What Got You Into Computers?

Derykey

I have a question for you guys. I am a not a super expert in computer dianostics, but I know most of the stuff that could be problemsolving along the way. But I have a question... what got you into building computers or even interested...

Me? I worked on computers for two years... but never knew most of this stuff till I tought myself (thank you world wide web) and a computer class at my school (Graduate in Two Months! YAY!)

MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 5 CPU: INTEL G4400 CASE: DIYPC-SOLO-T1-R 

HDD: 160GB SEAGATE SSD: 128GB SAMSUNG PRO 850

POWER SUPPLY: 550W ANTEC

My older brother had 4 Pcs in his room, 2 xboxs torn apart, and the fact his case was completely clear and had a massive light in it,

And that I had my own PC since before I could read, was always just part of my life. He always fixed computers and just had boxes of parts. Always was  interesting. 

edit: that, and I was offered 100$ to basically run avast in safety mode. so that really helps

I used to play video games and eventually started watching gaming videos one youtube. I then got slightly interested when some of them showed off their computers, though I never really did anything more than thinking it was cool. Later, I got into mobile technology and after around a year I wanted to buy a GPU for gaming. After that, I just never stopped looking at new things and now I'm here.

What got me into computers, altough strangely was Smartphones, and especially processors where i always wait for a new one to come, but the new ones im looking for are always the best there is. This then led to interest in computer hardware, especially the visual world which is basically what computers are made for, creating and rendering more and more realistic scenes each year. Nvidia is the icon of the graphical computer industry in my opinion, whereas Intel is what powers my computer and it will always be like that hopefully.

Groomlake Authority

Got started on a Dell Dimension 2350 with an Intel Pentium 4 2ghz, 256mb which I upgraded to 1.2GB and Intel 82845g graphics and a 40GB IDE with a good old CRT monitor. And then from that yeah...

Steve

My mom opened a Cyber-cafe like 12 years ago, but she didn't (still doesn't) know a shit about PC's :P

Don't get mad, get even...

I have a question for you guys. I am a not a super expert in computer dianostics, but I know most of the stuff that could be problemsolving along the way. But I have a question... what got you into building computers or even interested...

Me? I worked on computers for two years... but never knew most of this stuff till I tought myself (thank you world wide web) and a computer class at my school (Graduate in Two Months! YAY!)

OFF TOPIC

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

When I was young, I went with my dad into a micro-center or something like that store. I thought the cases and shiny colorful boxes were cool. We got a coupon sheet on the way out listing different parts. The next few days were spent just randomly pairing different parts to different parts on that sheet. I literally knew nothing except 'intels are best' and colorful cases meant fast.

I soon forgot about all that when I got my first computer (dell laptop) for a few years. The interest always kind-of stuck with me though... Eventually leading me to build my first system.

"Normandy" i7 4790K - GTX 970 - Phantom 410 (Gun metal) - Z97 Extreme4 (asrock) - 128GB Crucial SSD - 1TB WD HDD - H60 Refurb. - 7 case fans | G710+ Keyboard, G230 Headset, Acer GN246HL Monitor.

Quick thoughts on system: I7 is extremely quick and I'm glad I spent the extra for hyper-threading. I regret my decision to get the GTX 970, it has horrible coil whine. There isn't any excuse for this terrible whine I and others are having. I HIGHLY recommend a 144hz monitor. Future Improvements/upgrades: Rubber fan mounts, basic speakers, more ram (for a total of 16gb), replace GPU.

144hz is love. 144hz is life. I like to submit unfinished posts then do about 20 edits. I like the Night Theme too.

when i was 6 my older sister who had a mac had a problem, i fixed it. Then i fixed everyones computer problems in my house for a small price.. 1$

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

A friend showed me PC gaming about 4-5 years ago. It all started from that, besides everyday normal person stuff like youtube, etc.

When my old pc broke I started to do some research on pc-components, since I wanted to build a new one. Then I started to develope interest for hardware. I discovered also the pc-modding part and I really want some day to practice it myself.

thats how I got into this computer-"stuff" last november  :D

I started out with a HP Pavillion A1000 series computer with a AMD Athlon 64 LIVE after a few years something wasn't running correctly... Fans were spinning completely outa control and did not post what so ever so after I joined my computer class I had a friend look at my board. And told me the Graphic chip (Navida) was fried to sh*t so I got building with an AM1A-S2H Motherboard. With a Sempron 3850... After a few months I started watching gaming videos and gaming builds and this got me thinking... I want to do that too!! And that's how it's been ever sence

MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 5 CPU: INTEL G4400 CASE: DIYPC-SOLO-T1-R 

HDD: 160GB SEAGATE SSD: 128GB SAMSUNG PRO 850

POWER SUPPLY: 550W ANTEC

Wanting to play more RTS games.

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

Was too young to remember. I think it was all the possibilities it has. 

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

My old school IBM PS/2 486 DX 33

Had to upgrade the RAM to a whopping 8MB.

Upgraded the CPU to a 486 DX2 66

Bought the Creative Labs Soundcard and CD-ROM

Upgrading the HDD from 212mb to 1 Gig.  Back in those days, people said you would never need this much space.

Modifying the Autoexec.bat to make certain games run along with all the other things I needed.  (Boot Disks)

It was fun!  LOL

ibm.bmp

I have a potato!

I wanted to play games at higher resolutions and high FPS. No longer care about the resolution part, but I cant have enough FPS. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

It was a hobby, and Linus got me into it even more 

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

Ironically enough, console gaming did.

OS:Windows 10 Pro |  CPU:Intel Core i7 4790k | GPU:ASUS STRIX GTX 970 | RAM:Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) | MoBo:ASUS Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Storage: 500GB Crucial MX200 SSD, 250GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD (x2) | Monitors:Acer XB270HU/ASUS VH238H | Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow Tournament Edition Chroma w/ Razer Greens | Mouse:Razer Deathadder Chroma | Headset:BeyerDynamic DT990Pro w/ Antlion Modmic

Making the mistake of buying an imac due to bad research and am now trying hard to correct the mistake!

Games, and VCD (this thing is kinda non-existed today), it required lot's of things

1st MPEG card (and no, 66mhz cpu just not enough power to decode the MPG)

2nd Sound Card

3rd CD-ROM

to be specific what games?

Destruction Derby

Screamer

Crusader no Regret

and few titles Hentai games if you think that genre didn't exist in 90, and when Playstation come up, I'm busy tweaking my computer to run BLEEM! (it's a first emulator for Playstation)

it runs very bad, and it just forgotten once VGS (Video game station) came up, and sony kill it.

I really don't know... I have always wanted to take things apart, and figure out how they worked. I guess old computers were always around, so I started playin with them. Seeing how they worked, taking them apart and putting them back together. Then I found about youtube. and now alot of my time is filled up with helping people on forums, and working for a small PC repairshop.

Is it bad that my dream setup only costs a few thousand not counting the obutto?

CPU: FX-8320

Motherboard: asrock 970Pro3 r2.0

Memory: Team Zeus Blue 8GB DDR3-1600 Memory 

Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 280 3GB DUAL-X Video Card 

Case: Deepcool TESSERACT BF ATX Mid Tower Case  

Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply  

SSD: MX100 128GB

HDD: WD 2TB black edition

I had no friends. I made friends. Friends liked computers. :P