Gene Mobo | 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum | EVGA/Gigabyte 12GB Titan X SLI | 128GB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 2x WD RED 3TB| EVGA 1200 P2 PSU | Win 10 | Razer Black Widow Chroma | Corsair M95 | Asus ROG Swift PG278Q | Sennheiser G4ME ZERO White

Laptop: M17x R4 Stealth Black :

i7-3940xm | 32 Gb G.Skill Ripjaws | 8Gb GTX 880m | Killer Wireless N-1103 | 500Gb Samsung 840 EVO, 1TB WD 5400rpm + 32Gb Msata SSD Cache | 1920 x 1080 120Hz 3D screen | DVDRWBD | Sound Blaster recon 3Di | M18x 330w PSU | Win 7 Ultimate | Zalman ZM-NC11 Black | Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB | Razer Mamba 2012 | Sennheiser PC 363D 7.1 Headset

Linus

CPU- i7 5960x MOTHERBOARD- Asus Rampage V extreme RAM- 32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum ddr4 2800mhz GPU-  2X EVGA GTX 980 SC in SLI PSU- Corsair ax860 CASE- Corsair Obsidian 750d COOLING- EK cpu+dual gpu custom loop (ek supremacy evo, dual gtx 980 copper/acetal waterblocks) MOUSE- Logitech g502 proteus core KEYBOARD- Ducky shine 3 cherry mx blue switches and blue LED MONITOR- Samsung u28d590d UHD  STORAGE -  120 gb samsung 850 evo ssd, 960 gb ocz trion ssd OS- Windows 10 pro http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jtP8GX

Team Fortress 2.

Without it, I wouldn't be running an i7-4790k and a GTX 780.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

I loved the idea of mechanics, and electrical impulses being able to do the amazing things that modern computers have achieved. I think when I started looking into the complexity of computer science (Eg. Coding/Physical Creation) it drew me closer. I first started through coding, and then when I mastered a few languages I figured it was time I took my computer love to the next level. So, when I turned 11, I set out with my $200 of birthday money and I built a super cheap system which I still keep to this day, not that it runs great, but I guess it is a novelty I will always keep around. So, when I stumbled upon this lovely computer community, it just really enhanced my knowledge of the subject as a whole. 

First: Games. Old ones, doom, duke, prehistoric, etc.

Finally: Google/Wikipedia.

Having any answer in less than 1 sec. Goodbye dictionary, Encyclopedias, Encarta, ¿Mom?. 

in primary school, we played minecraft, then i started watching youtube videos about minecraft (this began in primary school) , then i started watching all kinds of channels and videos, a couple of years later i also started watching other videos, like tech videos, i watched hundreds of hours on youtube on how to do stuff with a computer, and now i can program, build computers and fix them :D